Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

I just purchased a superb 1963 Franklin PCGS-PR67CAM from WHRC. Super PQ and tickling DCAM! Your t

1963 50c PCGS-PR67CAM Super PQ and almost DCAM

I love this coin. I think its a breath away from DCAM. Very PQ and a great value for the price.
Always great quality from Wayne. Your thoughts?

Brian.

Comments

• Options
    Beautiful coin. Will not go Dcam though, in my opinion. I've bought some nice coins from Wayne...........Ken
  • Options
    Wonderful!

And I second the motion on Wayne Herndon... he's great!
  • Options
    MercMerc Posts: 1,646 ✭✭
    It looks nice, but it is so hard to tell a DCAM from a picture. I've seen ones look like a strong cam in the picture, but when I get to see it directly it may only have mild contrast. It all depends on the lighting and how it picks up the cameo.
    Looking for a coin club in Maryland? Try:
    FrederickCoinClub
  • Options
    LucyBopLucyBop Posts: 14,004 ✭✭✭
    hmmmm.... nice buy at 99 dollars..... Hard to tell if dcam.... frost could be soft in the shoulder area.. or this could be the image.... Dcam Frankies need to have very deep mirrors.... When held at the right angle, you should see Frankies face reflect several times in the fileds, also, the coin should fade out to a nice black and white contrast at certian angles.... The Frost has to be there, but the mirrors are critical... strong mirrors have put many a cam franklins into dcam status....
    imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"
    "I want a real cool Kitty from Hepcat City, to stay in step with me" - Bill Carter
  • Options
    wingedlibertywingedliberty Posts: 4,805 ✭✭
    Thanks for the feedback. I actually need a 1963 proof, because I didn't have one. This will make
    a welcome addittion.

Brian.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file