Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

D&A jumps into the water - Wrapped cases and boxes

ndleondleo Posts: 4,075 ✭✭✭✭✭

This is probably step 1 for D&A. With modern cases costing well into 4-5 digits, this is a worthwhile service.

https://www.dacardworld.com/fresh/

Mike

Comments

• CardGeekCardGeek Posts: 399 ✭✭✭

Is D&As seal of approval better than the manufacturers?

• FirstBeardFirstBeard Posts: 466 ✭✭✭

The "behind the scenes look" is a cool idea. I do think the sticker looks oversized, especially on a smaller modern box with graphics on the back that you may want to be able to see.

• gorilla glue 4gorilla glue 4 Posts: 119 ✭✭✭

Fact - Not Opinion!

I like it. Let the "Case Fresh" vs "FASC" debate begin.

• ndleondleo Posts: 4,075 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CardGeek said:

In the secondary market, it will make a difference. BBCE wraps cases already so the market believes 3rd party authentication is worth the cost.

Mike
  • brad31brad31 Posts: 2,557 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would think D&A must have it on pretty good authority that they will be getting cards straight from the manufacturer still in the Fanatics world to begin this program now.

• KendallCatKendallCat Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very neat concept with how they enclose them and the QR code with video of your box/case being wrapped.

• GoDodgersFanGoDodgersFan Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭

Absolutely a good idea and they are a big player in selling boxes. Adding the acrylic display case is right on point and something missing in the hobby. It doesn't say size, but I suspect it will fit most modern boxes.

Case Fresh

Fact - Not Opinion!

Case Fresh is a box of cards pulled directly from a sealed case that came to Dave & Adam’s directly from the manufacturer. It is removed, placed into an acrylic display case, and closed with tamper-proof security stickers. It is wrapped with Dave & Adam’s Case Fresh wrap, and a QR code security label is applied to the wrap. Each QR code security label will have information about the product and a link to a video of the entire process.

• daltexdaltex Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ndleo said:

@CardGeek said:

In the secondary market, it will make a difference. BBCE wraps cases already so the market believes 3rd party authentication is worth the cost.

I thought BBCE didn't do that any longer, only certifying that boxes are FASC if they are delivered a sealed case to wrap them.

• grote15grote15 Posts: 29,519 ✭✭✭✭✭

@daltex said:

@ndleo said:

@CardGeek said:

I thought BBCE didn't do that any longer, only certifying that boxes are FASC if they are delivered a sealed case to wrap them.

They wont wrap sealed cases but they will open the case and wrap each box within the case as FASC.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • daltexdaltex Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭✭✭

@grote15 said:

@daltex said:

@ndleo said:

@CardGeek said:

They wont wrap sealed cases but they will open the case and wrap each box within the case as FASC.

Yes, that is what I was trying to say.