Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

A previous submission result. The Two True View's

joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 14,856 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 11, 2021 6:42PM in U.S. Coin Forum

Hi guys, yes got back two of my 5 submission results back

Was hoping for a VAM, but to no avail. The Dime was better than I expected. Although, still happy with both outcomes. No detail or questionable Color. Great news. 3 more coins waiting on. 2 Silver Eagles and one 2020 W Tallgrass Prairie Quarter.
:)

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.

Comments

• Options
    MFeldMFeld Posts: 12,040 ✭✭✭✭✭

@joeykoins said:

Was hoping for a VAM, but to no avail. The Dime was better than I expected. Although, still happy with both outcomes. No detail or questionable Color. Great news. 3 more coins waiting on. 2 Silver Eagles and one 2020 W Tallgrass Prairie Quarter.

As a 66, the dime is still probably worth less than the cost to have it graded. If that grade was better than you expected, why did you submit it in the first place?

Mark Feld* of Heritage Auctions*Unless otherwise noted, my posts here represent my personal opinions.

• Options
    coinbufcoinbuf Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭✭

Perhaps he is using the half dime dude strategy, hold them for a couple of years and reap a huge profit. ;)

My Lincoln Registry
    My Collection of Old Holders

Never a slave to one plastic brand will I ever be.
  • Options
    yspsalesyspsales Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭✭✭

Color...

BST: KindaNewish (3/21/21), WQuarterFreddie (3/30/21), Meltdown (4/6/21), DBSTrader2 (5/5/21) AKA- unclemonkey on Blow Out

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 31,884 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MFeld said:

@joeykoins said:

As a 66, the dime is still probably worth less than the cost to have it graded. If that grade was better than you expected, why did you submit it in the first place?

I wish I had your money, Joey.

• Options

@yspsales said:
    Color...

Except it is equally colored in or out of the slab.

• Options

@coinbuf said:
    Perhaps he is using the half dime dude strategy, hold them for a couple of years and reap a huge profit. ;)

I hope we all learned from his mistake. He held it for 10 days too long and it dropped 60%! ;)

• Options

"Money, isn't everything."

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Options
    USSID17USSID17 Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭✭✭

@joeykoins said:
    "Money, isn't everything."

It is when you don't have enough.

• Options
    edited May 5, 2021 1:20PM

@yspsales said:
    Color...

Yes, exactly! Wanted the True View, along with the authenticity of a true color. Besides, I just wanted it in our host's holder. Like so many in my PCGS collection. <3

Example:

1968s PF

Only valued at $6
    It doesn't matter to me. Love the coin and it's color, not the value. :)

• Options
    braddickbraddick Posts: 23,107 ✭✭✭✭✭

I slabbed a worn State quarter once (I still have it). Sometimes it is just for the fun of it and no other ulterior motive.

peacockcoins

• Options
    edited May 5, 2021 1:32PM

@braddick said:
    I slabbed a worn State quarter once (I still have it). Sometimes it is just for the fun of it and no other ulterior motive.

Great! In this hobby, it's called
    "coin collectors ", not "money collectors ". Although, I get it. :)
    Show off your Quarter, dude.

• Options
    braddickbraddick Posts: 23,107 ✭✭✭✭✭

Joey: :smile:

Mark: :neutral:

peacockcoins

• Options

@braddick said:
    Joey: :smile:

Mark: :neutral:

Lol. Meaning? :*

• Options

@joeykoins said:

@yspsales said:
    Color...

Yes, exactly! Wanted the True View, along with the authenticity of a true color. Besides, I just wanted it in our host's holder. Like so many in my PCGS collection. <3

Example:

1968s PF

Only valued at $6
    It doesn't matter to me. Love the coin and it's color, not the value. :)

Don't tell Mark, but ATM, I got 5 gorgeous proof 1960's Lincoln toners in the Q with our host.

BST: KindaNewish (3/21/21), WQuarterFreddie (3/30/21), Meltdown (4/6/21), DBSTrader2 (5/5/21) AKA- unclemonkey on Blow Out

• Options
    david3142david3142 Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭✭✭

@joeykoins said:

@braddick said:

Great! In this hobby, it's called
    "coin collectors ", not "money collectors ". Although, I get it. :)
    Show off your Quarter, dude.

It sounds as if you are also a PCGS plastic collector. No one is saying you shouldn’t like or collect these coins. I’m surprised at how many people defend spending $40 to slab a $10 coin though. Obviously it is your money and if it somehow brings you $40 of joy to see each of these coins in a holder then as long as you can afford it, ok. It sure would be a lot more efficient (and you could buy many more coins) if you liked them just as much raw.

• Options
    TreashuntTreashunt Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MFeld said:

@joeykoins said:

great question.

Frank

BHNC #203

• Options
    edited May 5, 2021 3:14PM

@Treashunt said:

@MFeld said:

@joeykoins said:

great question.

For myself, I will slab a $6 gorgeous natural toner from a proof set every day. They are as hard or harder to come by than a DCAM proof.

I will at a minimum recoup my fees and feel preservation for a future collector is part of being a numismatist.

Just a different way to cherrypick.

• Options

@Treashunt said:

great question.

I wasn't really concerned on ANY grade. Just as long as it didn't come back as a "problem coin ". The grade just surprised me. I was expecting it to come back a ms 64? Or even less. Once again, I wasn't surprised on the final value. :)

• Options
    WQuarterFreddieWQuarterFreddie Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Treashunt said:

@MFeld said:

@joeykoins said:

great question.

Not a great question at all. Actually quite arrogant in my opinion!🙄

• Options
    WQuarterFreddieWQuarterFreddie Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭✭✭

@braddick said:
    "No one has to blow out your candle to make theirs shine brighter."

Apparently some members feel differently which is annoying. 😤

• Options

Boys, boys. Let's have fun not war. :D

• Options
    MFeldMFeld Posts: 12,040 ✭✭✭✭✭

@WQuarterFreddie said:

@Treashunt said:

@MFeld said:

@joeykoins said:

great question.

Not a great question at all. Actually quite arrogant in my opinion!🙄

Said the person who very recently posted “...so I suggest you keep your negative comments to yourself🤫”.

Mark Feld* of Heritage Auctions*Unless otherwise noted, my posts here represent my personal opinions.

• Options
    edited May 6, 2021 6:40AM

A little something for the haters... LOL

Why we slab $6 coins... and I got about 20 more from the same album.

Just went and doubled my price on ebay to discourage buyers!

• Options

@yspsales said:
    A little something for the haters... LOL

Why we slab $6 coins... and I got about 20 more from the same album.

Just went and doubled my price on ebay to discourage buyers!

Love it!!! <3<3<3

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

To slab, or not to slab...
    That is the question....
    Whether to spend the money
    Hither, thither or yon....
    Or perhaps to save for a Starbucks?
    :D:D;) Cheers, RickO

• Options

Sorry, not so good pictures.

• Options

+1 ;)

• Options
    jedmjedm Posts: 2,940 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wasn't it David Hall that said "Have fun with your coins"?

• Options
    jdimmickjdimmick Posts: 9,591 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sounds like some of the folks that come by the shop, Guy comes in yesterday wanting to holder a 1926-d merc. I said, its au, and cleaned, he said send it anyway, I said"do you realize the cost is 10x what the coin is worth, he said thats ok, want it holdered"

ok

• Options
    AlexinPAAlexinPA Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭✭✭

IMHO both coins are beautiful and I am glad you are happy with your new slabs. It is what makes you pleased that is important.

• Options
    davewesendavewesen Posts: 5,849 ✭✭✭✭✭

I dislike it when the coins make it back before TruViews posted :(

• Options
    bearcavebearcave Posts: 3,993 ✭✭✭✭✭

:D

Ken
  • Options
    edited May 11, 2021 6:37PM

My Two True View's

AU 58

MS 66

• Options
    bearcavebearcave Posts: 3,993 ✭✭✭✭✭

What @rec78 said! Excellent tru views as well!! 😺

Ken

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file