Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

Just want to give a shout out to those that have been kind to a rookie asking many many questions

KingOfMorganDollarKingOfMorganDollar Posts: 541 ✭✭✭
edited January 11, 2021 7:06PM in World & Ancient Coins Forum

I truly appreciate those that took the time to help me and guide me to the proper reading material. I know I can talk a lot but when you are new you have to ask. Anyways a big thanks!! Without some of you I may have just said this is not for me and quit Mexican coins all together but instead I believe I have found a life long passion. I I say this with 100% confidence after been a collector for a little over 30 years in all sorts of areas. I am sure there are others that would like to learn and if they where shown kindness and understand we have 1000 questions they would also enjoy Mexican coins.

Comments

• KingOfMorganDollarKingOfMorganDollar Posts: 541 ✭✭✭
    edited January 11, 2021 7:08PM

And it is not easy spending 600$ Canadian (probably closer to 1000$ in the end) or so on all these books when you are use to just buying a red book or something in that 30$ range. Especially when your annual budget is about 5000$ Canadian for coins. I am simply not use to coin books been hard to find never even crossed my mind the cost of learning Mexican coins properly. Yes we rookies can 2nd, 3rd and 4th guess ourselves that is a lot of money on a subject you are not even sure you like. Luckily I do very much like it. The Canadian dollar is worth about 30% less than the US dollar and can hover to near 40% some times.

It is scary when you don't have much money. Geez for that amount I could buy a new bed mattress, fridge, a bus pass for a full year, stove or whatever. But I am happy I am getting the proper books.

• And you don't even know whats inside the books either there are almost no images of them on the internet, So you open your wallet and hope for the best. When you have never done that for 30 years you can easily be uncertain.