Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Jeff & Roosie set prices

I am looking for a complete set of Silver Roosies and a 38-64 set of Jeffs. What does everyone thing a reasonable price is for these. I am not looking for slabbed 66s, but rather a nice raw unc set.

I bought a beautiful set of raw Franklins from Dragon and thought I might do the same for these other two series, but I am looking for some expert advice on what is fair. I certainly will NOT buy from the Paul Sims and other CW full page advertisers... so that is why I am looking for a little help.
Retired United States Mint guy, now working on an Everyman Type Set.

Comments

• Options
    Deep:

You can get a set of silver roosevelts for anywhere from $120 to $200, depending on the quality of the coins - most sight unseen sets go for closer to the $120 range, with ms63/64 pieces. As for Jeffersons, I would imagine that you can get some really cheap ones and some really expensive ones - again, depending on the number of varieties, FS versus regular coins, etc. Maybe someone can help on the Jeffs.

Frank
  • Options
    PTVETTERPTVETTER Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Check with the price guide and you may be close. I think the Jefferson nickels are listed tooo cheap. Good luck in you hunt.
    I had to pay much more for a PF66 than the price guide price.

Pat Vetter,Mercury Dime registry set,1938 Proof set registry,Pat & BJ Coins:724-325-7211

• Options
    DeepCoinDeepCoin Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the info. The dilemna when buying raw is the quality. That I why I figured I would check here. I am not looking for FS Jeffs or high quality Roosies. I could easily pick up an MS66 set of Roosies, but I just dont want to go that high. MS63s would be fine.

I am sure I will find what I am looking for as there are a number of folks I trust here.
    Retired United States Mint guy, now working on an Everyman Type Set.
  • Options
    man o man i wish i could hook u up with the guy who sold me my jefferson Dansco...its a beatuy only missing proofs so I bought proofs from skyline and now its a complete book sans 71-no-s which I just bought (pr68cam) and the 2 matte proofs which I plan on buying shortly. I also have the 43/2 and 45 ddo which both are raw.

Go BIG or GO HOME. ©Bill