Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

****** 2023 AMERICAN EAGLE SILVER 1oz PROOF COIN (S) & (W) OFFICIAL THREAD ******

JsmiithJsmiith Posts: 14
edited July 13, 2023 5:40PM in U.S. Coin Forum

Hiya All,

I'm new to numismatics and was looking through the Mint website this morning and noticed that subscriptions have opened back up. Is it worth buying the newer ASE's, or should I stay focused on the older ones?

I've had really good luck finding different coins and even older coin books in the local pawn shops :smile:

Thanks All!

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Jsmiith ... Welcome aboard. If you are building a set of ASE's, then you should get the new one's. Sometimes they are cheaper on the secondary market later on. Good idea to buy coin books. Be careful with buying coins.... Learn to grade or buy slabbed coins if you are spending a lot of money. Good luck, Cheers, RickO

• Options
    124Spider124Spider Posts: 848 ✭✭✭✭✭

I subscribe, but only because I think the coins are gorgeous. I doubt very much buying them is a particularly good investment.

My advice would be to buy them if you like them as a collectible, but that there are better "investments" even within coin collecting.

• Options
    erscoloerscolo Posts: 503 ✭✭✭✭✭

The coins are beautiful, and I was able to change my enrollment counts yesterday since the enrollments opened back up. I now have two San Francisco proofs, two West Point uncirculated and one West Point proof on subscription for 2023.

• Options
    HoneyMarketHoneyMarket Posts: 804 ✭✭✭✭

Is there a thread dedicated to the 2023 ASE Proofs - or specific 2023 ASE proofs?

I believe the first one up in 2023 is the 2023 American Eagle 2023 One Ounce Silver Proof Coin - (WEST POINT (W) - 23EA) on sale Feb 28, @ noon EST.

It looks like one can set up a subscription for 25 right now ??

BST references available on request

• Options
    MetroDMetroD Posts: 1,938 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 14, 2023 12:12PM

@HoneyMarket said:
    Is there a thread dedicated to the 2023 ASE Proofs - or specific 2023 ASE proofs?

I believe the first one up in 2023 is the 2023 American Eagle 2023 One Ounce Silver Proof Coin - (WEST POINT (W) - 23EA) on sale Feb 28, @ noon EST.

Do not know about an "official" thread.

Agree on the first ASE release, directly from the Mint, for 2023. FWIW, it is the same day as 23RF (i.e., traditionally, the same coin in different packaging).

Also agree on the current enrollment limit of 25.

Source: https://catalog.usmint.gov/american-eagle-silver-one-ounce-proof-coin-subscription-MN.html

• Options

I originally had 100 selected in my QTY - maybe that was a leftover from last year or when I originally signed up for the subscription?? I don't exactly recall.

But, I don't think 100 is going to fly... I'm guessing by launch day, I will have to lower the amount to 25.

Maybe @Jsmiith will come back to the thread and rename this thread:

**** 2023 AMERICAN EAGLE SILVER 1oz PROOF COIN (S) & (W) OFFICIAL THREAD ****

so this particular release/topic does not get mixed in with the other 2023 Proof releases.

• Options

@HoneyMarket said:

Looks like the sale date, of the first of two American Eagle 2023 One Ounce Silver Proof Coins, has been moved a few days forward to: Mar 2nd, @ noon EST.

• Options
    Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,651 ✭✭✭✭✭

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file