Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Which Mike Piazza RC is your got to? IF and when you were to buy Mike?......

He had the power and the Batting Average's annually for a catcher that were thru the roof.... at some point don't collectors have to retrace to this guy for his gift? Which card is your Piazza fave?

Which Mike Piazza RC is your got to? IF and when you were to buy Mike?......

Sign in to vote!
This is a public poll: others will see what you voted for.

Comments

• ScoobyDoo2ScoobyDoo2 Posts: 839 ✭✭✭✭✭
    the Ultra Low pop (31) Donruss Rookie Phenoms

Aesthetically and for return I'd mos def take the Rookie Phenom '92 Donruss...... Piazza was such an offensive force and likely roided which makes me think a lot more roided fellas are getting into the HOF.

• NGS428NGS428 Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    the '92 Bowman (pop 1743)

Gotta go with the 92 Bowman. Only base card he had in 92, so that is the main reason for me. Love the picture and 92 Bowman is the set that really started what Bowman is all about today.

92 FU would be my 2nd choice.

• JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭✭

Low pop or not, I like the Rookie Phenoms card best.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,516 ✭✭✭✭✭

Man, Mike was lucky to escape from that 92' Bowman set with a decent card. That set is rough on the eyes.

• LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

For me personally, I'll always take the condition sensitive, colored border, low pop. For the most bang for your buck and likely future appreciation, 92B all the way. I guess it depends what you're looking to do with it.

• ScoobyDoo2ScoobyDoo2 Posts: 839 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 29, 2020 11:38AM

Piazza absolutely got off "scot free" with that catcher gear shot......lucky guy.... that '92 Bowman set is hideous.... poor Mariano came to his MLB debut in that circus tent.

• NGS428NGS428 Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 29, 2020 2:19PM
    the '92 Bowman (pop 1743)

@doubledragon said:
    Man, Mike was lucky to escape from that 92' Bowman set with a decent card. That set is rough on the eyes.

A hitchhiker with a bat. Yeah I typically try to not pick up one who has a visible weapon. Guessing Joe is still sitting there after 28 years...

• mrmoparmrmopar Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭✭

Even if the looks were popular then, WHY? If some of them had no MLB uniform photos, then go with a minor league photo.
    Street clothes on a sports card = stupid!

My favorite would be the Bowman. Great image. As mentioned it is a true first card available to all and the scarcity of that issue from the beginning helps build the case for it, like the 84 Donruss before it.

Too bad the Dodgers didn't keep him longer...

@doubledragon said:

I collect Steve Garvey, Dodgers and signed cards. Collector since 1978.
  • bobbybakerivbobbybakeriv Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭✭

My vote is the Bowman. To me, that is Piazza's true RC. I remember way back in the day, my girlfriend gave one to me for my birthday. I still have it. It is O/C for sure but back then grading wasn't a big deal at all.

• craig44craig44 Posts: 10,390 ✭✭✭✭✭
    the '92 Fleer Update (pop 714)

i always loved the fleer update.

George Brett, Bobby Orr and Terry Bradshaw.