Home› U.S. Coin Forum

Can I display slightly abstract coin art without tempting potential robbers🤔

Mr_SpudMr_Spud Posts: 4,357 ✭✭✭✭✭

I ordered this aluminized coin art I made out of one on my coin art photos. Will I be able to display this without tipping off potential robbers that I collect coins?

Mr_Spud

Comments

• jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 31,618 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes. And no.

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Should be fine... It is really nice and would be a shame to hide it. Put in layered security and stop worrying. Cheers, RickO

• ShaunBC5ShaunBC5 Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭✭✭

How many robbers come into your house waiting to be tipped off in regard to things to steal?
    If they’re potential robbers, what are they doing in your house? If they’re already robbing you, they’re already planning on taking all your stuff.
    I say display it and enjoy it. It looks more like art than a tip off of a coin collection, anyway.

• emeraldATVemeraldATV Posts: 3,966 ✭✭✭✭✭

Alexa ?
    Open Spunky's cage.
    Something's about to smell rotten with a touch of a ultra violet skunk.

• Mr_SpudMr_Spud Posts: 4,357 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the responses. I actually got this several months ago, but ended up hiding it in a box because our landlord we rent a house from remodeled our house and had all our windows replaced and put in whole house air conditioning. Even though all of my most valuable coins are in safety deposit boxes, I was worried that one of the many workers doing the remodeling might think we had a bunch of valuable coins in the house and target us. But now that most of the remodeling is done, for a while at least, I wanted to display it.

Mr_Spud

• tokenprotokenpro Posts: 846 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congratulations - you are thinking ahead of the game. That scenario of a home improvement job resulting in a later burglary by workers is exactly what happened to an inland Southern California dealer a few years back. That one had a better than could be expected ending with the eventual recovery of much of the material at a major SoCal coin show but your concerns (without getting overly paranoid) are valid.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file