Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

2000 P and D Sacagawea gift coins from Principle financial group.

Hi everyone. I have two Sacagawea coins 2000 P & D . They were given to investors with the Principle financial group. Not cheerios tailfeathers though. Anybody Know?

Comments

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,203 ✭✭✭✭✭

What does the presentation packaging look like? Got a pic?

Never heard of the set before

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Coincrusader.... Welcome aboard. Pictures will help us help you. Sounds like a promotional device and likely no numismatic premium. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    CoinHoarderCoinHoarder Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options

Here's the Sacagawea promos from Principle financial group.

This probably wont work.

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,755 ✭✭✭✭✭

Promotional novelties.

They have no real numismatic value but might be of a little interest as novelties related to the small dollar.

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,203 ✭✭✭✭✭

you may have to find someone from principal to buy it today.

maybe in a number of decades the promo item will have some interest from collectors.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,938 ✭✭✭✭✭

They probably aren't very valuable but there are collectors who like promotional items like that.

All glory is fleeting.
  • Options

I thank you all for the responses! I'm calling Principal to see how many they put out there.

• Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,896 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would check the reverse of the 2000-P for a "Wounded Eagle".

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options

here's the follow up from Principal financial about the promo Sacagawea coin. They have nothing on record about it. Liars!

• Options
    olympicsosolympicsos Posts: 697 ✭✭✭✭

spend it...

• Options
    CoinHoarderCoinHoarder Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 20, 2021 8:04AM

Nice snap lock case. But no additional value for the packaging. Currently worth $1. Extremely common, high mintage coin. Stash it away as a memento of the new Millenium.

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,755 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Coincrusader said:
    here's the follow up from Principal financial about the promo Sacagawea coin. They have nothing on record about it. Liars!

I can actually believe that answer. This was probably the brainchild of someone there and they were not the ones who answered your inquiry.

It does/will have since small value as a memento of the Sacagewea roll out. You can see more promotional stuff at www.smalldollars.com.

• Options
    ndeaglesndeagles Posts: 309 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 21, 2021 7:10AM

I had the same case but the Sac was 2004. I also was living a few blocks from principal headquarters when they were giving these out. They gave them out at promotional events in Des Moines.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file