Home U.S. Coin Forum

Crossover TVs Arrived- CAC update!

FloridafacelifterFloridafacelifter Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 29, 2021 10:58AM in U.S. Coin Forum

I’ve been slowly transitioning my collection from NGC to PCGS over the last few years and dropped off 7 coins for crossover at the July FUN show and all the TVs are finally in!
MS66BN

MS66+RB

PR68+DCAM

PR67+

PR68CAM

PR68CAM

PR68

Comments

• LanceNewmanOCCLanceNewmanOCC Posts: 19,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

it is wonderful to be able to intimately enjoy coins of this quality and gratz on your crossovers. B)

<--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

• bolivarshagnastybolivarshagnasty Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great looking group of coins. Looks like they did a nice job on the TV’s as well.

• KliaoKliao Posts: 5,445 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow!

Young Numismatist/collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

• AercusAercus Posts: 381 ✭✭✭✭

That barber quarter! Wow!

Aercus Numismatics - Certified coins for sale

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Those are very, very nice coins. Congratulations on the crossovers....All crossed at expected grades?? Cheers, RickO

• MgarmyMgarmy Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 25, 2021 7:45AM

That is a high end buffet of beautiful coins

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

• moursundmoursund Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Mgarmy said:
    That is a high end buffet of beautiful coins

Too high end for me, for sure. Maybe a buffet for Warren Buffett...

Great coins!

100th pint of blood donated 7/19/2022 B) . Transactions with WilliamF, Relaxn, LukeMarshal, jclovescoins, braddick, JWP, Weather11am, Fairlaneman, Dscoins, lordmarcovan, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, JimW. God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that who so believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life.
  • messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,640 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great coins! Nice that the proof WLH is fully detailed and not from an overpolished die.

• WAYNEASWAYNEAS Posts: 6,314 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Floridafacelifter said:
    I’ve been slowly transitioning my collection from NGC to PCGS over the last few years and dropped off 7 coins for crossover at the July FUN show and all the TVs are finally in!

I might have missed this but did any of the crossovers grade higher or did the grades stay the same?
    Thanks.
    Wayne

Kennedys are my quest...

• JJMJJM Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice stuff!

👍BST's erickso1,cone10,MICHAELDIXON,TennesseeDave,p8nt,jmdm1194,RWW,robkool,Ahrensdad,Timbuk3,Downtown1974,bigjpst,mustanggt,Yorkshireman,idratherbgardening,SurfinxHI,derryb,masscrew,Walkerguy21D,MJ1927,sniocsu,Coll3tor,doubleeagle07,luciobar1980,PerryHall,SNMAM,mbcoin,liefgold,keyman64,maprince230,TorinoCobra71,RB1026,Weiss,LukeMarshall,Wingsrule,Silveryfire, pointfivezero,IKE1964,AL410, Tdec1000, AnkurJ,guitarwes,Type2,Bp777,jfoot113,JWP,mattniss,dantheman984,jclovescoins,Collectorcoins,Weather11am,Namvet69,kansasman,Bruce7789,ADG,Larrob37
  • DCWDCW Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭✭✭

Really nice coins and images! Congrats

Dead Cat Waltz Exonumia
    "Coin collecting for outcasts..."

• pursuitoflibertypursuitofliberty Posts: 6,558 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sometimes my first thoughts are the most succinct ...

"Oh hell, bad ass," floated through my mind before I even made it past the first three.

“We are only their care-takers,” he posed, “if we take good care of them, then centuries from now they may still be here … ”

Todd - BHNC #242
  • TomBTomB Posts: 20,689 ✭✭✭✭✭

Holy Cow! Nice group of coins.

Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

• YorkshiremanYorkshireman Posts: 4,493 ✭✭✭✭✭

I absolutely love the proof Walking Liberty!

Yorkshireman,Obsessed collector of round, metallic pieces of history.Hunting for Latin American colonial portraits plus cool US & British coins.
  • WAYNEASWAYNEAS Posts: 6,314 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Floridafacelifter said:

@WAYNEAS said:

@Floridafacelifter said:

I might have missed this but did any of the crossovers grade higher or did the grades stay the same?
    Thanks.
    Wayne

Thanks everyone! All crossed at the same grades or a half point lower- I sort of figured that would happen- but willing to accept it- I submitted them with “cross at any grade” instructions

Thanks for your reply.
    Wayne

Kennedys are my quest...

• Inspired70Inspired70 Posts: 498 ✭✭✭✭✭

Those are awesome! Love the large cents!

• bearcavebearcave Posts: 3,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 25, 2021 12:56PM

TV = true view.
    @HashTag

Ken
  • SmudgeSmudge Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice group of high end coins.

• ThreeCentSilverFLThreeCentSilverFL Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice!

• SkyManSkyMan Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭✭✭

That Barber quarter is amazing.

• goldengolden Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭✭✭

Beautiful coins.

• CoinJunkieCoinJunkie Posts: 8,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

They're all gorgeous! Congrats on the crossovers.

• BarberianBarberian Posts: 2,977 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 25, 2021 11:31PM

I submitted my coins at the same time at Summer FUN as you did yours yet they're still in the "Grading" stage. It's encouraging that you now have grades and TVs for your submission. They must be swamped with coins at the moment. I also have two coins being attributed...well, actually one coin (1874-S 50C WB-4, R8) but the second (1874-S 50C WB-3, R3) was submitted so they don't screw up in attributing the first coin.

Fingers crossed...any day now...

3 rim nicks away from Good
  • ZoinsZoins Posts: 33,811 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great looking coins! Congrats on the beautiful coins and TrueViews.

How long is the slow transition taking?

• johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,409 ✭✭✭✭✭

That's a nice group of coin

• OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭✭✭

Beautiful....such details.....superb!

• FloridafacelifterFloridafacelifter Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Zoins said:

Thank you- it’s been about three years now and I’m more or less at the 50-50 mark NGC-PCGS

• drddmdrddm Posts: 5,299 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congratulations….beautiful coins!

Dave

• cameonut2011cameonut2011 Posts: 10,060 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very nice. Congratulations on the grades and owning such beautiful coins. Did all of them cross at grade or did the grades change?

@cameonut2011 said:
    Very nice. Congratulations on the grades and owning such beautiful coins. Did all of them cross at grade or did the grades change?

Thank you- some came down half a point others crossed straight

• astroratastrorat Posts: 9,221 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice!

Numismatist Ordinaire
    See http://www.doubledimes.com for a free online reference for US twenty-cent pieces
  • GiveMeProofGiveMeProof Posts: 563 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 27, 2021 11:53PM

Jaw dropping coins. That Barber is friggin' insane. Congrats!

• NotSureNotSure Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭

That Barber is a BEAUTY!!! With ALL those being so nice, yet some dropping in grade, I've got to ask.....which coins downgraded, if you don't mind my asking?

I'll come up with something.

@NotSure said:
    That Barber is a BEAUTY!!! With ALL those being so nice, yet some dropping in grade, I've got to ask.....which coins downgraded, if you don't mind my asking?

The “+” coins all came down half a point- but even with the quarter coming down from an NGC 69DCAM, the PCGS price guide for 68+DCAM is still higher than what I paid so all good!

• @HashTag said:
    Ok I got the Florida part but what’s the rest of the address? Do worry it’s a joke. I only want that Barber Quarter!
    Now here’s were y’all can chuckle. What’s a TV 📺 ?

PCGS has a new television grading service.

Young Numismatist

• ashelandasheland Posts: 22,612 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great coins. I love the large cents!

• 1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

Beautiful :)

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• PhilLynottPhilLynott Posts: 880 ✭✭✭✭✭

Love that 1851 1C especially! Hard to beat large cent luster bombs they packs so much eye appeal punch for what you can buy them for.

• ElmerFusterpuckElmerFusterpuck Posts: 4,615 ✭✭✭✭✭

You definitely have a good eye for nice coins! Congrats!

edited October 29, 2021 11:02AM

CAC update- 6 submitted to CAC and all 6 earned a green bean! (Kennedy didn’t make the trip)

• GoBustGoBust Posts: 582 ✭✭✭✭✭

That's terrific! Congratulations for your great eye.

• pmh1nicpmh1nic Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭✭✭

Beautiful coins and congratulations on getting them crossed. Love the frosty Barber and Franklins Thanks for sharing.

The longer I live the more convincing proofs I see of this truth, that God governs in the affairs of men. And if a sparrow cannot fall to the ground without His notice is it possible for an empire to rise without His aid? Benjamin Franklin
  • @Floridafacelifter said:
    CAC update- 6 submitted to CAC and all 6 earned a green bean! (Kennedy didn’t make the trip)

It got lost in the mail?

Young Numismatist

• ElcontadorElcontador Posts: 7,412 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Floridafacelifter said:

@Zoins said:

Thank you- it’s been about three years now and I’m more or less at the 50-50 mark NGC-PCGS

Many years ago, I looked at quite a few Braided Hair Large and Half Cents in MS 64 and MS 65. It was my opinion that NGC was about 1/2 point looser on these coins at these grades. A top of the grade coin in an NGC holder should cross at same grade (not sure re MS 66).

I have personally never been able to cross an NGC coin at same grade with PCGS in MS 66, so I gave up trying. Nice set of coins.

"Vou invadir o Nordeste,
    "Seu cabra da peste,
    "Sou Mangueira......."

@hummingbird_coins said:

@Floridafacelifter said:

It got lost in the mail?

CAC doesn’t sticker Kennedy’s (to my knowledge)

• scotty4449scotty4449 Posts: 684 ✭✭✭✭✭

Definitely coins worthy of the bean!

• JimTylerJimTyler Posts: 3,032 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 29, 2021 2:22PM

What were the NGC grades ? Never mind you already answered. I should read first.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file