Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Concerning the Heritage "Make An Offer" feature

Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,364 ✭✭✭✭✭
Just wondering, anybody ever use this feature?

Let's say you see a coin listed for $200 bucks.

You click the "Make An Offer" button, and it says something like "Suggested Price Range $180 - $190" (just an example).

If you offer, let's say, $165, what happens? Do they just laugh their A*S*S off, and then come beat you with a big stick? Do they counter offer?

Seriously..... has anyone low-balled them and picked up a decent coin?

Dave
Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.

Comments

• Options
    TWQGTWQG Posts: 3,145 ✭✭
    They state that below the level offers are automatically rejected. I've tried but never had any offers accepted.
  • Options

<< <i>Quote From Heritage Web Site >>

Will My Offer Be Accepted?
    Heritage will accept the highest offer in this price range received in the three business days (or less) after the first offer is received. Ties always go to the first offer. Heritage will not counteroffer or play you off against another buyer -- we will either pass or play within three business days. Offers below the recommended range will automatically be rejected. Offers above the recommended range will automatically be accepted unless the coin is no longer available. (Therefore, if you want to be awarded the coin right away, assuming it is still available, without waiting up to three business days, we suggest you offer at least $1 above the high end of the Suggested Price Range.)

<< <i>End Quote >>

Offers below the recommended range will automatically be rejected.

ANA Member R-213302
  • Options
    PlacidPlacid Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭
    Their site is really slow for me tonight. The coins for long beach are up though.
  • Options
    Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,364 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks guys. Guess I better learn to read.

I did try and enter a lower amount, but their damn Javascript stopped me dead in my tracks. No dice.

Dave
    Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.
  • Options
    On the flip side I did use that feature once and made an offer $1 above the recommended range and it automatically added the coin to my shopping cart...
    ANA Member R-213302
  • Options
    truthtellertruthteller Posts: 1,240 ✭✭
    Heritage is in the business of moving huge volumes of coins. If a coin has "make an offer", the coin has been way too long in inventory and they really need to sell it. I would recommend a phone call to David Lindvall, and ask "what's your best". Usually, he quotes the lowest he can go. David is on the wholesale end, but would love to sell the coin to anyone, so long as the offer is within reason.

TRUTH
  • Options
    LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Man, I didn't know there was a automated way of doing it - I just email Chris Lane and wait....thanks for the info.
    "My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.
  • Options
    BigD5BigD5 Posts: 3,433
    I picked up a coin after the Signature Sale with a similar feature, where they listed the unsold lots. I actually posted in a thread saying I never won anything this way, but two days later........image I'm not sure if that's the same thing though.

BigD5
    LSCC#1864

Ebay Stuff

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file