Home U.S. Coin Forum

Guess the grades: two circulated 1921-S WLHs COINS A & B REVEALED!

Steve27Steve27 Posts: 13,267 ✭✭✭
edited November 30, 2021 4:20AM in U.S. Coin Forum

Coin A:

Coin B:

"It's far easier to fight for principles, than to live up to them." Adlai Stevenson

Comments

• MrBlusterMrBluster Posts: 320 ✭✭✭

I’ll play 1st one F12 2nd one VG8

• coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,721 ✭✭✭✭✭

Coin B is an 8

Coin A is a 10 with about a 35% -45% shot at 12

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• ThreeCentSilverFLThreeCentSilverFL Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think that coin A is a VG10 and that coin B is a VG08.

• Mr_SpudMr_Spud Posts: 4,354 ✭✭✭✭✭

12 for both was my first impression

Mr_Spud

• jughead1893jughead1893 Posts: 966 ✭✭✭✭✭

10 and 8 for me

• amwldcoinamwldcoin Posts: 11,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

another 10 and 8!

• BarberianBarberian Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭✭✭

10 and 8

3 rim nicks away from Good
  • jdimmickjdimmick Posts: 9,583 ✭✭✭✭✭

Vg10 & vg8

• privatecoinprivatecoin Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭✭✭

12 and 8

Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value. Zero. Voltaire. Ebay coinbowlllc

• RampageRampage Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭✭

@Steve27

Coin A is absolutely beautiful. My first guess was a 12 for that and a 10 for Coin B.

• nwcoastnwcoast Posts: 2,826 ✭✭✭✭✭

12 and 8 here too

Happy, humble, honored and proud recipient of the “You Suck” award 10/22/2014

• fluffy155fluffy155 Posts: 227 ✭✭✭✭

VG10 and Good Details.

• lkeneficlkenefic Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like coin A... VG10

Coin B... G6 details, scratched

Collecting: Dansco 7070; Middle Date Large Cents (VF-AU); Box of 20;

Successful BST transactions with: SilverEagles92; Ahrensdad; Smitty; GregHansen; Lablade; Mercury10c; copperflopper; whatsup; KISHU1; scrapman1077, crispy, canadanz, smallchange, robkool, Mission16, ranshdow, ibzman350, Fallguy, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, jwitten, Walkerguy21D, dsessom.
  • CryptoCrypto Posts: 3,368 ✭✭✭✭✭

Fine 12 and choice
    fine 12 and not so choice, a nice Vg10

• metalmeistermetalmeister Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭✭✭

10 and 8 camp. Key date tough coin!

email: ccacollectibles@yahoo.com

100% Positive BST transactions
  • Walkerguy21DWalkerguy21D Posts: 11,114 ✭✭✭✭✭

F12 and VG8, respectively.

Successful BST transactions with 170 members. Recent: Tonedeaf, Shane6596, Piano1, Ikenefic, RG, PCGSPhoto, stman, Don'tTelltheWife, Boosibri, Ron1968, snowequities, VTchaser, jrt103, SurfinxHI, 78saen, bp777, FHC, RYK, JTHawaii, Opportunity, Kliao, bigtime36, skanderbeg, split37, thebigeng, acloco, Toninginthblood, OKCC, braddick, Coinflip, robcool, fastfreddie, tightbudget, DBSTrader2, nickelsciolist, relaxn, Eagle eye, soldi, silverman68, ElKevvo, sawyerjosh, Schmitz7, talkingwalnut2, konsole, sharkman987, sniocsu, comma, jesbroken, David1234, biosolar, Sullykerry, Moldnut, erwindoc, MichaelDixon, GotTheBug
  • gumby1234gumby1234 Posts: 5,404 ✭✭✭✭✭

Coin A VG10 coin B G6

Successful BST with ad4400, Kccoin, lablover, pointfivezero, koynekwest, jwitten, coin22lover, HalfDimeDude, erwindoc, jyzskowsi, COINS MAKE CENTS, AlanSki, BryceM

• 291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,898 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm in the F12 and VG8 group.

All glory is fleeting.
  • WalkerfanWalkerfan Posts: 8,897 ✭✭✭✭✭

VG10 & G06.

“I may not believe in myself but I believe in what I’m doing” ~Jimmy Page~

My Full Walker Registry Set (1916-1947)

https://www.ngccoin.com/registry/competitive-sets/16292/

• jesbrokenjesbroken Posts: 9,152 ✭✭✭✭✭

F12 and VG8 also.
    Jim

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest....Abraham Lincoln

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.....Mark Twain
  • Steve27Steve27 Posts: 13,267 ✭✭✭

Here's coin B (yes it's a VG10 CAC); anyone want to change their guess for coin A?

"It's far easier to fight for principles, than to live up to them." Adlai Stevenson

My grade opinions (F12 and VG8) remain unchanged. Grading is an opinion and it looks like most of those on this forum who participated are more conservative graders. I like to see that! I wish stickers would go away completely.

All glory is fleeting.

** My grade opinions (F12 and VG8) remain unchanged.**
    Same here. The B coin is just a little too slick, and the rims not quite strong enough, to warrant VG10 in my mind. Of course we’re splitting hairs here, and my opinion means little.

Successful BST transactions with 170 members. Recent: Tonedeaf, Shane6596, Piano1, Ikenefic, RG, PCGSPhoto, stman, Don'tTelltheWife, Boosibri, Ron1968, snowequities, VTchaser, jrt103, SurfinxHI, 78saen, bp777, FHC, RYK, JTHawaii, Opportunity, Kliao, bigtime36, skanderbeg, split37, thebigeng, acloco, Toninginthblood, OKCC, braddick, Coinflip, robcool, fastfreddie, tightbudget, DBSTrader2, nickelsciolist, relaxn, Eagle eye, soldi, silverman68, ElKevvo, sawyerjosh, Schmitz7, talkingwalnut2, konsole, sharkman987, sniocsu, comma, jesbroken, David1234, biosolar, Sullykerry, Moldnut, erwindoc, MichaelDixon, GotTheBug
  • I guessed VG8 and G6. I have much to learn regarding this series.

Young Numismatist

• Steve27Steve27 Posts: 13,267 ✭✭✭

Here's coin A (Note both coins were imaged under the same conditions using the same camera. Coin A has not been submitted to CAC)

• coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,721 ✭✭✭✭✭

Love the Stevenson quote...

Coin A and B are simply not equal... not to be any more difficult than usual.

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,765 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice ones!

Given everything, B should be a lock for a gold bean then …. But I wouldn’t bet on it.
    I’d buy B in a heartbeat for VG10 money as is. I wouldn’t buy A even with the sticker.

Actually I wouldn’t be in the market for either, as the 21S is pretty common below Vf. But I understand there’s a market for them in plastic with stickers for those that need this.

Walking Liberty Halves in those grades belong in nice album sets, not slabs. (My OPINION)

All glory is fleeting.
  • lkeneficlkenefic Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭✭✭

BOTH are 10's? wow... I never would have guessed that. I said VG10 on coin A (in the OP) but wouldn't have been shocked to see it in a F12 holder... the second coin? IDK... what is that on the Eagles' breast? I don't think anyone else mentioned it but it's obviously market acceptable, and then some! Thanks for sharing...

Collecting: Dansco 7070; Middle Date Large Cents (VF-AU); Box of 20;

Successful BST transactions with: SilverEagles92; Ahrensdad; Smitty; GregHansen; Lablade; Mercury10c; copperflopper; whatsup; KISHU1; scrapman1077, crispy, canadanz, smallchange, robkool, Mission16, ranshdow, ibzman350, Fallguy, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, jwitten, Walkerguy21D, dsessom.
  • privatecoinprivatecoin Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭✭✭

@291fifth said:
    Walking Liberty Halves in those grades belong in nice album sets, not slabs. (My OPINION)

Some of us are happy to own a FR2 in slab. I'd sure love a 66, but a lot of us can't afford that.

Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value. Zero. Voltaire. Ebay coinbowlllc

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file