Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

PCGS Crossover Question

I need clarification on something...

As long as PCGS determines a coin not to be cleaned (or one of the other determinations that warrant a body bag) they will crossover a certified coin (from one of the other certification companies) to one of their PCGS holders. Is this correct? I am assuming that I have not filled in the minimum grade column.

Numonebuyer

Comments

• Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭

<< <i>they will crossover a certified coin (from one of the other certification companies) to one of their PCGS holders. Is this correct? I am assuming that I have not filled in the minimum grade column. >>

Not filling in the column isn't always enough. Sometimes they just assume. To be sure, you need to write "CROSS AT ANY GRADE" somewhere on the submission form.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    Oh, that could be real bad. I just sent a group to PCGS for crossover.

Numonebuyer
  • Options
    dldallendldallen Posts: 359 ✭✭
    If you don't fill in the Min Grade Column, then you are asking for a straight crossover at current grade (or higher). As Russ stated, if you just want it in a PCGS slab, then put a 1 in the Min Grade AND write on the form CROSS AT ANY GRADE. I take it one step further and place a sticker on the slab with the same statement.

If you're asking for a straight crossover though, and don't want a grade lower than what you currently have, then you also need to put that grade in the Min Grade Column. DO NOT assume anything! I'm sure you know the breakdown of the word assume! I've been pretty satisfied with my cross at any grades and don't think any of them (higher or lower) came back without the grade they deserved. Regards, Dave
  • Options
    Conder101Conder101 Posts: 10,536
    Call customer service and let them know what is going on and you might be able to get it corrected to cross at any grade if that is what you want. But I'd do it now so they know before the package arrives. If it is already opened and in the process it may be more difficult to correct.
  • Options
    numonebuyernumonebuyer Posts: 2,136
    Anybody know the number to customer service. I sent an email to info@pcgs.com.

Numonebuyer
  • Options
    Is this the number (800) 447-8848 ?

Numonebuyer
  • Options
    As long as they havent been shipped back yet, you can have the submission changed. My question is, who is the best person to talk with about getting free grades for late submissions? Im getting ready to call!
    You can fool man but you can't fool God! He knows why you do what you do!
  • Options
    PCGS responded to my emails and said they would take care of the invoices by puting the appropriate wording on them for "Cross at any grade".

Numonebuyer

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file