Home U.S. Coin Forum

Hoping for a nice Christmas present from my bank? PART 165. HALF DOLLARS, An ENDER BABY!!!

joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 14,787 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 18, 2024 12:08PM in U.S. Coin Forum

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.

Comments

• JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,767 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice!
    I ask my bank if they would order me one box of cents .. can't do :'(

• ShaunBC5ShaunBC5 Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭✭✭

Anything in particular you’re searching for this time, or is it anything and everything?
    Best of luck!

• joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 14,787 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 18, 2020 3:34PM

@Jimnight said:
    Nice!
    I ask my bank if they would order me one box of cents .. can't do :'(

Sorry, that's a shame. Your bank is playing scrooge. Ever think of opening a separate account with an entire different bank?
    Resulting in two accounts. ;)

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.

@ShaunBC5 said:
    Anything in particular you’re searching for this time, or is it anything and everything?
    Best of luck!

Still tracking the fugitive, 1992p or d Close AM Cent. :)

edited December 18, 2020 7:16PM

@Smudge said:
    Well it says right on the box, visually inspect.

Yes, that's what I did. Looked at each hole (50). All have a "wheatie end"! Yeah right. I wish. Lol. :D

• daltexdaltex Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh, I guess I misread the thread title. I thought this thread was going to be about the presents you got for the tellers at your bank for going out of their way to be so helpful in getting coins for your hobby (looking under your microscope) at face value.

• MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

I once had a sealed box of nickels come up a roll short. the branch made good on it. of course I was much more of a fixture there than I am at any bank now.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
    edited December 19, 2020 1:51AM

6th Roll.
    Real Rough but is that a 1 or an 0? :*

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks as if you have found a wheatie mine.... ;) Good luck with your '92 close AM.... Cheers, RickO

• JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,767 ✭✭✭✭✭

Keep hunting!

edited December 19, 2020 9:18AM

Through 9 rolls. 29 Wheats. No keys but hoping? Oldest, 1920s for sure. Possibly a 1919/1909?

First 1992d hopeful.
    Nice and Red too. But NO cigar. :'(

• MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

I vote 1919.

and you got a woodgrain in there, too.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • crazyhounddogcrazyhounddog Posts: 13,776 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks like a LOT of work. This kinda stuff is for young eyes. Good luck 🤞

The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.

@MsMorrisine said:
    I vote 1919.

and you got a woodgrain in there, too.

Thanks. yeah a woodgrain.

• AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,515 ✭✭✭✭✭

A lot of fun. I have rolls of memorials that I just put away as I was too lazy to spend or take to the bank (my bank does not take coin). I see a couple of 92 enders.....hmmm maybe I'll open? Who thinks I should? Who thinks just leave as is?

bob :)

Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
    edited December 19, 2020 11:14AM

Roll 19 is Amazing! 17 Wheats in the single roll. Lol. Ironically, here is the best one out of the 17. That makes 47 Wheats so far. Not even half done. Although, still no key.

• JBKJBK Posts: 14,643 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd go back to the bank quick and see if they have any more. Someone dumped a wheat hoard in a machine somewhere.

• KliaoKliao Posts: 5,445 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow. Lots of wheats! Congrats!

Young Numismatist/collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

@AUandAG said:
    A lot of fun. I have rolls of memorials that I just put away as I was too lazy to spend or take to the bank (my bank does not take coin). I see a couple of 92 enders.....hmmm maybe I'll open? Who thinks I should? Who thinks just leave as is?

OPEN DUDE! Lol. Good Luck. If I can't find that 1992, maybe it's because you have it? ;) Merry Christmas

@joeykoins said:
    Yes, that's what I did. Looked at each hole (50). All have a "wheatie end"! Yeah right. I wish. Lol. :D

How ironic is this?

• AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,515 ✭✭✭✭✭

@joeykoins said:

@AUandAG said:

OPEN DUDE! Lol. Good Luck. If I can't find that 1992, maybe it's because you have it? ;) Merry Christmas

I've got nine rolls, will look through them tomorrow if I have time.

Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
    edited December 20, 2020 12:55AM

Back into it! The 20th roll. One after the last roll that consisted of 17 wheats. This one had 14 wheat cents! The best one in that roll, 1910. Still, NO keys.
    Rough and slick

Any guesses? Lol Oh well. I'm averaging about 2 -3 Wheats per roll! Still NO keys.

My guess would be 1916d or s

• ifthevamzarockinifthevamzarockin Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭✭✭

1910 S

edited December 20, 2020 12:59AM

Here's a decent one.

• CoinHoarderCoinHoarder Posts: 2,438 ✭✭✭✭✭

That's an awesome box Joey!

When you have completed searching the box, please give us a breakdown of your total finds.

• erwindocerwindoc Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congrats! I think you owe that bank a box of donuts!

Oh, you were serious when you said 1910s? I thought you were facetious. I see your thinking now. That would make more sense, by the coin being so worn and slick.
    The older date, 1910 than 1916. How 'bout the mm now? S or d? Thanks buddy. :)

edited December 20, 2020 11:29AM

Lol. Duh! :D
    RPM ? :D

edited December 20, 2020 11:53AM

Wheats found thus far: 79
    With 23 rolls remaining, including the 6 rolls that have wheat enders. 2, of which have both ends with a wheat. This, by far will most probably be my BEST box of cents EVER! So, I guess my bank did provide me with a "Nice Christmas Present" after all?
    Although, NO Keys or Varieties, as of yet. However, the THRILL was a present alone. and yes, my heart skipped a beat when I did run across a few 1992's. Lol. :)
    My best find

• SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,660 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great Christmas gift for a CRH. Glad you are having fun and success.

If you continue for years with CRH statistics and random chance dictate that at some point in time you will acquire one or more rolls containing a run of MS wheat cents dated from 1909 through the 1930s, plus some rolls containing MS wheat cents from 1940 to 1958 containing 50 MS cents of the same date and mint mark.

When that happens make sure you post pics.

@SanctionII said:
    When that happens make sure you post pics.

Thanks! I hope you are right? Merry Christmas. ;)

Here are some pics of the worn 1910s in a better light?

• DCWDCW Posts: 6,935 ✭✭✭✭✭

I once had a box like that. Of course, no keys but it had plenty of Wheaties, which were exciting on see popping up 10+ per roll.
    Best of my group was a 1909 VDB, but alas no "S."

Dead Cat Waltz Exonumia
    "Coin collecting for outcasts..."

@DCW said:
    I once had a box like that. Of course, no keys but it had plenty of Wheaties, which were exciting on see popping up 10+ per roll.
    Best of my group was a 1909 VDB, but alas no "S."

Great! I'd be happy if I too, would find that. The 1909 VDB No S.

edited December 20, 2020 3:15PM

Yes, I just remembered! This happened to me not too long ago. About 3 months ago.
    I bought a bank box of cents. That box too, had a multiple amount of Wheaties. 90 to be exact! 10 short of two FULL Rolls. Different bank. I'm pretty sure, this box will surpass that? ;)

• ReadyFireAimReadyFireAim Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 20, 2020 4:10PM

I think Hansen is still looking for one of these if you can find one.

Any condition will do ;)

edited December 20, 2020 5:29PM

Wheatie Alert:
    Roll 29: 18 Wheats! :)

Best coin in roll 29
    Lamination

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file