Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

Type of patina or color in this 8 Reales it is normal?

Anyone have seen this patina or color, it is normal or common?

Thanks,

Comments

• bronzematbronzemat Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's fake, sorry.

• SYRACUSIANSYRACUSIAN Posts: 6,445 ✭✭✭✭

@bronzemat said:
    It's fake, sorry.

Because of the color (that depends a lot on the lightning, I’ve seen dozens of silver coins imaged in a way that they look like gold) or did you spot something else? Excuse my ignorance on these specific coins.

Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3
  • ELuisELuis Posts: 810 ✭✭✭✭

@bronzemat said:
    It's fake, sorry.

To me it is the first time, I see this patina or color (that's why the question), saw this on a Barcelona, Spain numismatic site, while searching for these type of coins (8R).

Thanks!

@SYRACUSIAN said:

@bronzemat said:
    It's fake, sorry.

Because of the color (that depends a lot on the lightning, I’ve seen dozens of silver coins imaged in a way that they look like gold) or did you spot something else? Excuse my ignorance on these specific coins.

Thank you, I have seen the gold coloring patina on these coins, first time for kind of an orange color, I will ask for more info to them, just to double check.

• Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,624 ✭✭✭✭✭

An edge image is also important. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52

• realeswatcherrealeswatcher Posts: 354 ✭✭✭

Something very unnatural was done to that...

@realeswatcher said:
    Something very unnatural was done to that...

Here are two more (not the same coin type, but same patina):

Interesting...

• LancekLancek Posts: 19 ✭✭

Not good at spotting fakes. But at first glance something just seemed off. And it wasn't just the color. Pulled up a lot of pics of others. Most with this much detail left have parallel lines inside the fringes on the shoulder. At the top and bottom. I don't see those here.

• MasonGMasonG Posts: 6,268 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ELuis said:
    Anyone have seen this patina or color, it is normal or common?

1. I'd bet the color in hand does not match the image.
    2. The surfaces look... unnatural.