Home Sports Talk

What is dubious and unflattering about today's MLB ? .........besides being Home Run or bust?

MLBdaysMLBdays Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 31, 2020 4:27PM in Sports Talk

It's more likely to see two back to back home runs vs. two back to back doubles....thats where MLB is today.

Comments

• DarinDarin Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭✭✭

I hate the fact that now the player's are mic'ed up while they're on the field.(Lindor and Harper)
    Where are all the old timers(besides me) who think this is ridiculous?
    Players should be concentrating on the game, not talking to the idiot announcers.
    Would Earl Weaver have allowed this? Sparky Anderson?

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.

About the only reason I watch the Royals any more is to see Whit Merrifield play the game.

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.
  • 76collector76collector Posts: 986 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Darin you should watch your Royals tonight to see the Biebs throw !

I cannot hit curveball. Straightball I hit it very much. Curveball, bats are afraid.
    Collecting:
    post world war II HOF rookie
    76 topps gem mint 10 commons 9 stars
    Arenado purple refractors(Rockies) Red (Cardinals)
    successful deals with Keevan, Grote15, 1954, mbogoman
  • HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Darin said:
    I hate the fact that now the player's are mic'ed up while they're on the field.(Lindor and Harper)
    Players should be concentrating on the game, not talking to the idiot announcers.

I didn't know about this. Unbelievable.

@76collector said:
    @Darin you should watch your Royals tonight to see the Biebs throw !

Bieber was great tonight. And so was Brad Keller for the Royals.
    They both deserved a win but that's how it goes in baseball. :/

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21

@Hydrant said:

@Darin said:

I didn't know about this. Unbelievable.

I don't know how often they do it, but I watched a few innings of a couple games this weekend
    and one game Francisco Lindor was mic'ed up and the other game Bryce Harper was.
    One stupid question they asked Harper while he was in right field was 'How do your in season
    workouts compare to your off season workouts?' I'm thinking, can we please fire that announcer
    on the spot and get on with the game.

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
  • HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭

Been giving it some thought. About the players being mic'd up. Wouldn't it be great if they told us what they're REALLY thinking? Like,...... "Hey, that babe in the second row looks MIGHTY HOT!!!" Why, I'd tune in for that. And let me tell you boys and girls.....that's what they're REALLY thinking about. I know. I've spent a lot of time in the dugout. Been there done that. PLAY BALL!!!!!!!!