Home Sports Talk
Options

Red Sox acquisitions in off season signings. The booing has begun.

MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,615 ✭✭✭✭✭

Uninspiring.

Breslow and Kennedy were recently heavily booed at an event. Follow that with a comment by Tom Werner, that Breslow was following established "parameters", tells me Breslow is just another puppet on a string. Much like Cora (the cheater), he to talks the talk, but has little authority other than to plow through the next 162 games of 2024. He looks more like a mannequin in the dugout than an engaged manager.

I think when they traded Mookie, the wheels started to come off. When Bogaerts was traded, it really put a dent in things, even Devers is concerned. I think the powers to be within the Red Sox organization are more interested in soccer, racing, golf and whatever else they come up with. Having Ortiz and Martinez as "special assistants" is laughable, they just want to trot them out from time to time and listen to the fans cheer like lemmings just to see them. What could Ortiz or Martinez offer other than that?

The Red Sox are just the owner's cash cow to feed other more desirous business adventures. Sadly, Red Sox Nation must endure dismal signings and hope for a decent season.

MARK TODAY!!! I think the season is already lost!! February 23, 2024

Read for yourself.

https://www.bostonsportsjournal.com/2024/01/21/mlb-notebook--coolbaugh-tom-werner-sam-kennedy-spin-red-soxs-full-throttle-lie-unpacking-winter-weekend--more

Comments

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,503 ✭✭✭✭✭

Henry has zero interest in this team anymore, it's just another business that isn't losing money so he doesn't care

Sox fans this is what it is

• Options
    Basebal21Basebal21 Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭✭

Snell, Bellinger, Chapman and Montgomery all remained unsigned. Bauer also remains unsigned even though he has stated he will play for league minimum with incentives. If no one ends up signing Bauer Its pretty safe to say that hes being blackballed for being critical of the league rule changes and Manfred

• Options
    tommyrusty7tommyrusty7 Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭✭

I think Bauer would be a great addition to the Red Sox as they don't want to pay the price that the others want. What have they got to lose as they probably won't be going far without someone who can pitch like an ace.

• Options
    Basebal21Basebal21 Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭✭

Every team in the league would significantly improve by adding Bauer especially on an incentive based contract. He should have been an automatic pickup last year when he would have been league minimum and now again for teams like Boston that really need starting pitching