Home PCGS Set Registry Forum

i registered a proof liberty nick registry set and my weighted GPA is 69 the best GPA of any current

but i must say it is only one coin...............lol

but it is fun to see all of the liberty nick proof sets on the registry i am on the bottom but still have the highest weighted GPA ***69*** of any on this registry

funny to see a late 19th early 20th century series proof set on the pcgs registry with an average weighted GPA of................................ 69

LOL

sincerely michael

Comments

• HigashiyamaHigashiyama Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Michael -- that is a very sentimental date for me -- my Grandfather, who got me started in coin collecting, was born in 1901! He gave me a 1901 Barber half that he pulled from change after a fair bit of wear!
    Higashiyama
  • dbldie55dbldie55 Posts: 7,717 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have an image of that coin. It is a wonder coin. Now you need the other 30 image
    Collector and Researcher of Liberty Head Nickels. ANA LM-6053
    Here you go.... I could not take all of the red out, I know the coin looks better than this image.

imageimage
  • DAMDAM Posts: 2,410 ✭✭
    Congrats Michael!

First and last, all in one set. LOL image

I read the description you have of your coin. That's exactly how I have described my 1897 67DCAM.

Beautiful, aren't they!

Maybe I'll list my '97 DCAM and I can be tied for last with you, and be tied for first with you for GPA. LOL!
    Dan
    Here is DAM's 1897...

• WOW! That 1901 is one heavily frosted DCAM. Thanks for sharing the coin with us michael.
  • michaelmichael Posts: 9,524 ✭✭
    thanks everyone! wow i want that 1897!!!!!!!!!!!!! wild!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    you should post THAT coin as as a start of a set i would like to combine them and then send in some others to pcgs that we could then register in the set and it would totally FAR AND AWAY BLOW THE TOP SET SO FAR OUT OF THE WATER IT WOULD NOT EVEN BE FUNNY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i think the registry is a great thing but there are still coins out there that for whatever reason or another might not be in pcgs holders but are like much better than what is already registered as the top

but as my friend would tell me put up or shut up or show me the money talk is cheap..........lol and i guess he is right! so the registered coins are the finest known but for me the watchword the keyword so to speak is known!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!............................lol

dam!! as i think the 1897 is weighted higher than the 1901? then you would have a gpa of 69 and be higher than mee! LOL

david poole you are a gentleman with lots of class and you ALWAYS give more than you take i can see why you are successful in many walks of life and in what you do you are a sport

and do you know what a sport is well i can give you an example a sport is someone who comes home from a long hard day at work super tired and then the wife or kid says hey lets go do something! the sport smiles and says okie lets go and never mentions anything

or a sport is like a coin dealer after a not too good day at a show and is tired and someone from the bourse comes up to him and says hey would you please help me out with an evaulation of this coin i need it right now to get out of this coin as it has to be done now! and the sport does it! when the sport has many other things to do!

oldcameoproofsguy coming from you i respect that as you got a good no a great eye and you specialize in cameo proofs of the barbers and you understand what you are looking at and you gots some one of a kind coins! also no matter waht i asked you in my private messages to you you always helped me out and then some!

sincerely michael

wow higa that is a really neat meaningful story worth more than any coin! wow you were lucky to have a grandfather like that! incredible no wonere you are the high class intelligent person you are today you have good close relatives and teaching!

dbldie i agree with you! the coin is much better than the scan and also if you see the reverse of the nick it looks like haze in the middle of the reverse THIS IS NOT THE CASE THIS IS THE ORIGINAL TONING that actually looks like it floats on top of the liquid mercury mirrors but

this coin has to be sight seen unfortunately these coins are nearly impossible to photograph but it is all we got on here!

and dbldie thanks for specializing in lib nicks i have seen the lib nick site you posted on here and you have good information on coins and have helped me leran much and fine tune what i already have known!

thanks guys for some great responses!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    i was wondering why when i clickon the more information on this nickel set for the dc proof 67 1901 i registered but the description i typed up doesnot come up but says error??

sincerely michael
  • wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,648 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Michael: Sensational coin!! I plan on speaking with you on a few of these 19th century monsters real soon image

Wondercoin imageimageimage
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
    just saw this thread.........lol

look forward to it wondercoin

i luv to talk federal coinage

sincerely michael