Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins

SOLD - 1875-S Twenty Cent Piece MS65+ PCGS w/CAC, PCGS Pop only 8

winestevenwinesteven Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭✭✭

My price had been reduced on the BS&T, but it did not sell, so it’s now listed as Lot #299 in the current Legend Regency Auction. SOLD for $3,877 including their 17.5% buyers fee.

1. There have been 221 1875-S Twenty Cent Pieces graded MS65 or MS65+ by PCGS. Of those 221, only eight merit the "+". This is one of those eight!

2. NGC has graded 206 of these as either MS65 or MS65+ or MS65*. Out of the overall total by PCGS and NGC of 427 in these grades, only 55 merit the coveted CAC sticker (only 12.9%). At this price point, you'd figure almost all were sent to CAC. For those without a CAC, you should ask yourself why it doesn't have one?

3. This coin has smooth frosty surfaces that are toned in sandy-gold iridescence that is a bit bolder on the reverse, Sharply struck throughout, a feature not often seen in circulation strike coins of this type, with strong technical quality AND outstanding eye appeal. This coin is uncommonly well preserved, and is of further significance from having been struck from the die pairing that Brunner and Frost state was also used to strike the branch mint Proofs. But this coin is NOT Proof.

4. For Variety collectors, this is BF-1, Rarity 3.

I bought this MS65+ in October 2018 for $5,040.

Please also look at my Lot #230 1828 Coronet/Matron Large Cent MS65BN graded by PCGS with a CAC, and also my Lot #311 1911 Proof Barber Quarter PR67CAM graded by PCGS, with a CAC.

Successful BST Transactions: ChrisH821 x 2; D1no; MsMorrisine; pnies20; radioman; Relaxn; RonB; RyGuy; Shrub68 x 3; sonorandesertrat x 2; UltraHighRelief; Willy.

Please message ANY questions. Thank you.

A day without fine wine and working on your coin collection is like a day without sunshine!!!

My collecting “Pride & Joy” is my PCGS Registry Dansco 7070 Set:
https://www.pcgs.com/setregistry/type-sets/design-type-sets/complete-dansco-7070-modified-type-set-1796-date/publishedset/213996
Tagged:

Comments