Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Congratulations "kieferscoins"

Congratulations Cameron on winning the ANA Outstanding Young Numismatist award. Read all about it on page 72 of the August 19th edition of Coin World.
Buy the coin...but be sure to pay for it.

Comments

• Options
    shylockshylock Posts: 4,288 ✭✭✭
    So sad to read here, as I was catching up, about Cameron. He was the forum's protege in the early years.
    He even posted his engagement on the forum. Met him in Baltimore years back when forum members met
    at a crab house. Was a bright eyed young man with the world in front of him.

Rest in peace Cam.

• Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭
    I was about ready to open a can on the OP, until I saw the thread date.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    BarryBarry Posts: 10,100 ✭✭✭
    Yeah, I was thinking this was in very poor taste, when I saw the title in the listings. You been away, Shylock?
  • Options
    keyman64keyman64 Posts: 15,456 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "If it's not fun, it's not worth it." - KeyMan64
    Looking for Top Pop Mercury Dime Varieties & High Grade Mercury Dime Toners. :smile:
  • Options
    mrearlygoldmrearlygold Posts: 17,858 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    PutTogetherPutTogether Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭
    WHAT THE HELL? I had no idea. I've been away from the forums for a bit........last I remember he was just leaving ICG to be a full time dealer. How sad, he was an incredibly nice guy.

In fact, I bought my AR Half in my 7070 from him.
  • Options
    PutTogetherPutTogether Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭
    I still think about this guy every time I see a sample slab. I had ZERO idea he'd died. Didn't he even have kids?
  • Options

<< <i>I still think about this guy every time I see a sample slab. I had ZERO idea he'd died. Didn't he even have kids? >>

click
    Wife and child
  • Options
    DRUNNERDRUNNER Posts: 3,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    JUst typed a huge response and somehow late at night it disappeared before I could post . .

Let's all be sympathetic to the ultimate end that we became aware of here on the Boards and react as compassionate and mature adults.

I will always remember the day I awoke, came downstairs, clicked on the threads, and became aware of what had happened to a man I had never met. Let's resolve to do what we can to live in his memory, do the things we wish he had done, and use the positive things from his example to better our own lives. There is nothing to be learned from negativity. Let's use these Boards, provided by our hosts, to do something better than live in a negative world.

Drunner
    6/21/11 and remembering the day I learned of this . . . .
  • Options
    melvin289melvin289 Posts: 3,019
    I never knew the boy/man but do remember he was quite "impressed" by the Olsen Twins. As well as I could tell he was thought very well of here on the Forum too. May the memory of his tragedy serve some good by reminding all that nothing is that serious. With the help of our family, our friends, and our God there is always a way out of any problem.

I once read that it is a kindness to remember the deceased. As long as they are remembered they are never really gone.

Ron
    Collect for the love of the hobby, the beauty of the coins, and enjoy the ride.
  • Options
    ldhairldhair Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cam was a good sport. We gave him a hard time in his early days here but he hung on.
    He helped a lot of people here. I'll never forget the guy.
    Larry

• Options
    pmh1nicpmh1nic Posts: 3,151 ✭✭✭✭✭
    After having been away from the forum for quite a while I saw the thread heading and read the first post not knowing what happened. When I read the statement "winning the ANA Outstanding Young Numismatist award" I'm thinking "Kieferscoins has got to be in his mid-twenties by now".

Not until I got to the second post did I look further to see that ANA announcement was from 2002 back when Cameron was a young teen make a name for himself in the hobby.

Very, very sad...prayers for his wife and daughter.
    The longer I live the more convincing proofs I see of this truth, that God governs in the affairs of men. And if a sparrow cannot fall to the ground without His notice is it possible for an empire to rise without His aid? Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    fivecentsfivecents Posts: 11,207 ✭✭✭✭✭
    RIP Cameron.image
  • Options
    RKKayRKKay Posts: 3,015 ✭✭✭
    I've been away for quite some time, so this comes as a shock to me. I don't know what transpired between Cameron and others over the past few years. However, what I do know is that he was a very talented numismatist, and the pressures that come with life can sometimes be overwhelming. RIP Cameron. My heart goes out to his family.
  • Options
    I've been away from this forum for a long while too and recently came back and was wondering about Cameron... this is really sad news. I had purchased several coins from Cam and still have them - some nice DMPL Morgans. Sad..sad...sad. image
    SNIKT!
    You are doing well, subject 15837. You are a good person.
  • Options
    SpoolySpooly Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭
    I remember Cameron turning 17..... a group of forum members "acted" like we were getting a "collection" of money together to buy him a call girl for his birthday. He was scared to answer the door for days! Good times..... sure do miss him.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum

In God We Trust.... all others pay in Gold and Silver!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file