Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Official Whines Thread about coins for sale, and ads for coins

FrazFraz Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭✭✭

I notice that the posts that comment on the inanity of coin prices and poor descriptive text appear in random threads.
The “whines” and your responses would range from comedy to informative. I urge you guys to post the absurdities we see in the field in this thread.
I start with this ad from eBay, (and I hope that there are other places that offer an apt contribution.) The eBay offer that I start with has everything wrong: poor photo, confused title case, and the rest is fabrication, if not outright lies. Maybe there is a close AM 1965; I rightly don’t know. So, when someone laughs about a close AM dime, I learn and don’t create a thread down the road asking about AM dimes.
I’ve lurked for months, and I know that the collective brilliance of this forum can compile a great read.
Thanks, Craig.

Comments

• Options
    Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,651 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 26, 2022 6:43AM

Welcome. Glad you have been reading and getting a rough idea of how things roll around here. I think it’s just a circulated dime.
    Keep asking questions 😉🙀🦫

Post mint damage

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• Options

Thanks, I was not asking about the coin, it is an invitation to laugh, comment, moan. (I suspected that the close AM was bogus.)
    Maybe I’m naive, but this is a hoot. The title is all but semiliterate, the word “rare” cracks me up, and that description.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

:D The only part that is correct is that it is a Roosevelt dime... Cheers, RickO

• Options
    erscoloerscolo Posts: 493 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have gone to get some cheese for myself. I can not keep up with all the whine supplied on this forum.

• Options

You guys who have been here for years have seen too much of this stuff.

• Options
    MarkKelleyMarkKelley Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭✭✭

Where do I start?

• Options
    WQuarterFreddieWQuarterFreddie Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭✭✭

Pass.....

• Options

I fell asleep watching Cowboys and Aliens. Mike Mezak’s show came on next. CAA is better than the MM anthology because in the end we know who is sucking up all the precious metals. MM leaves the plot hanging.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file