Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Any collecting "New Year Resolutions" out there?

Maybe to finish a set, obtain a highly sought after card, etc, etc?

I would like to be 100% on the Pete Rose Master Player set with a rating of 8 or higher, and above 35% on the 1967 set with a rating at 7 or higher.

I would also like to be at 50% or above in savings toward a nice 1952 Topps Mantle PSA 5.
collecting various PSA and SGC cards

Comments

• Options
    carkimcarkim Posts: 1,166 ✭✭
    Maybe to finish a set, obtain a highly sought after card, etc, etc?

I will be searching for a PSA 9 Roger Staubach 1972 Topps Rookie Card (For under $1000.00)image

Carlos
  • Options
    mcdee2mcdee2 Posts: 1,150
    going to make a push for 75% on my 86 fleer psa set.. psa 8 and up...
  • Options
    PROMETHIUS88PROMETHIUS88 Posts: 2,826 ✭✭✭✭✭
    my wife and i went in the end of last week to induce labor. after 2 days....nothing. well, my biggest resolution is to get this kid out of my wife!!! next, in no particular order:

75% completion 86-87 fleer basketball psa 9 nq set
    40% completion 70-71 topps bsktbl psa 8 set
    10% completion 69-70 topps bsktbl psa 8 set
    100% completion 86-87 fleer sticker psa 9 set
    100% completion 1988 fournier estrellas psa 10 set
    and finally i resolve to TRY not to bid on any 86 fleer basketball psa's that i see mcdee has bid on on ebay!!!!

good luck and happy new year to all!
    Promethius881969@yahoo.com
  • Options
    Complete at least 75% of the 74, 76, and 78 baseball sets in 8 or better.
  • Options
    My resolution is to stop buying stuff I have no use for... you know? Time after time... I find myself picking up stuff that I have no use for just because it is really cheap... like... a psa 10 jason williams fleer brilliants rookie for $2.99~ or a psa 8 1987 donruss ripken for twenty five cents~
    This year... no matter how cheap it is... I shall resist all temptations to bid on and win stuff I really don't want. I merely want to stay focused on my goals~
  • Options
    I resolve the following:

1.) To finish my 1969 Topps Decal Set with all cards 8 or higher

2.) Ditto for my 1968 Topps Game Set.

3.) To continue to work on finnishing Kellogg's Card Run from 1970-74 in PSA 9 or better with out over paying image
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass... it's about learning to dance in the rain.
  • Options
    My resolution is to concentrate on my registry sets and quit expanding my horizons and spreading myself thin.

Bill
    Bill Roberts
  • Options
    I would like to BUY as many BGS/BVG 7 or above cards of Mantle / Mays / Aaron / Williams / Rose as possible without getting hungry or divorced.
  • Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,069 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1) Try to finish my 1969 set in PSA 8 or better.
    2) Start grading out my 1968 set.
    3) Try to find a nice high grade 1967 set (later in the year).
    4) Find as many PSA 9 quality raw cards as humanly possible. image
  • Options
    AlanAllenAlanAllen Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭
    I'm not going to buy any more cards next year.

I'm not going to buy any fewer cards, but I'm not going to buy any more cards. image

Joe
    No such details will spoil my plans...
  • Options
    BobSBobS Posts: 1,738 ✭✭
    1) try and finish one of the sets I'm working on so I can finally register a set. As you can tell, I'm a little anal in thinking a "set registry" should only include "sets".

2) get a PSA 10 from one of my own submissions.

3) belly up to a gaming table of some sort with Zardoz.
  • Options
    1) Get a 54 Wilson Franks Ray Jablonski in a PSA 5 or 6. (I'm not holding my breath)

2) No more bidding on cards after 3 or more drinks.

3) For other people = No more ebay auction headings such as " Husband needs blood tranfusion! Must sell cards!" (wouldn't you have more important matters on your hands?)

4) Let my SCD subscription run out.

5) Break 40 on nine holes!

Have fun tonight!
  • Options
    murcerfanmurcerfan Posts: 2,329 ✭✭
    Scott.
    you forgot:
    6. Trade all my nice shiny '62 football cards to murcerfan.............
    and no, you can't have my Jablonski.
  • Options
    1) Complete my 1971 Topps PSA 8 set

2) Anything after that is a bonus!
  • Options
    #1 Complete my 71 Topps Set
    #2 Complete at least 2 of my modern football sets
    #3 Liquidate all ungradeable cards
    #4 Actually try selling all the "inventory" I've acumulated
    Baseball is my Pastime, Football is my Passion
  • Options
    1. Win the lottery.
    2. Finish every baseball set ever made in PSA 9 or better. image

Obviously #1 will have to occur before I begin to tackle #2.

Happy New Year everyone.

JEB.
  • Options

1. Get to the national.
    2.Leave there with more than $10 in my pocket.
    3.Finish my 56 set and crack the top 5 on the registry.
    4.Become good friends with virtualizard just in case he DOES win the lottery.(Maybe he has an inside track)
    5.Make just 1 major baseball card find in some forgotten 75 year old attic.( I might finally be able to say"I've got ten of those"about something older than 1980.)

Have a safe and happy new year,

Vic
    Please be kind to me. Even though I'm now a former postal employee, I'm still capable of snapping at any time.
  • Options
    7) Hypnotize Murcerfan into trading his Jablonski for an ex/mt stash of 1981 topps commons. Wait...........I'll throw in my coveted Lawrence Welk VHS rerun set I inherited from my dad.
  • Options
    To finish my 70 and 71 Topps baseball sets, and have a good year in business to be able to afford finishing 71. And to get to over75% on 53 Bowman Color, which means having even a better year in business
    Collector of baseball PSA sets from the 1970's & hockey rookie cards; big New York Rangers fan (particularly now that they are sleeping with the enemy with Holik and Kaspiritus). Also starting to collect 53 Bowman Color as I think they are the most beautiful cards I have seen.