Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Walker pick up...Keeping it in the family...Better pics

joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 14,866 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 12, 2020 11:01AM in U.S. Coin Forum

Walker variety? Missing Initials 1945p NGC ms 64 50c / NGC Slab beat up. Not to worry, will crossover to our Host's!

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.

Comments

• Options
    mannie graymannie gray Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice eye @joeykoins !
    From the images it looks like you have a nice solid coin there.
    And being a long long time Walker aficionado, I can unfortunately tell you that despite being cool, the missing initials varieties have yet to gain serious traction among either variety guys or Walker fans.☹️

• Options
    JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,813 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice!

• Options
    291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,938 ✭✭✭✭✭

Leave it as it is. It is just a common date MS64 Walker. Don't spend any more money on it.

All glory is fleeting.
  • Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 31,912 ✭✭✭✭✭

@291fifth said:
    Leave it as it is. It is just a common date MS64 Walker. Don't spend any more money on it.

I guarantee he will cross it.

• Options
    ChrisH821ChrisH821 Posts: 6,328 ✭✭✭✭✭

That slab took a beating. Coin looks nice though from what I can tell from the images. Looks like a good strike with a full thumb.

Collector, occasional seller

• Options
    SmudgeSmudge Posts: 9,250 ✭✭✭✭✭

The coin is fine as it is. I would leave it alone.

• Options
    WalkerfanWalkerfan Posts: 8,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 10, 2020 5:47PM

Looks like someone took a bite out of that slab! :D

It never ceases to amaze me what people do to those things! :o

I would normally tell you to leave it alone, but that one needs reholdered, so why not an upgrade and variety attribution, while you're at it?!

Nice Walker. Great strike and surfaces. <3

“I may not believe in myself but I believe in what I’m doing” ~Jimmy Page~

My Full Walker Registry Set (1916-1947)

https://www.ngccoin.com/registry/competitive-sets/16292/

• Options

@jmlanzaf said:

I would like to have the Variety designation (Missing Initials) on the slab, as well as, I rather have the coin in our Host's plastic than anyone else's. I tend to choose PCGS over all! ;)

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Options
    MFeldMFeld Posts: 12,050 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

@291fifth said:

I’m guessing you meant “I guarantee he will try to cross it”. But you can’t guarantee even that.

Mark Feld* of Heritage Auctions*Unless otherwise noted, my posts here represent my personal opinions.

• Options
    coinbufcoinbuf Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭✭

You just cannot make this stuff up.

My Lincoln Registry
    My Collection of Old Holders

Never a slave to one plastic brand will I ever be.
  • Options
    ElKevvoElKevvo Posts: 4,063 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice coin...good luck with the crossover!

K

ANA LM
  • Options

@mannie gray I can unfortunately tell you that despite being cool, the missing initials varieties have yet to gain serious traction among either variety guys or Walker fans.☹️

Well, when any Variety is published in the famous and well credible Cherry Pickers' Guide, I am very interested! :)

• Options
    mannie graymannie gray Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭✭✭

@joeykoins said:

@mannie gray I can unfortunately tell you that despite being cool, the missing initials varieties have yet to gain serious traction among either variety guys or Walker fans.☹️

Well, when any Variety is published in the famous and well credible Cherry Pickers' Guide, I am very interested! :)

I don't disagree with you...
    It's just that my experience shows that with very few exceptions (two come to mind..the 42 DDR and 46 DDR) Walker varieties are a tough sell.

• Options
    edited August 10, 2020 9:08PM

These Initial varieties are pretty interesting. I also like the "Hand Engraved" Initials as well. Any Initial related variety coin, to me, are vital in any series. Not only in this series (Walkers) but how about the popular Lincoln Cent 1909s V.D.B. ? or the Kennedy "No FG" 1966 SMS? How about the Indian Nickel? The letter, "F" under the date? All these I mentioned, have some sort of premium, don't they? I look and search for all of these. ;)

• Options
    edited August 10, 2020 8:36PM

• Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭

@291fifth said:

Yes.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice looking WLH.... Let us know how the 'crossover' goes...Cheers, RickO

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,505 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good eye and catch

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 31,912 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MFeld said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@291fifth said:

I’m guessing you meant “I guarantee he will try to cross it”. But you can’t guarantee even that.

Well, if you read the rest of the thread...

• Options
    crazyhounddogcrazyhounddog Posts: 13,810 ✭✭✭✭✭

Missing designers initials is a cool and rare variety and is collected by many.
    A VERY nice walker my coin brother👍

The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
  • Options
    edited August 12, 2020 11:02AM

This time, an ANACS. 1944s ms 63

???

Partial Missing Initials

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file