Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Set register top 1000

I have been collecting for only a short time. I see that I am in the Top 1000 of 44kish collecting. Lately when I check in I have been dropping. I have communicated on other sets hoping for a point or 2 to make some movement but must not understand points scales and rewards. I know it's just a number but makes me feel important.
Thanks

Comments

• Options
    TomBTomB Posts: 20,737 ✭✭✭✭✭

I believe you are writing about the "My Medals" portion of the PCGS registry.

PCGS gives out something like 49-different virtual medals to folks when they do some already defined task on the PCGS registry. This might be as little as starting a registry set from a certain country or making a comment on someone's collection. Each of these virtual medals is associated with a specific number of points that you earn when you do or complete the task. The sum total of these points is your overall registry standing.

You rank somewhere around 1,000 for these points from the 44,000 or so set registry members. It really has nothing (or very little) to do with coins, but rather everything to do with following the prescribed tasks set out by PCGS. Your rank is dropping a little because other folks are also earning virtual medals and are passing you with their points.

Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson