Home Sports Talk

Closed.

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 1, 2020 5:12PM in Sports Talk

Let's have some fun, and play a NFL picks contest. I will list random matchups each week and you pick who you think will win. I will only list games that are played on Sunday. All picks must be in before noon each Sunday and please put all of your picks in one box. We'll start at week 2 since week 1 is obviously history. On Monday we'll see who got the most picks correct.

WEEK 2 MATCHUPS:

Giants vs Bears

Falcons vs Cowboys

Vikings vs Colts

Patriots vs Seahawks

Comments

• doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 16, 2020 10:34AM

My week 2 picks to win:

Bears
    Cowboys
    Vikings
    Seahawks

• thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

Giants
    Cowboys
    Vikings
    Patriots

Let's get our picks in before Sunday people! As perkdog says, chop chop!!

• 2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭✭✭

Bears
    Cowboys
    Colts
    Seahawks <—-take it to the bank

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭✭✭

Da Bears
    Cowboys
    Vikings
    Seahawks

• zippcityzippcity Posts: 886 ✭✭✭✭

Giants-Falcons-Seahawks-Colts

Save our Country. Positive BST: Collectorcoins- Mariner020648- profharoldhill- coppertoning- agentjim007- cucamongacoin- ElKevo- mercurydimeguy- Utahcoin-AJAAN-AUandAG- surfinxhi- ZoidMeister- TwoSides2acoin-
  • VikingDudeVikingDude Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭

Giants
    Falcons
    Vikings
    Seahawks

• stevekstevek Posts: 27,699 ✭✭✭✭✭

Eagles to bounce back and win, off that embarrassing loss.

@stevek said:

I'm sorry, but the Eagles didn't make the cut this week. They blew a 17 point lead to a team that doesn't even have a name. Please select your winners from the week 2 matchups listed above. Chop chop!

Everyone get your picks in before noon tomorrow.

edited September 20, 2020 3:29AM

Ok, it's Sunday, get your picks in before noon today if you want to participate in our season game here. We'll tally the totals after the week 2 matchups are over. We'll do this every week all the way through to the Super Bowl and see who the best at picking games really is. Good luck and thank you to everyone who participated!

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,462 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 20, 2020 8:49AM

Bears, Cowboys, Colts and Seahawks

edited September 21, 2020 3:00AM

No more picks for week 2, the deadline was 12 p.m.

Good luck everyone with their picks today!

Week 2 is now closed!

Cowboys - 40
    Falcons - 39

Colts - 28
    Vikings - 11

Bears - 17
    Giants - 13

Seahawks - 35
    Patriots - 30

edited September 21, 2020 4:08AM

2dueces and perkdog went 4-0 with their picks, good job guys! Since we don't know who will be playing week to week, we'll crown a lead dog each week and review who did the best after the season is over. This week we have a tie for lead dog.

2dueces 4-0
    perkdog 4-0
    Bullsitter 3-1
    doubledragon 3-1
    thisistheshow 2-2
    zippcity 2-2
    VikingDude 1-3

Thanks for the contest... B)

Nice work Double D!!! Your keeping the standings? Love it 👍👍🍻

@doubledragon said:

@stevek said:

I'm sorry, but the Eagles didn't make the cut this week. They blew a 17 point lead to a team that doesn't even have a name. Please select your winners from the week 2 matchups listed above. Chop chop!

<<< I'm sorry, but the Eagles didn't make the cut this week. >>>

Good, that means my rotten Eagles pick didn't count. 😓

@doubledragon said:
    2dueces and perkdog went 4-0 with their picks, good job guys! Since we don't know who will be playing week to week, we'll crown a lead dog each week and review who did the best after the season is over. This week we have a tie for lead dog.

I just subscribed to both the 2dueces & perkdog little green card handicapping picks.

I'm gonna be rich by the end of the football season, rich i tell ya! 💰

@perkdog said:
    Nice work Double D!!! Your keeping the standings? Love it 👍👍🍻

Thanks perkdog, yes we'll keep the standings each week to see how everyone is doing and see how it goes. I suck at math, but I'll do my best. We'll pick 4 games every week and keep track of how everyone does. I'll pick the week 3 games and post them sometime this week.

@stevek said:

@doubledragon said:

I just subscribed to both the 2dueces & perkdog little green card handicapping picks.

You should have peeked at the Swami Duece betting thread. I haven’t lost a wager and am up $445 early. Big wins on Seattle and San Francisco this week. Stay tuned.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.

@2dueces said:

@stevek said:

@doubledragon said:

You should have peeked at the Swami Duece betting thread. I haven’t lost a wager and am up $445 early. Big wins on Seattle and San Francisco this week. Stay tuned.

Good - i enjoy it immensely when bookies get crushed! 👍

edited September 22, 2020 9:53AM

WEEK 3 MATCHUPS.

Bengals vs Eagles

Rams vs Bills

Raiders vs Patriots

Packers vs Saints

edited September 22, 2020 9:53AM

My picks

Bengals
    Bills
    Patriots
    Packers

Bengals, Bills, Raiders, Packers

Eagles, Bills, Patriots, Packers

W.C.Fields
  • DarinDarin Posts: 6,297 ✭✭✭✭✭

Bengals, Rams, Raiders, Packers.

Double D, question?
    Are you allowed to change your picks before game time. For instance, if Aaron Rogers
    gets injured in practice this week and will be out for the game, can a person switch to
    the Saints or do you have to stay put?

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.
  • BrickBrick Posts: 4,934 ✭✭✭✭✭

Bengals, Bills, Raiders, Saints

Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

@Darin said:

Double D, question?
    Are you allowed to change your picks before game time. For instance, if Aaron Rogers
    gets injured in practice this week and will be out for the game, can a person switch to

I actually haven't considered that, good point! Ok, we'll say yes, you can change your picks up until 12:00 p.m. on Sunday. All picks are final at 12:00 p.m. on Sunday.

@doubledragon said:
    WEEK 3 MATCHUPS.

Bengals vs Eagles

Rams vs Bills

Raiders vs Patriots

Packers vs Saints

i'm gonna stay with this narrative after each game, and i figure unless the Eagles go winless for the season, eventually i have to be right, right? 🤔

@stevek said:

@doubledragon said:
    WEEK 3 MATCHUPS.

Bengals vs Eagles

Rams vs Bills

Raiders vs Patriots

Packers vs Saints

i'm gonna stay with this narrative after each game, and i figure unless the Eagles go winless for the season, eventually i have to be right, right? 🤔

Would you want them to take Trevor Lawrence if they get the first pick?

@perkdog said:

@stevek said:

@doubledragon said:
    WEEK 3 MATCHUPS.

Bengals vs Eagles

Rams vs Bills

Raiders vs Patriots

Packers vs Saints

Would you want them to take Trevor Lawrence if they get the first pick?

I don't think that scenario is going to play out for a variety of reasons.

@stevek Has the Eagles injury report come out yet?

W.C.Fields

@2dueces said:
    @stevek Has the Eagles injury report come out yet?

Have not seen it yet.

@doubledragon said:

@Darin said:

Double D, question?

I actually haven't considered that, good point! Ok, we'll say yes, you can change your picks up until 12:00 p.m. on Sunday. All picks are final at 12:00 p.m. on Sunday.

12 pm Eastern ? 😂😂😂

@thisistheshow said:

@doubledragon said:

@Darin said:

Double D, question?

12 pm Eastern ? 😂😂😂

Oh damn. Ok, I forgot about pacific and eastern time zones. Well, ok, all picks are due Sunday before the games start. I never thought about how difficult running a picks contest was going to be!

@doubledragon said:

@thisistheshow said:

@doubledragon said:

@Darin said:

Double D, question?

12 pm Eastern ? 😂😂😂

Oh damn. Ok, I forgot about pacific and eastern time zones. Well, ok, all picks are due Sunday before the games start. I never thought about how difficult running a picks contest was going to be!

We got your back DoubleD. And we appreciate you...

• zippcityzippcity Posts: 886 ✭✭✭✭

Eagles-Bills-Raiders-Packers

Save our Country. Positive BST: Collectorcoins- Mariner020648- profharoldhill- coppertoning- agentjim007- cucamongacoin- ElKevo- mercurydimeguy- Utahcoin-AJAAN-AUandAG- surfinxhi- ZoidMeister- TwoSides2acoin-

@thisistheshow said:

@doubledragon said:

@thisistheshow said:

@doubledragon said:

@Darin said:

Double D, question?

12 pm Eastern ? 😂😂😂

We got your back DoubleD. And we appreciate you...

Thank you guys. I appreciate you guys also and I always got your backs as well. 🍻🖒

Eagles
    Rams
    Pats
    Saints

Eagles
    Bills
    Patriots
    Packers

• DarinDarin Posts: 6,297 ✭✭✭✭✭

So is there any kind of award for being wrong on every game?
    The closest I have come yet is a tie. But unlike Pederson, coach of the Philadelphia Fold
    I am not satisfied with a tie. Packers better win tonight!

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.

@Darin said:
    The closest I have come yet is a tie. But unlike Pederson, coach of the Philadelphia Fold

😂😂 We'll come up with something for being wrong. They need to do something about tie games, what a disappointing outcome. I hate watching a whole game just to have it end that way.

@doubledragon said:

@Darin said:

😂😂 We'll come up with something for being wrong. They need to do something about tie games, what a disappointing outcome. I hate watching a whole game just to have it end that way.

I don't mind the tie, only because they could theoretically play so long as to cause season long repurcusions injury wise. There have been fun suggestions like a back and fourth two point two point conversion style contest until someone doesn't score. I'm glad they got rid of sudden death, atleast allowing a team to have a chance if the first possession is a FG. If they ever went to just playing out OT even if the first possession is a TD, that would be a change I would like.

OT, but I still cannot believe that, during the 28-3 SB, the Falcons sent Matt Ryan out to do the coin toss. That right there encapsulates everything you need to know about why they lost. He should have been on the sideline going over every possible scenario, etc.

WEEK 3 SCORES :

Bengals - 23
    Eagles - 23

Bills - 35
    Rams - 32

Patriots - 36
    Raiders - 20

Packers - 37
    Saints - 30

edited September 30, 2020 2:58AM

Here are the standings after week 3, as you can see, 2dueces now stands alone as the lead dog in the NFL picks contest.

2dueces 7-0-1
    perkdog 6-1-1
    doubledragon 6-1-1
    thisistheshow 5-2-1
    zippcity 4-3-1
    Bullsitter 4-3-1
    Darin 1-2-1
    Brick 1-2-1
    VikingsDude 1-3
    stevek 0-2-1 (Only picks Eagles games)

W.C.Fields

I’m pissed I went with the Raiders, I almost changed it but didn’t want to jinx my Pats 🤷‍♂️

Cheers to Double D for keeping the standings 🍻👍👍

@perkdog said:
    Cheers to Double D for keeping the standings 🍻👍👍

Thanks perkdog, the math hasn't gotten too complicated yet. By week 16, I'll be confused trying to keep up with the numbers!