Home Precious Metals

$̶2̶5̶ $30 Silver

Comments

• blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭✭✭

Please transpose the numbers from $25 to $52 so I can rid myself of all this gutter metal for once and all. Thanks!

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

• LukeMarshallLukeMarshall Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ooo, if it’s predictin’ times I’m gonna say $30 before $20

It's all about what the people want...

• TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,796 ✭✭✭✭✭

So about $25. Will it sit here for another ten years ?

• derrybderryb Posts: 36,118 ✭✭✭✭✭

chart shows it at $25 only four times over past ten years. Silver doesn't sit still.

The decline from democracy to tyranny is both a natural and inevitable one.

@derryb said:
    chart shows it at $25 only four times over past ten years. Silver doesn't sit still.

Correct, historically it sits well south of $20. lolz

@blitzdude said:

@derryb said:

Correct, historically it sits well south of $20. lolz

I've been a buyer on the dip and a seller there too, for decades. Dirty business.

• jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,308 ✭✭✭✭✭

At $25.12, and it being not quite mid-October - I'd say that $29 silver is still up for grabs this year. I've been dithering a short while on making a buy, and it's already cost me maybe $4/oz just for my dithering.

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.

Has anyone noticed - it seems as if the premiums on silver are starting to decline?

I knew it would happen.
  • MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 12, 2020 10:00AM

@jmski52 said:
    Has anyone noticed - it seems as if the premiums on silver are starting to decline?

APMEX has single 2020 ASE for $6.99 over!

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • tincuptincup Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭✭✭

And Goldman is predicting $30 silver price target (not sure in what time frame):

"All in all, Goldman concludes that over the next 3 years solar should boost silver total industrial demand by 2% in the base case and by 9% in a bull case."

https://www.zerohedge.com/commodities/joe-biden-about-send-silver-soaring

----- kj

yeah, if you name a price just never name a time it will hit that number. one day. one day.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions

@MsMorrisine said:

@jmski52 said:

APMEX has single 2020 ASE for $6.99 over!

That's been my price since my cost for monster boxes went from $3.95 over spot to $6 over plus shipping. And that's since March. Premiums aren't dropping, despite fluctuating prices.

edited October 13, 2020 9:40AM

@TwoSides2aCoin said:

That's been my price since my cost for monster boxes went from $3.95 over spot to $6 over plus shipping. And that's since March. Premiums aren't dropping, despite fluctuating prices.

boxes currently $5.50 over spot at APMEX and $4.59 over spot at dbscoins.

• OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

@derryb said:

@TwoSides2aCoin said:

It pays to shop around and do your homework. ;)

"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • tincuptincup Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭✭✭

And one ebay seller has a monster box for $13,938 with free shipping... works out to $3.90 over spot per coin?

----- kj

ebay BIN's from the "big boys"
    Liberty...........$14,039
    APMEX.....$14,080
    DBX..........$14,181
    Bullion Exchange.....$14,271

which equals to around $4.00 over spot

• carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭✭

I passed on 3 strapped 2015 SAE Monster Boxes in April this year for $9650 ea. :'(

Loves me some shiny!
    edited October 16, 2020 9:02AM

@carew4me said:
    I passed on 3 strapped 2015 SAE Monster Boxes in April this year for $9650 ea. :'(

It is known that a limited number of 2014-2017 ASEs were actually struck at either the Philly or the San Francisco mint. Some 2015s were actually attributed as P mint by the TPGs before the mint walked back on its method of identifying the Philly boxes. It seems the black marker serial number that the mint writes on each green box can be used to determine where the coins were struck. However, the mint has corrected itself at least once on the S/Ns it provided. CoinWorld has a few archived articles on this, but no definitive method of identification.

I've got a 2012 monster box with the San Francisco seal. Probably worth less, since I have it.

@derryb said:

@TwoSides2aCoin said:

Well Yes. When the rush dies down so premiums drop.

• BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes premiums reflect the level of urgency to buy some silver and hurry up and put it away in your lock box where it is useful

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• TPGSTPGS Posts: 207 ✭✭✭

@Baley said:
    Yes premiums reflect the level of urgency to buy some silver and hurry up and put it away in your lock box where it is useful

Why does it have to be " useful "?
    All of my assets are not useful. I need/want my assets to sit down, shut up and make me some money.

Which will come first.....$20 or $25?

My guess? Neither this year.

Once again, my crystal ball got it wrong....silver hit $25 today....still batting 100% in my predictions B)

edited November 5, 2020 3:02PM

woo

$25 on the rollercoaster.

it's the silver wave!

zzroller coaster
    zzrollercoaster

Next stop $30.

@TPGS said:
    Next stop $30.

Perhaps $0.30? They don't call it gutter metal for nothing.

they? or Them?

• BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 7,940 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MsMorrisine said:
    they? or Them?

Well we had This,That, and The Other.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".

Once again, my crystal ball got it wrong....silver hit $25 today....still batting 100% in my predictions B)

Silver is much akin to being in a rowboat in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean. At night.

I knew it would happen.

@jmski52 said:

Silver is much akin to being in a rowboat in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean. At night.

I remember when gold & silver got all Drakes Passage in a row boat many years ago.
    Thats when it hit $1000/$50. :*

• AzurescensAzurescens Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 7, 2020 7:16PM

@jmski52 said:

Hmm, gold and silver premiums continue to rise despite the fixed metals markets.

Not sure how things are going for you guys. But I just had a slew of my watchlist disappear on Ebay and all my overpriced coins sold (all the stuff meant to just sit pretty). Like raw $450-$500 au slider quarter eagles and $350 G$1.

There was a slight dip or maybe like 3 to 4 weeks ago, but since then, things have been pretty wild. It was also clear that inventories for major sellers swelled a couple weeks ago. Seemed like 3 or 4 big guys all reloaded at once.

I checked my wholesalers and even they dont have anything. "Nobody" seems to wanna sell. I logged in to check the BST but no surprise it's pretty picked over.

There appears to be another "sudden demand" in progress.

Sold more which means I have to buy more.... For more :blush:

I logged in to check the BST but no surprise it's pretty picked over.

Excellent news, maybe that will motivate me to get off my duff and sell what I've been too lazy to list for about 2 years. ;)

I knew it would happen.
  • softparadesoftparade Posts: 9,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

@blitzdude said:

@TPGS said:
    Next stop $30.

Perhaps $0.30? They don't call it gutter metal for nothing.

Ouch

ISO 1978 Topps Baseball in NM-MT High Grade Raw 3, 100, 103, 302, 347, 376, 416, 466, 481, 487, 509, 534, 540, 554, 579, 580, 622, 642, 673, 724__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ISO 1978 O-Pee-Chee in NM-MT High Grade Raw12, 21, 29, 38, 49, 65, 69, 73, 74, 81, 95, 100, 104, 110, 115, 122, 132, 133, 135, 140, 142, 151, 153, 155, 160, 161, 167, 168, 172, 179, 181, 196, 200, 204, 210, 224, 231, 240

• AzurescensAzurescens Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 8, 2020 4:05PM

@derryb said:
    There appears to be another "sudden demand" in progress.

So much gold disappeared last night! I didn't think maples could get any thinner. Quarter eagles are floating around $450-$500 for AU sliders in plastic. $5 seem to be around $700-$750 for the same. $10 low MS are around $1200 now, are you kidding lol.

MS coins are wild. There are still amazing prices out there. Market is so hot both buyers and sellers are making out.

Yeah was talking about this last night with the wife. If that wave of 2020 bullion didnt come a few weeks ago, there'd be next to nothing left right now. Please don't tell her but I think she's right.

Things are about as bad right now as I thought they would've been in March. Sadly these last 9 months have been nothing compared to what we are in for. The variants are more contagious and more deadly. People are running out of money and fractional silver is becoming much more popular exactly like I said it was gonna.

Did you guys see all the 90% get wiped out too? Sort some categories by Newly Listed and none are older than 6h. Hahahaha.

"Bloodbath." Has reality hit the PM market?

not sure about reality.

i am also wondering if the fun is over or is buying op ahead.

". . .come on bonus bucks."

The bottom is in, next stop $30, then $35

I think we need to, once again, hit $25 first ;) What price range do you consider "the bottom is in?"

edited December 3, 2020 7:38AM

recent lows are the bottom. For the past five years year-end selloffs have led to new-year rallies. And, like rust, inflation is slowly spreading.

$24 looks like the ceiling. Where are you getting alternate facts ? Fortune tellers ?

@TwoSides2aCoin said:
    $24 looks like the ceiling. Where are you getting alternate facts ? Fortune tellers ?

$24 is next week's bottom.

Fact: For past five years year-end selloffs have led to new year rallies.
    Fact: Inflation is slowly spreading.

Don't need a fortune teller to read the tea leaves. LOL

• hchcoinhchcoin Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hope you are right

• PocketArtPocketArt Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭✭✭

@derryb said:

@TwoSides2aCoin said:

$24 is next week's bottom.

Fact: For past five years year-end selloffs have led to new year rallies.
    Fact: Inflation is slowly spreading.

Don't need a fortune teller to read the tea leaves. LOL

Hope you're right too.

2020 has been the year of inverse relations, and broken fundamental realities sprinkled with a dash of, "can you believe this"?

I'm no expert, but times are truly WTF. That said, I'd predict a sharp breakdown, or, sharp melt-up. Why? It seems in these times we are either going down with the ship, or, going to the moon!

The media narrative seems to be the driver in all of this...I'd like to see fear taken out of the equation for a true picture that may get us closer to fundamentals because I don't think investors want to be directed by media-hype driven markets...we are stuck with this I guess.

The binary state. :(

• JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,767 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm holding.