Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Making offer for silver dollars

YorkshiremanYorkshireman Posts: 4,494 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have a chance to buy some Morgan and Peace silver dollars from an acquaintance.No rare dates.
What is the going wholesale price for pre 1921 and 1921 Morgans and Peace dollars in average circulated condition (say XF)?

Help!

Yorkshireman,Obsessed collector of round, metallic pieces of history.Hunting for Latin American colonial portraits plus cool US & British coins.

Comments

• Options
    BoosibriBoosibri Posts: 11,873 ✭✭✭✭✭

check APMEX buy pricing

• Options
    edited October 23, 2020 7:41AM

@Boosibri said:
    check APMEX buy pricing

Thanks.
    Why didn’t I think of that??

Yorkshireman,Obsessed collector of round, metallic pieces of history.Hunting for Latin American colonial portraits plus cool US & British coins.
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,219 ✭✭✭✭✭

this would also be a good question for the Precious Metals forums.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    MFeldMFeld Posts: 12,056 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ballpark $20 for Peace $1and $24 for Morgan $1.

Mark Feld* of Heritage Auctions*Unless otherwise noted, my posts here represent my personal opinions.

• Options

@MFeld said:
    Ballpark $20 for Peace $1and $24 for Morgan $1.

Thank you, Mark!

• Options
    al410al410 Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 23, 2020 11:11AM

I think this is a good question, many people collect non graded morgans in the F to XF range me being one of those people and even without being rare dates they bring different prices. Personally I agree with the people who say Peace around $20 and Morgans around $24 if buying wholesale.
    Al

• Options
    291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,945 ✭✭✭✭✭

Do you really want to be into these when the silver price is $24-25 per troy ounce?

All glory is fleeting.
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

The prices posted by @MFeld are what I would expect to see/pay.... If there were rare or exceptional coins, obviously more. Cheers, RickO

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file