Home U.S. Coin Forum

My NEWPS form the Long Beach Show.

MrLeeMrLee Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭
JamminJ and I carpooled to the Long Beach Show today to pick up my newest addition, an 1885 PF 64 Liberty Nickel. I've been searching for this one for quite a while and I noticed that there was a couple at the Heritage Auction at the Long Beach Show. I've never bid in these auctions before so it was a real experience. One was a Proof 66 but there was a couple things I wasn't thrilled about and I really didn't want to spend that kind of dough so I went for the Proof 64.
imageimage
With that my Liberty Nickel is complete. Now the upgrading Begins.

And while walking the brouse floor, we stopped by John Ruiz's table (strat). He knows what I like and had this one waiting for me.
imageimage
A great looking 1883 N/C MS 64. I'm very happy with both.

BTW. While I didn't see many members there, I did get a chance to talk with Nucklehead and mdwoods again. Thanks again for the coin holders Mark. That was very generous of you. And thanks for coming out here. Have a safe flight home

Comments

• airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 21,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice!
    JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research
  • clw54clw54 Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭
    Congratulations, MrLee. You finally got one of those, and a proof at that!
  • stmanstman Posts: 11,352 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>And while walking the brouse floor, we stopped by John Ruiz's table (strat). He knows what I like and had this one waiting for me. >>

Did he have a grin on his face? Since he had it waiting for you I figured maybe he had a grin when he told you how muchimage Naw, he's one of the few good guys and Strat is good to deal with on the buy or sell end.

Congrats on your new coins Mr. Lee. Sorry I just can't call them that word you guys use, makes me cringe.
    Please... Save The Stories, Just Answer My Questions, And Tell Me How Much!!!!!
  • MrLeeMrLee Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Did he have a grin on his face? >>

Yes he did but he still gave a great deal on it. And you're right that he's a super guy to deal with and loaded with info. Strat will help you out any way he can.
  • JamminJJamminJ Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭
    Hi Everyone,

I was there when MrLee picked up his newest and best coin. I really enjoyed watching him at the show, he was like a new father showing off the most recent addition to the family!

I don't think I've ever seen Strat without a smile.

-JamminJ
  • nuckleheadnucklehead Posts: 1,500
    Lee, those are some great coins! congrats!image
    Friends are Gods way of apologizing for your relatives.
  • clw54clw54 Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭
    I wish I coulda seen MrLee get that nickel.
  • JJacksJJacks Posts: 759

Great coins there Mr. Lee. I didn't see you at the show.

I Had a fun time at the show and talked with JamminJ and nucklehead and a few other members. I had Gordon from PCGS look at my Peace $ set, and the only one he said to maybe try upgrade would be the 26-D in MS65 I have. I picked up a few nice coins, but I may wait to scan them to mention what they were!

JJacks

Always buying music cards of artists I like! PSA or raw! Esp want PSA 10s 1991 Musicards Marx, Elton, Bryan Adams, etc. And 92/93 Country Gold AJ, Clint Black, Tim McGraw PSA 10s
  • bozboz Posts: 1,405
    Mr. Lee,
    What was the asking price for the pr66? I'm dying to know
    The great use of life is to spend it on something that will outlast it--James Truslow Adams

<< <i>Mr. Lee,
    What was the asking price for the pr66? I'm dying to know >>

With the "juice", it wound up at $1,236.25. That was just a little too much for me right now. The PF64 suits me perfect! image

JJacks. Geez I'm sorry I didn't see you there! They're paging more people now so if anyone if looking for others, PAGE 'EM please. That place is HUGH and I can never find friends there.
  • bozboz Posts: 1,405
    Thank you so muchimageimage
    The great use of life is to spend it on something that will outlast it--James Truslow Adams

<< <i>he was like a new father showing off the most recent addition to the family! >>

You're darn right! It's sleeping with me tonight! image
  • Got me two nice Franklins, a 49 S and 52 D, both should go 65, the 52 is FBL I also picked up a 48 Voyageur for AU price, should go MS60+. I saw Strat and Toningintheblood, I think they liked my 58 Trime. Stopped by Pinnacle, Mark was already gone.
    You can fool man but you can't fool God! He knows why you do what you do!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file