thanks, @Kliao for the heads up

https://catalog.usmint.gov/product-schedule/2021/

some interesting things:

2021 ase proof w - jan 7 [old?]
2021 ase proof w - summer [new?]
2021 ase proof s - summer [new?]
2021 ase unc w - summer [new?]
2021 ase rp 2-coin set s,w - summer [new?]

all of these w 'old' reverse, as ahead of projected mid-year release of new reverse?

2021 proof set s - mar 5
2021 silver proof set s - spring
2021 unc set d,p - spring

more pucks in 2021!

2021 tuskegee airmen unc 5 oz silver p - mar 25

summer palladium release [hasn't there already been a proof release? 2018?]

american eagle 1 oz palladium proof w - summer

what are you seeing that you're looking forward to?

Comments

• Options
    MgarmyMgarmy Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

ASE proof and the proof set then I am done

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

• Options
    CoinMeisterCoinMeister Posts: 642 ✭✭✭✭

This is just what was announced. Imagine what hasn’t yet to be announced....

"What we are never changes, but who we are ... never stops changing."
  • Options
    ɹoʇɔǝlloɔɹoʇɔǝlloɔ Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭✭✭

also nice to see them rolling out the last of the american innovation 2020 coins in jan 2021 😂

• Options

yet ... 🤞🤞🤞

• Options
    OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, it looks like since there will be a new reverse, we will be getting double silver eagles....old & new this and old & new that...even a mysterious double set:
    American Eagle 2021 Silver Reverse Proof Two-Coin Set

@privatecoin said:
    Dont see a 2021 Morgan or Peace dollar on there yet.

Agreed.....but that can change in a heartbeat....

I wonder what different finish will be on the Palladium this time....

And also a new design for the Liberty Gold should be unveiled soon...

and the quarter??

and ridiculously low mintages to clog up the mint site.....????

• Options
    cagcrispcagcrisp Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭✭✭

@privatecoin said:

Legislation hasn’t passed the Senate. If Not passed in 2020, you have to start over in 2021...

• Options
    Tom147Tom147 Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭✭✭

Proof, silver prof & mint set to keep my Dansco albums complete. Probably the ASE for the Dansco too. Little disappointed though as I did not get the 75th edition and I will not pay $ 500.00 for a raw example just to keep the album at 100 %. I may very well stop collecting the ASE's.

• Options
    privatecoinprivatecoin Posts: 3,190 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Tom147 said:
    Proof, silver prof & mint set to keep my Dansco albums complete. Probably the ASE for the Dansco too. Little disappointed though as I did not get the 75th edition and I will not pay $ 500.00 for a raw example just to keep the album at 100 %. I may very well stop collecting the ASE's.

Prices have dropped a lot already. Can buy one on Ebay for less than $400. Probably will drop a bit more

Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value. Zero. Voltaire. Ebay coinbowlllc

• Options
    Tom147Tom147 Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭✭✭

I hope so. already set my limit at $ 300, maybe a little more.

• Options
    edited November 28, 2020 9:32PM

just noticed the first age old/new 2-coin proof set

American Eagle 2021 One-Tenth Ounce Gold Proof Two-Coin Set, both minted at west point, summer

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks interesting for the ASE's in 2021.... will see what develops. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    PipestonePetePipestonePete Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭✭✭

American Eagle 2021 Gold Proof Four Coin Set....21EF - - - March 11

American Eagle 2021 Gold Proof Four Coin Set....21EFN - - - Summer 2021

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,521 ✭✭✭✭✭

Interesting on this is gonna go

• Options
    WAYNEASWAYNEAS Posts: 6,355 ✭✭✭✭✭

thanks for the link

I gave up on the ASE's long ago
    there are just to many varieties each year to keep a set updated especially a registry set.
    If I counted correctly, there will be 6 different ASE's for 2021 :/

Kennedys are my quest...

• Options

@WAYNEAS that we know of so far 😅

• Options
    MgarmyMgarmy Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 29, 2020 7:30PM

Wonder and hope that they split the ASE registry for 86- 2021 and then 2021-...

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

• Options
    TurtleCatTurtleCat Posts: 4,594 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Mgarmy said:
    Wonder and hope that they split the ASE registry for 86- 2021 and then 2021-...

My guess is it will be 3. One for the entire run, one for classic design, and one for new design. If so, many people can experience having a top registry set with new design next year....

• Options
    SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,481 ✭✭✭✭✭

For a first, I might be in for a Tuskegee Airmen puck. Like crossover items that appeal to my varied interests.

In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • Options

ah - just noticed the United States Mint Limited Edition 2021 Silver Proof Set releasing in fall 2021 is from multiple mints [s,w] - looks like they'll be doing old and new eagle reverses all year next year

• Options

looks like they'll be doing old and new eagle reverses all year next year

Yep....looks like a fun year ahead....a mixed bag of old/new hodgepodge mishmash randomness offered with precise mintages and released with perfect timing on an exacting schedule. Who's on first?

• Options

buckle up! 🏎💨

• Options
    edited December 19, 2020 9:37AM

the mcauliffe designs have been finalized

https://www.usmint.gov/news/press-releases/united-states-mint-unveils-designs-for-christa-mcauliffe-commemorative-coin-program

was really hoping they'd choose the 'apple' reverse - much better design, imo

• Options
    DreamcrusherDreamcrusher Posts: 210 ✭✭✭✭

I tried very hard to drum up enough interest in Congress for a commemorative dollar for the 100th anniversary of the Tomb of the Unknown but I was not successful. A real shame.

• Options

@Dreamcrusher what does that process look like? did you start with your state reps? having conversations with them and trying get them to 'sponsor' the legislation? would love to understand methods / process for that --- sorry you didn't get congressional support for your efforts

• Options
    edited December 19, 2020 6:45PM

@WAYNEAS said:

thanks for the link

I gave up on the ASE's long ago
    there are just to many varieties each year to keep a set updated especially a registry set.
    If I counted correctly, there will be 6 different ASE's for 2021 :/

ASE....let me count the 6...I think I've got this right, correct me if I'm wrong.
    W Proof Heraldic
    W Proof New Reverse
    S Proof New Reverse
    W Unc. New Reverse
    S & W RP 2 coin set New Reverse

So does that mean there will not be another Unc. with Heraldic reverse? Just one more proof? Isn't the W Unc New Reverse a burnished Eagle? Am I missing the regular Unc. ? I'm getting confused with this crazy schedule with different designs...

• Options

@Dreamcrusher incredible!! thank you for sharing the story of how you made this happen, and for seeding the idea and all your efforts in making that happen

• Options
    edited January 2, 2021 4:54PM

2021 w ase and 2021 w congratulations set still set as tbd since being bumped from jan 7 release --- anyone w mint connections know what's going on w these?

• Options

@ɹoʇɔǝlloɔ said:
    2021 w ase and 2021 w congratulations set still set as tbd since being bumped from jan 9 release --- anyone w mint connections know what's going on w these?

They were moved After the Morgan and Peace Silver dollar law was passed. My guess is you will see a Morgan Silver Dollar followed by the Peace Silver dollar.

I would complete sales of Morgan and Peace before I sell one American Silver Eagle.

At least that is how I would do it if I was Mint Director...

• Options

@cagcrisp so confused - how are they going to push through the morgan and peace dollars so quickly? understand the legislation is passed, but wouldn't there be a whole design approval process ahead of getting the dies made and moving into production?

• Options

@ɹoʇɔǝlloɔ said:
    @cagcrisp so confused - how are they going to push through the morgan and peace dollars so quickly? understand the legislation is passed, but wouldn't there be a whole design approval process ahead of getting the dies made and moving into production?

My guess is that they had all this already done in anticipation...

• Options

@cagcrisp hope so - would love to see these released asap, I just thought it'd take a while to get to that point

• Options
    BStrauss3BStrauss3 Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭✭✭

@privatecoin said:

Law hasn't been signed... so it ain't a thing yet.

-----Burton
    ANA 50 year/Life Member (now "Emeritus")
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't see the: "America the Beautiful Quarters 2021 Silver Proof Set" on their schedule .... There is still one coin to be issued.

"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 3, 2021 11:49AM

OPA
    I think this is it. Only one left to complete the ATB program

Or this one

• Options
    olympicsosolympicsos Posts: 698 ✭✭✭✭

@BStrauss3 said:

@privatecoin said:

Law hasn't been signed... so it ain't a thing yet.

I just hope this doesn't get pocket vetoed.

• Options
    BStrauss3BStrauss3 Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭✭✭

Dead. The bill expired, unsigned, when the 116th Congress adjourned today at 11:55am.

Back to the drawing boards...

My personal bet is the mint will release silver medals and then wonder why people won't buy them...

-----Burton
    ANA 50 year/Life Member (now "Emeritus")
  • Options
    TurtleCatTurtleCat Posts: 4,594 ✭✭✭✭✭

Interesting. Did the other redesign bill for the quarter and half also fail for lack of action?

• Options
    edited January 3, 2021 8:38PM

oh no ... super disappointing news ☹

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Now that is a shame.... Leaves the Mint in a tough spot.... Probably some quick movement will occur and it will move through as a priority as soon as the congress reconvenes - meanwhile, production will commence in preparation for approval/release. Cheers, RickO

• Options

man I hope so ricko

• Options

I think you guys are reading the law concerning the 2021 Morgan’s and Peace Silver dollars incorrectly. The Senate passed the bill December 17, 2020. That’s when the clock starts for the 10 days. The president has 10 days to Veto the bill or it becomes law.

When it was presented to the president ( December 24, 2020) has no bearing on the 10 day clock...

• Options

sweeeeet 🔥⚡💥

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,212 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm waiting for the coins that blow up their website.

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

"A bill becomes law if signed by the President or if not signed within 10 days and Congress is in session. If Congress adjourns before the 10 days and the President has not signed the bill then it does not become law ("Pocket Veto.") "

The question becomes was Congress in session for the 10 days after it was passed?

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,219 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options

Wrong Again...

The President Signed it into Law...

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file