Home U.S. Coin Forum

Celebrating a 400th Birthday - post a coin with a 20, 21 or 16 0r 19 the date

1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,665 ✭✭✭✭✭

Celebrating a 400th Birthday
** :) post a coin with a 20, 21 or 16 or 19 in the date [or any coin you like] B) **

Being of Boston Puritan ancestry, I appreciate what my ancestors endured.

Rebecca Nurse was accused of witchcraft in 1692 and hung at the gallows in Salem.

“She did all the right things. She went to church and followed all the rules, but she was still pointed out and called a witch,” she said. “Going to the gallows in her 70s as the oldest person executed and going willingly and accepting— based on what we know, she is such a strong woman.”

She would have been 400 years old this year.

Rutkowski said no one is completely sure when Nurse was born, but they know she was baptized on Feb. 21, 1621.

“Puritans didn't really celebrate birthdays,” she said, “but baptisms were important, and they were usually the following Sunday after a person was born.”

** :) post a coin with a 20, 21 or 16 or 19 in the date [or any coin you like] B) **

Rebecca Nurse Homestead

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

Comments

• bearcavebearcave Posts: 3,993 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ken
  • CoinHoarderCoinHoarder Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭✭✭

• 1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,665 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CoinHoarder
    You got a 19 and a 16, nice dime :)

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

@drddm
    beautiful half :)

Very nice @zoins :)

Very nice tree @The_Dinosaur_Man :)
    I like it, since she lived {until they killed her} until 1692, [age 71] , she probably had one of those at one time or another

• jesbrokenjesbroken Posts: 8,710 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 5, 2021 5:43AM

Photo's by Joe Best(crazyhounddog)

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest....Abraham Lincoln

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.

Great coin @jesbroken
    great pics @crazyhounddog

• ashelandasheland Posts: 22,203 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Bob13Bob13 Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭✭✭

Huh just realized most of my last submission was from the 1600s...

My current "Box of 20"

@Bob13 said:
    Huh just realized most of my last submission was from the 1600s...

Those are fantastic :)

Thanks for liking my Pine Tree @winesteven
    It pales with respect, to your coins my friend :)

• SkyManSkyMan Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 5, 2021 8:54PM

Sorry, Pilgrim, not Puritan (for those of us that know the difference ;) ).

Actually, the Puritans get a bad rep in America. The Puritans were WAY ahead of their time in that they believed that all their kids should go to school to learn to read. It was so their children could read the Bible by themselves and create a "purified" variant of the Church of England, specifically a Congregational church under the auspices of the Church of England.

• koynekwestkoynekwest Posts: 10,048 ✭✭✭✭✭

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file