DELETE

PillarDollarCollectorPillarDollarCollector Posts: 4,794 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 22, 2022 3:40PM in World & Ancient Coins Forum

Coin collecting interests: Latin America

Sports: NFL & NHL

Comments

• Options
    WCCWCC Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭✭✭

I used to buy ANACS coins in the old small holders. I've read of many others who did or will do likewise. Not many of those left.

I have seen many Mexico 8R in the newer holders on eBay if this what you have in mind. Most are "details" coins but I wouldn't assume those not labeled would cross if that's what you are thinking. I have never heard any concerns expressed on problems with fake coins in their holders, to my recollection.

By the way, Heritage has a 1733 8R up for sale if you are still looking for one.

• Options
    edited August 26, 2021 1:19PM

@WCC said:
    I used to buy ANACS coins in the old small holders. I've read of many others who did or will do likewise. Not many of those left.

I have seen many Mexico 8R in the newer holders on eBay if this what you have in mind. Most are "details" coins but I wouldn't assume those not labeled would cross if that's what you are thinking. I have never heard any concerns expressed on problems with fake coins in their holders, to my recollection.

By the way, Heritage has a 1733 8R up for sale if you are still looking for one.

Thanks yes keeping the 1733 8R in my save list will bid on it but if I locate one before then I will pass on it. I have my max bid in mind and will not pass it not even by 1$ I stick with my max. If I lose it then so be it will wait for another just have to have patience I am learning when collecting Mexican or South American coins. The 1733 is simply not rare enough for me to surpass my max bid.

I have reached out to a few dealers that are looking for a 1732 and 1733 8 reales for me in authentic grade (NGC or PCGS for the 1732 and NGC only for the 1733). If they locate one I will buy it from them if not then wait for auctions.

I had to prove to them I could afford them I did so and they will contact me if they find either one of them or both. First time I ever had to do that in my entire life but I am OK with it I understand they have people that waste their time.

• Options
    wybritwybrit Posts: 6,953 ✭✭✭

There's nothing necessarily wrong with ANACS coins. I've cracked out many an ANACS graded piece only to see it upgrade in another TPG slab - in some cases by up to 3 grading levels (eg 62 -->65). That doesn't mean others will see the same outcome, but in my case I have been fortunate.

Former owner, Cambridge Gate collection.
  • Options
    1984worldcoins1984worldcoins Posts: 596 ✭✭✭✭✭

If I am interested in the coin, I will buy it, like I did with this one ( the slab is slightly damaged):

Coinsof1984@martinb6830 on twitter

• Options

I will buy some if I think it may be my only chance to land certain coins. If they bother me simply send them off to NGC.