Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

How bout a superb gem "original" walker?

stmanstman Posts: 11,352 ✭✭✭✭✭
It's in a pcgs ms67 holder. The image that appears on the screen and the attachment are a good representation of this piece. It has blue around the rims and to my pleasant surprise around obverse rims and especially at 12:00, 6:00, and the sun area have some rainbow colors going on. I had to chase this coin down from one dealer to another one until I was able to purchase it. Please note what may appear to be a weak strike in the skirt and eagle's breast is when it was imaged as to image toned coins you need to tilt them to show color therefore less detail appears. A nice "original" piece with original skin which is very obvious in the images. Although this maybe a common date, it certainly is not common with the state of preservation and having the "LOOK" this one has. Thanks for taking a look and feel free to comment.

imageHere is another image. I hope this works this time.
Please... Save The Stories, Just Answer My Questions, And Tell Me How Much!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    Can someone please tell me if the attachment link is working?
    I'm having a heck of a time getting pages to come up lately.
    Thanks.
  • Options
    MICHAELDIXONMICHAELDIXON Posts: 6,407 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Both are working now. Very nice coin!
    Spring National Battlefield Coin Show is April 12-13, 2024 at the Eisenhower Hotel in Gettysburg, PA. WWW.AmericasCoinShows.com
  • Options
    I couldn't get the link to come up. I think it had some extraneous html code in it.

Try this:

Nice coin, BTW!

Edited: Nevermind, yours seems to work now.
    Time sure flies when you don't know what you are doing...

CoinPeople.com || CoinWiki.com || NumisLinks.com
  • Options
    BikingnutBikingnut Posts: 3,369 ✭✭✭
    The link doesn't work for me. Edited, now it does.
    US Navy CWO3 retired. 12/81-09/04

Looking for PCGS AU58 Washington's, 32-63.
  • Options
    Link just won't work so I'll try it this way.
  • Options
    darktonedarktone Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭
    Very nice coin stman! I think you have a real keeper there. mike
  • Options
    Is that a present for me?image
    Bill

09/07/2006
  • Options
    Very nice coin stman! I also really like that "look". Tough to find in any date. Thanks for sharing.
    Home brew is best - Never drink alone
  • Options
    goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭
    Very sharp!

Does that rabbit dog have 3 legs? or is he holding one up and posing?image
  • Options
    I hope it has a full hand. I want a perfect strike for a MS67. I can't see it in this picture. Sorry to put a downer on this coin. I hope you got it for a good price. This one is common even in MS67.
  • Options
    Heavycopper, I have no problem you putting a "downer" on this coin.
    I also mentioned in my description about the strike. But I know what you mean about the full hand.

You say you hope I got it for a good price well, a great coin like this with original clean surfaces, not dipped out white coins I just don't find for "good" prices. This is not a ebay coin. Sometimes to me it's not all about the price, but the coin that suits my taste. Thanks for your replyimage.
  • Options

<< <i>Does that rabbit dog have 3 legs? or is he holding one up and posing?image >>

Goose3, I just finally understood your question about my Beagle. I thought it was a comment about the coin He lifts that one leg up when he sees someone coming, then starts in with that lovely tune that a hound makes.image Actually he is protecting my coins.
  • Options
    Very nice, that's a coin I'd love to own.
  • Options
    meos1meos1 Posts: 1,135
    Wonderful specimin. Looks like a nice strong strike on the lower edge of the eagles wing. Walking Liberty is a spectaculiar design. I was very happy the ASE went with her on the obverse too! You had to be bad to whip out a pocketful of Walkers on Saturday night!
    I am just throwing cheese to the rats chewing on the chains of my sanity!

First Place Winner of the 2005 Rampage design contest!
  • Options
    Very nice coin. I have a slight agreement with anyone that says a Walker in that gem state is common date and are plentiful. Technically I suppose it could be said it is a common date. But to find even a "common date" in a solid higher grade with eye appeal is not that easy. It is somewhat hard to tell on hand strike but it does appear to have good thumb seperation. Scans usually do not do a nice coin justice. But I am EXTREMELY biased as the Walker is my favorite coin. Don`t want to ruffle any feathers.
  • Options
    I tend to agree with Coinrookie - anyone who thinks a coin like this is common is out of their minds! - Beautiful specimen Stman!

Frank
  • Options
    ttt because I feel this is a great coin.
  • Options
    michaelmichael Posts: 9,524 ✭✭
    walkers like this coin with the toning and the look of a really nice original thick skinned white coin are rare! i would love to see this coin in person!

really the eye appeal is exceptional even for a common date and not so common looking like this!

here is another walker also with a thick skin that is totally original ngc 66 and a 1941-s to boot solid for the grade but the toning and thick skin and eye appeal is what sets this coin way over the majority of walkers 41-s in 66 in pcgs/ngc holders

sincerely michael
  • Options
    MrKelsoMrKelso Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭
    Beautiful.

"The silver is mine and the gold is mine,' declares the LORD GOD Almighty."
  • Options
    michaelmichael Posts: 9,524 ✭✭
    superb and looking like that a rare underapprecaited coin

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights