Options

Pick your AL and NL MVP thus far......

MLBdaysMLBdays Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭✭✭

AL ~ Judge
NL ~ Tatis, Jr.

Comments

• Options
    ScoobyDoo2ScoobyDoo2 Posts: 839 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think you are not too far off with either choice here......If Judge can manage to stay on the field without injury is the key.... of course it's only 60 games give or take a couple Covid 19 throwaways but hey an MVP will be put on someone's resume.... Judge got ripped off from Altuve if those boys were in fact cheating in '17... so this would be a nice makeup..... In the NL I think it's just a matter of time b4 Tatis is hitting 2nd or 3rd every night..... Machado looks average so far in SD.... maybe below average for him..... Manny should be hitting .310 with 35 and 110 every season.

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,216 ✭✭✭✭✭

Too early

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭

Too early.

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,308 ✭✭✭✭✭

Now its not too early.

Freddie Freeman in the NL and it shouldn't even be debatable.

.352 BA. .465 OBP. .665 Slug. 1.118 OPS.

Two weeks ago the guy was going really good, then he went into warp drive!

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.
  • Options

The first sentence in this article never would have made sense before this year...................

ATLANTA (AP) — Freddie Freeman hit a two-run homer to lead off the 11th inning and the Atlanta Braves beat the Boston Red Sox 8-7 on Friday night to clinch the No. 2 seed in the National League playoffs.

Freeman's homer off Jeffrey Springs (0-2) drove in Ender Inciarte, who started the inning on second base, and bolstered the Braves slugger's case for the NL MVP Award.

“He absolutely should,” Braves manager Brian Snitker said about Freeman winning MVP. “The guy is having an unbelievable year. ... He checks all the boxes.”

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.
  • Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Darin said:
    Now its not too early.

You're right, it's not debatable: Juan Soto is leading the NL in all of those categories.

• Options
    ernie11ernie11 Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think Freeman will still win it. In the AL, Abreu is a good choice.

• Options

@Tabe said:

@Darin said:
    Now its not too early.

You're right, it's not debatable: Juan Soto is leading the NL in all of those categories.

Actually when I posted that I didn't realize how great a season Juan Soto was having
    and Freeman has a teammate having a monster year at the plate also but he's the DH
    so I doubt if he wins. Fernando Tatis slumped the last couple of weeks so I think he
    dropped out of the MVP hunt. Machado should get some votes.
    Soto or Freeman, either one would be a good choice.

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21