Home U.S. Coin Forum

Going to Seattle this weekend.

Anybody know of any coinshops there that will be open on Sunday or maybe a Coin Show there this weekend ?

Comments

• FatManFatMan Posts: 8,977
    oopsimage
  • BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi Louis,

Russ or a few others may know more, but, there is one in Bellevue @ the Crossroads Mall (5 minutes away from I-405/Bellevue) that is open on Sundays.
    I don't have much to say about them though as I haven't seen any good deals, they are small, and the owner is not someone that I think has a good customer personality (or, maybe I just don't exude money and high spending auras, so he doesn't care) They are called Woodbury's if you are interested though.

For coin shows, I don't think there is one this coming weekend image You missed one 2 weekends ago and I think there is one coming up labor day weekend.

I would be interested if people know of more stores in the area (Seattle) that are open Sundays and that they think are good.

Ron

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Thanks Bochiman. image

• LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,290 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not much happening in Seattle. The coin and stamp shop at the convention center is closed Sundays. Best inventory in town.
    "My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.
  • TypetoneTypetone Posts: 1,622
    One of the world's finest dealers, Pinnacle Rarities, is near Tacoma. They are probably not in on Sunday, but if you called for an appointment, they might be able to work out a time. Call and ask for Katy or Todd.

Greg
  • I lived around there for 6 years in the Navy. There are not a lot of great places.
    The spot in the convention center is nice (but not open Sundays.) There is a shop
    in Silverdale, WA that has reasonable prices; they are open Sundays. (I got a trade
    dollar from him marked XF that came back from PCGS as XF45, a 1872 2 cent VF that
    came back VF35, and a 1909-S cent that was marked AU that came back AU58; he
    doesn't overgrade!)
    There is an OK coin and stamp shop in Tacoma near the mall.
    Robert Getty - Lifetime project to complete the finest collection of 1872 dated coins.
  • You may want to swing by Compucheap for some personal abuse... image

If you come... I'll swing by. I'd love to meet you.
    Wow! I live near here and didn't know some of that (and the wife is from the silverdale area).

Louis, not sure if you know the area at all...to put things a bit into perspective if you don't.....

From Seattle, head ~45 minutes south on I-5 to get into the Tacoma area. You can take an adjoining freeway from this area and head over to the peninsula where Silverdale is...another 45 minutes or so. Or, from downtown Seattle, you can take the ferry to bremerton area (silverdale is next door there)....Ferry is a little over an hour I think.

The weather should be good for you this week/end.

Tell you what too....I did some searching on you may want to contact the following to see if they are open on Sunday (I don't know them...never called them, never been there, but have wanted to try them out for awhile...they also sell on ebay):

Crown Hill Collectibles
    8343 15th N.W.
    Seattle, WA. 98117
    Phone: 206-789-5363
    crownhill@crownhill.nu

From the address, they are probably 10-15 minutes north of the university of washington (go Huskies! image ).

Again, good luck, and let us know how it goes.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• JohnZJohnZ Posts: 1,732
    I have an eBay dealer that I've bought from in Seatlle. Very knowledgable, very friendly, very fair prices. PM me if you're interested, and I'll ask him if it's OK to forward his info.

We ARE watching you.

• BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    have a nice trip!

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's a new one in Issaquah, right across the big pond from Seattle. This store replaces the long defunct one Ron speaks of, in Bellevue.

Sorry if this info is sort of stale. Been busy working on a PC virus...

Dave
    Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.

<< <i>There's a new one in Issaquah, right across the big pond from Seattle. This store replaces the long defunct one Ron speaks of, in Bellevue.

Sorry if this info is sort of stale. Been busy working on a PC virus...

Dave >>

Where at Dave? I know there is now one in Kirkland/Totem Lake on 124th & 124th (Ralph Solomon and a partner.....Redmond Rare Coins)....didn't know of this other one.....

Hi Ron -

Right next to GI Joe's, on Gilman Blvd. I was in there the 2nd or 3rd day they were open, but the shop was still being set up and organized. I need to check it out again soon, as it looked decent.

Dave

Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.
  • clackamasclackamas Posts: 5,615
    You gotta go cherry pick Russ. that would get you in the hall of fame!
  • FairlanemanFairlaneman Posts: 10,404 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Sorry if this info is sort of stale. Been busy working on a PC virus...

Dave >>

Virus for 5 years on your computer? Check the date above your reply........image

Ken
    Hey, maybe I'm writing one...and oh.......it's going to be a good one...

Dave

<< <i>

<< <i>Sorry if this info is sort of stale. Been busy working on a PC virus...

Dave >>

Virus for 5 years on your computer? Check the date above your reply........image

Ken >>

You're from Oregon....I would imagine 5 years to you would be like a month to us up here image

Oh, this is gonna get nasty...

I'm outta here. I need to go work on my 'virus-to-PayPal' interface anyway. So close....oh....so close....

Dave
  • SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just for the record there is a show this weekend in the Seattle area

Saturday August 2
    KIRKLAND-EASTSIDE COIN & CURRENCY SHOW
    Kirkland Baymont Inn, 12223 NE 116th St, Kirkland, WA
    425-821-1376 for info

small show.
    Thanks Gil,

I didn't know about that one and haven't been to one in months.....usually, there is nothing to be found, and I don't expect it to be different, but I will try to go, just in case.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file