Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

NGC "Almost Uncirculated"

09sVDB09sVDB Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭
I was flipping through the channels and came across our friends hawking Morgan Dollars on the HSN. The strange thing was that they were selling the grade"Almost Uncirculated." This is what was written on the NGC slab. Did/does Ngc ever grade these without the use of number? It was the first time I have ever seen this. The "great" thing is if you hurry you can get them for ONLY $36.95 each!

Comments

• Options
    michaelmichael Posts: 9,524 ✭✭
    i will take

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm none!!

now you see what coin selling is mostly all about

timing and marketing alongwith a good supply

looks like HSN gots the market cornered so to speak

by the way what is hsn??

sincerely michael
  • Options
    HOME SHOPPING NETWORK.
    PCGS,NGC & ANACS certified toned Morgan dollar dealer.
  • Options
    Actually, I saw these special NGC holders on the "Coin Vault", which is on Shop at Home TV Network. They had the "ALMOST UNCIRCULATED" NGC Slabs for Morgans at a SUPER PRICE of only $36.95 each. They also had MS69 Silver Eagles in their own special NGC slabs...Who would want that? Youck!!!image
    Gary
  • Options
    Conder101Conder101 Posts: 10,536

<< <i>They also had MS69 Silver Eagles in their own special NGC slabs...Who would want that? >>

Would that be the one with the american flag background with the eagles head in the center? If so , I want one! Need it for the reference set.

I've never seen an NGC slab that didn't use numerical grading. Did it have any kind of background underprinting? I probably need one of them as well.

HSN had another "special" NGC holder awhile back as well that I also need. Their "God Bless America" slab

• Options
    I know on some of the Binion dollars, they graded them "Brilliant Uncirculated" without an MS number...true MS 60's that looked like a train hit 'em...
  • Options
    You're right I had forgotten that some of the Binions didn't have a numeric grade. (Which is bad because I have some of them)
  • Options
    Condor101,
    I did not see any other writing on the "Almost Uncirculated" Morgans. The certificate was white with a blue edge and had the AU wording across the center of it. The others I did not see up close, but they were touted as a special certificate by NGC just for the Coin Vault. I suppose that they paid $28.00 per coin for each of them to be graded, just like they tell all of their customers that is the price NGC will charge them.image
    Gary
  • Options
    Well that sounds like a new variety I'll have to get. I don't watch the show, anyone know if they have a website I could possibly buy one from?
  • Options

<< <i>Well that sounds like a new variety I'll have to get. I don't watch the show, anyone know if they have a website I could possibly buy one from? >>

condor:

I saw this on TV this mornign at about 4:00 am.

They are selling"almost Uncirculated" Morgan Dollars for $39.95 for one - ten for $369.95 - not bad for $12.00 coins.

I scanned their website for you www.shopathometv.com

could not find the single slab photo - but here is a group of ten

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather did, as opposed to screaming in terror like his passengers."

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file