mm

jclovescoinsjclovescoins Posts: 1,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 29, 2022 2:43PM in Buy, Sell & Trade - Currency

m

Comments

• jclovescoinsjclovescoins Posts: 1,850 ✭✭✭✭✭

No one wants these??? It’s only about 5% over face value

• thefinnthefinn Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭✭✭

Condition is the issue. Used notes like this can be deposited into a bank account. The younger people might think these are counterfeit though.

thefinn

@thefinn said:
    Condition is the issue. Used notes like this can be deposited into a bank account. The younger people might think these are counterfeit though.

They’re mainly 1934 and definitely real. So I don’t agree with your assessment. Almost 100 years old soon 🙂

• thefinnthefinn Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jclovescoins said:

@thefinn said:

They’re mainly 1934 and definitely real. So I don’t agree with your assessment. Almost 100 years old soon 🙂

I was with my sister in Mexico 30+ years ago and she tried to exchange a $100 bill for pesos. They told her the 1934 note she had was counterfeit. She turned to me to ask about it and I told her that because it didn't have "In God We Trust" on it and the front was printed with darker ink and the reverse with lighter green they wouldn't take it.
    She asked me if it was worth keeping, and I told her no, not in circulated condition. And even unc. it was only worth $10 more.
    The young people working in the banks now are not as sharp, so what do you think they will say? I show them a Kennedy half dollar and they ask me if it's one of the new dollar coins.

Good luck

thefinn

@thefinn said:

@jclovescoins said:

@thefinn said:

I was with my sister in Mexico 30+ years ago and she tried to exchange a $100 bill for pesos. They told her the 1934 note she had was counterfeit. She turned to me to ask about it and I told her that because it didn't have "In God We Trust" on it and the front was printed with darker ink and the reverse with lighter green they wouldn't take it.
    She asked me if it was worth keeping, and I told her no, not in circulated condition. And even unc. it was only worth $10 more.
    The young people working in the banks now are not as sharp, so what do you think they will say? I show them a Kennedy half dollar and they ask me if it's one of the new dollar coins.

Good luck

Yeah, I get what you’re saying but it’s irrelevant as to value. Most people wouldn’t recognize an ASE for its current value ($35), but that doesn’t make it worth only face value ($1) or worthless.