Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

DELETE

PillarDollarCollectorPillarDollarCollector Posts: 4,734 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 22, 2022 4:19PM in World & Ancient Coins Forum

Collecting interests: Coins from Latin American & USA

Sports: NFL & NHL

Comments

• neildrobertsonneildrobertson Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭✭✭

A 1906-A German Empire Mark got me started. I overpaid for it and have since sold it.

IG: DeCourcyCoinsEbay: neilrobertson
    "Numismatic categorizations, if left unconstrained, will increase spontaneously over time." -me

• PillarDollarCollectorPillarDollarCollector Posts: 4,734 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 22, 2022 4:20PM

DELETE

Collecting interests: Coins from Latin American & USA

Sports: NFL & NHL

• StorkStork Posts: 5,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 21, 2021 8:43PM

My adult/non-US collecting branched out from an interest in bullion.

I was living in Japan and though 'geez, how neat would it be to get some Japanese bullion'. Found out about the 1986 commemorative and found a guy (Satootoko/Roy for those who have been here awhile) on the message boards who had posted about it and started communicating about the coin, and other Japanese coins. Eventually I started collecting my pocket change, then gradually expanded into a type set, and other world coins.

I didn't get one right away, but this was the coin I was looking for (scuffy slab):

One of my biggest dislikes of this dang new board is the utter inability to paw through my old messages like I used to. It would be nice to go back and see all that old correspondence.

• bigmarty58bigmarty58 Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭✭✭

Enthusiastic collector of British pre-decimal and Canadian decimal circulation coins.
  • This was the first really nice world coin I bought. There was a small coin auction in LaPorte County, IN that had photos of all coins on Auctionzip. All the world coins were sort of photographed together in a very blurry fashion, but I could see that the one marked "1912 Germany" was nice. When I got there, I decided I wasn't leaving without it, but ended up paying only $34. Off it went to PCGS. MS-63. That's a little lower than I like but I don't see myself selling it.

• ZoidMeisterZoidMeister Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think this was the one that did it for me.

Z

Busy chasing Carr's . . . . . woof!

Successful BST transactions with: Bullsitter, Downtown1974, P0CKETCHANGE, Twobitcollector, AKbeez, DCW, Illini420, ProofCollection, DCarr, Cazkaboom, RichieURich, LukeMarshall, carew4me, BustDMs, coinsarefun, PreTurb, felinfoal, jwitten, GoldenEgg, pruebas, lazybones, COCollector, CuKevin, MWallace, USMC_6115, NamVet69, zippcity, . . . . who'd I forget?

• ZoidMeisterZoidMeister Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭✭✭

Of course, after my first above, this one didn't hurt either . . . . .

Z

Busy chasing Carr's . . . . . woof!

Successful BST transactions with: Bullsitter, Downtown1974, P0CKETCHANGE, Twobitcollector, AKbeez, DCW, Illini420, ProofCollection, DCarr, Cazkaboom, RichieURich, LukeMarshall, carew4me, BustDMs, coinsarefun, PreTurb, felinfoal, jwitten, GoldenEgg, pruebas, lazybones, COCollector, CuKevin, MWallace, USMC_6115, NamVet69, zippcity, . . . . who'd I forget?