Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Finally, 2020 Mint Sets are going out today! GOT IT!

joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 14,865 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 3, 2020 10:03AM in U.S. Coin Forum

Just received a confirmation email and also stating that they are charging my credit card. Great news. I was worried about them not charging my card up until today, the launch date. Some of you guys mentioned that earlier, thanks. Can't wait to start going over each coin. Hopefully, these sets will live up to what they're claiming? Strong strikes! Ala SMS sets? PL appearance we hope? We'll have to wait and see. ;)

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.

Comments

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good luck. I used to get excited over these.....Now many years of sets reside in a storage box. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

Mine confirmed too. Subscribed so no forgetting

• Options
    Panda4456Panda4456 Posts: 362 ✭✭✭

I’m not a fan of these but good for people who like them!

• Options
    Danno44Danno44 Posts: 172 ✭✭✭

Mine confirmed as well and unavailable already on the site.

• Options
    ɹoʇɔǝlloɔɹoʇɔǝlloɔ Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭✭✭

man, after v75 and the mayflower releases, you feel like a magician checking out with no hiccups 😂

• Options
    bsshog40bsshog40 Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yea I broke down and ordered 2 sets. I already have the silver and clad proof sets so I got one set to go with them and one set to close out my Danscos for 2020.

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,504 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cool

• Options

@Danno44 said:

That sounds encouraging. No more! We have them all. Lol

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Options
    erwindocerwindoc Posts: 4,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ordered mine shortly after 12. No issues. I needed to get the proof and silver proof coins for the year. I think that 2021 might be my final year since the ATB quarters end. Who knows what Ill do later on.

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 31,902 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Danno44 said:

Hadn't been released yet this morning. They are still available.

• Options

FWIW-

I've had three open orders with the mint since 11/3. All of them were to ship overnight. I finally got fed up this morning and called the mint on them. After 30 minutes of hold I got this information:

2020 Silver Proof Sets - Out of Stock - No date for availability
    2020 Clad Proof Sets - Out of Stock - No date for availability
    2020 Tallgrass Quarters (P Bags, D Bags, S Bags) - Out of Stock - No date for availability

All of these were still available for purchase online when I checked this morning. Frankly I'm not holding my breath for the 100 mint sets I just ordered this morning.

• Options
    privatecoinprivatecoin Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭✭✭

@phantacc said:
    FWIW-

I've had three open orders with the mint since 11/3. All of them were to ship overnight. I finally got fed up this morning and called the mint on them. After 30 minutes of hold I got this information:

2020 Silver Proof Sets - Out of Stock - No date for availability
    2020 Clad Proof Sets - Out of Stock - No date for availability
    2020 Tallgrass Quarters (P Bags, D Bags, S Bags) - Out of Stock - No date for availability

All of these were still available for purchase online when I checked this morning. Frankly I'm not holding my breath for the 100 mint sets I just ordered this morning.

Wow. Interesting that they still show the clad proof set available on their website.

Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value. Zero. Voltaire. Ebay coinbowlllc

• Options

Now, are we talking about "proof sets" or are we talking about the 2020 Mint sets? :*

• Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭

Interesting. I very seldom buy any mint products but I was going to order the two uncirculated 2020 sets tonight. Just for the Kennedy half dollars. Timing is everything.

• Options
    edited December 1, 2020 9:38PM

Great news! Just received an email, "We shipped your order." :)
    I'm hoping maybe by next tuesday?
    New to this. Would it be delivered by USPS or FEDX?

• Options
    Tom147Tom147 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ordered mine 5 minutes after opening. No problems. no hour and a half wait. No I.D.ing bicycles, traffic lights etc.
    Just filling my Danscos.

• Options
    GiveMeProofGiveMeProof Posts: 564 ✭✭✭✭

Strangely, I was looking through the first strike eligibility and the expiration dates and they list the "uncirculated" W nickel. We all know that ain't happenin'.

• Options
    koynekwestkoynekwest Posts: 10,048 ✭✭✭✭✭

@joeykoins said:
    Great news! Just received an email, "We shipped your order." :)
    I'm hoping maybe by next tuesday?
    New to this. Would it be delivered by USPO or FEDX?

I just got several InnoBucks today, delivered by USPS. That's the way I prefer the delivery.

• Options
    daltexdaltex Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Hydrant said:
    Interesting. I very seldom buy any mint products but I was going to order the two uncirculated 2020 sets tonight. Just for the Kennedy half dollars. Timing is everything.

I don't understand this post.

• Options
    edited December 2, 2020 4:18PM

Wow,the unthinkable just happened. Received an early morning email from UPS, stating that my package will arrive tomorrow! Wow, one day after the Mint shipped it? Hard to believe, no? How 'bout you guys? The ones that ordered this as well? I'll post as soon as I get it. :)

• Options

Mine is coming USPS, says Saturday delivery. We shall see. :)

• Options

Mine requires a signature does anyone else require one?

• Options
    CameonutCameonut Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have not bought proof or mint sets from the mint for decades, with the exception of the 50 state quarter program. The rest have proven over the last 30 years to be nothing more than poor investments and occupiers of valuable space.
    IF i ever wanted a set (which I doubt I ever will), I will wait a year or two and buy from a dealer at a discount.

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." - Thomas Jefferson

My digital cameo album 1950-64 Cameos - take a look!

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,203 ✭✭✭✭✭

@joeykoins said:
    Mine requires a signature does anyone else require one?

if it is delivered by UPS then they'll just look you in the eye and walk away.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    edited December 2, 2020 6:29PM

@Cameonut said:
    I have not bought proof or mint sets from the mint for decades, with the exception of the 50 state quarter program. The rest have proven over the last 30 years to be nothing more than poor investments and occupiers of valuable space.

Maybe so, I get it. But according to the Mint, now this is what they claim, this Mint set will be far different than Mint sets in the past. They claim "double struck"! We shall see. This is the main reason I bought 2 sets. :)

• Options
    PocketArtPocketArt Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, I was dinged for two of these. Anything extra with the sets? Any single special coin in a small envelope?

I do like the half dollar's; they seem to be hammered nicely the past few years with a somewhat concave appearance. I believe I read something awhile ago that they are struck similar to the pressure of what medals are struck? I like that scooped look esp. in PL.

• Options

@joeykoins said:

@Cameonut said:

Maybe so, I get it. But according to the Mint, now this is what they claim, this Mint set will be far different than Mint sets in the past. They claim "double struck"! We shall see. This is the main reason I bought 2 sets. :)

Where do they claim this? The Mint website only says this:

"United States Mint uncirculated coins are struck on special presses using greater force than circulating coins, producing a sharp, intricately detailed image."

And that's the same language that's on the 2019 sets.

• Options

@jmlanzaf said:

Really? I did say I'm new to this (Mint Set purchases). From their description, I took it as special strikes? Sorry :/

• Options

@joeykoins said:

@jmlanzaf said:

Really? I did say I'm new to this (Mint Set purchases). From their description, I took it as special strikes? Sorry :/

I don't know. I thought you might have seen something different.

The Mint set coins are definitely nicer than circ coins.

• Options

Tracking my Package, as we speak. on UPS Live Map. Hope I receive it before I have to leave for work? Meantime, my wife will be here to sign. I could track the driver down like I usually do, but I just got up. Still tired. Lol Stay tuned. :)

• Options
    edited December 3, 2020 10:33AM

Look what I GOT! Exquisite coins guys!
    I do notice a satiny finish. Beautiful. Check out the Kennedy

PL

Quarter

• Options

Definitely, the Kennedy is the Star here.

It must be because of the more fields space?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file