Home Precious Metals
Options

Silver???

I keep seeing talk about silver prices skyrocketing but I don't see anything? Is it because it hasn't happened yet? If it has happened what is the price per oz? If it hasn't what is the predicted price per oz? Even if the silver prices skyrocket will I be able to sell my proof and/ or MS-64 coins for melt value? (if it is above melt?)

Comments

• Options
    JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,821 ✭✭✭✭✭

Some good advice from @Meltdown

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,219 ✭✭✭✭✭

what has skyrocketed over the weekend has been sales of actual silver from online bullion dealers.

so much sold, dealers have raised their prices.

also, silver has risen from last week, but I would not call it a skyrocket.

again, actual silver prices are a lot higher. you won't find silver for sale for sale anywhere near $28.35/oz

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    abcde12345abcde12345 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Jimnight said:
    Some good advice from @Meltdown

:#

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@derryb.... As clear and accurate picture of reality as I have seen.... ;) Cheers, RickO

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,214 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2, 2021 10:41AM

The only hope of breaking the hold that spot price has on real silver is for physical demand to become so great that it results in a complete shortage of available silver. Only a major currency crisis can do this, not a bunch of gamers or solar panel producers. Then and only then will there be a chance that the futures market shorts will go long in an effort to see the contract to the end to get their hands on those 100 oz bars in the COMEX vaults. On a large enough scale the COMEX will fail to deliver.

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt