DELETE

PillarDollarCollectorPillarDollarCollector Posts: 4,794 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 22, 2022 5:34PM in U.S. Coin Forum

Coin collecting interests: Latin America

Sports: NFL & NHL

Comments

• Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

All of the coins that I received as gifts in 2020 are shown below.

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• Options
    TurtleCatTurtleCat Posts: 4,594 ✭✭✭✭✭

@1630Boston said:
    All of the coins that I received as gifts in 2020 are shown below.

Ditto

• Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

Spectacular @DelawareDoons :)

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• Options
    alexercaalexerca Posts: 247 ✭✭✭

Normal people don't give as gifts the coins I collect but my little sister gave me the 3 gsa coins she inherited from my father and one of them was a 1885!

• Options
    3keepSECRETif2rDEAD3keepSECRETif2rDEAD Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭✭✭

...I just recently had an opportunity to purchase a generic 1976 Olympic proof set that once belonged to my gramps...the same one who gave me my first Morgan dollar...well, he had it sitting on his living room table when his house got busted and burgled in the same year of issue, or maybe the year following...he got shook for just about every coin he owned with multiple safes cracked and left empty...but the thugs didn’t bother to take the 1976 Olympic proof set...I told my grandma and Aunt that they probably thought it was a set of bad gammon or dominos...but either way, no way I’m letting that baby get melted by the LCS...gonna keep it around the house and see if somebody ever has the balls to take it, rest in peace gramps! ;)

• Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,443 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ms70 said:
    Nobody's gifting coins to me except me.

Same here. I don't want a coin gift from my family since they would get likely ripped off. My last coin gift was from my sister about thirty years ago. It was a 1947 birth year set that she bought from Littleton. Every coin was well worn and highly polished.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    ernie11ernie11 Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2, 2021 5:33AM

If gifting to oneself is permissible here, I gave myself this one last May with part of my stimulus check.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

The only 'gift' coin I received this year, was the End of WWII ASE....A forum member who scored one, offered it to me, for which I was most grateful. Cheers, RickO

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file