Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Personal Running PSA Order tracker - 10/29 Scans of 80s shutout added to thread

rexvosrexvos Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 3, 2020 6:38AM in Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Since I have what is to me a large volume of subs out to PSA I figured I would make a list of what I have out and update as things progress. Oldest first

Sub# 21763512 Logged 01/29/2020 (134 Card bulk) ****your PSA grades are available 8/8/2020****
Sub# 21786684 Logged 03/06/2020 (225 Card bulk) ****your PSA graded are available 8/27/2020***
Sub# 21832365 Logged 06/08/2020 (143 Card Ultra Modern) *****Grades available 9/29*****
Sub# 21832606 Logged 06/08/2020 (162 Card Modern) **** 10/13/2020 pop***
Sub# 21838010 Logged 06/15/2020 (46 Card 1980s Special) *******10/27 grades posted ****
Sub# 21882986 Logged 08/05/2020 (3 card review) ****Scans posted****
Sub# 21891959 Logged 08/13/2020 (43 card 1980s Special ) Research and ID recvd 6/19
Sub# 21892404 Logged 08/13/2020 (138 card Modern Sub) Research and ID recvd 6/19
Sub# 21896708 Logged 08/17/2020 (74 card 1980s Special) Research and ID recvd 6/23
Sub# 21896723 Logged 08/17/2020 (123 card Modern) Research and ID recvd 6/23
Sub# 21898868 Logged 08/19/2020 (72 card 1980s Special) Research and ID recvd 7/1
Sub# 21914956 Logged 09/01/2020 (15 card Platinum Renewal) ****Grading****
Sub# 21950720. Logged 09/29/2020 ( 7 card Economy) ****Grading****^
Sub# 21967354. Logged. 10/132020 (124 Card Modern) Research and ID
Sub# 21967351 Logged 10/13/2020 (106 Card Ultra Modern) Research an d ID
Sub# 21967436 Logged 10/13/2020 (20 Card Griffey & Trout Special)) Research and ID

Hopefully I will have an update on at least one of these in the near future.

Looking for FB HOF Rookies

Comments

• Options
    76collector76collector Posts: 986 ✭✭✭✭✭

The "received not logged" list is bothersome. I feel like they should give a discount when we send stuff, it arrives at their facility and they don't do anything with it for weeks, and in your case almost a month.

I cannot hit curveball. Straightball I hit it very much. Curveball, bats are afraid.
    Collecting:
    post world war II HOF rookie
    76 topps gem mint 10 commons 9 stars
    Arenado purple refractors(Rockies) Red (Cardinals)
    successful deals with Keevan, Grote15, 1954, mbogoman
  • Options
    bobbybakerivbobbybakeriv Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭✭

That's a lot of orders! Good luck with them and I hope they get them done pronto.

• Options

@76collector said:
    The "received not logged" list is bothersome. I feel like they should give a discount when we send stuff, it arrives at their facility and they don't do anything with it for weeks, and in your case almost a month.

I will skip the discount for just a consistent fair grade on each card. I do not need anything to skate by. I just want a consistent fair grade. My last few orders I feel that it was not the consistency I had seen in the past. Maybe it is just bad luck.

• Options
    ElvisPElvisP Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭

Wow you can see why PSA can’t keep up. Just one person sends hundreds of cards in a month. I’m sure other peeps are sending in thousands per month.

• Options
    sayheywyosayheywyo Posts: 447 ✭✭✭✭

Wow... That end of January sub suggests that a person won't see a return until 2021 if sending in a bulk sub now. I don't see new club members being patient for bulk submissions. And then they'll be disappointed when the grades are popped. It is was it is. On a positive note, you should have 6-7 orders arriving within a two week period. Best of luck.

• Options

@sayheywyo said:
    Wow... That end of January sub suggests that a person won't see a return until 2021 if sending in a bulk sub now. I don't see new club members being patient for bulk submissions. And then they'll be disappointed when the grades are popped. It is was it is. On a positive note, you should have 6-7 orders arriving within a two week period. Best of luck.

If PSA worked on a first in first out policy this would be true. They do not. The hope is also going forward with them streamlining the submissions into Vintage / Modern / Ultra Modern this should also improve lead times. The only problem is they have been drinking from a fire hose before Covid hit. Then everything was amped up even more with Covid. I travel for my job usually. I have not travelled since mid March. That is a lot more time in the evenings to look through stuff to grade. I am assuming that is the case with others seeing new schedules with more downtime.

• Options
    sayheywyosayheywyo Posts: 447 ✭✭✭✭

@rexvos

It is crazy that PSA does not work first in first out on submissions. Guess they have to keep the heavy hitters happy. I've been a club member for 20+ years and have subbed just under 50 times. In other words: a loyal customer and an actual nobody to them.

• Options

@sayheywyo said:
    @rexvos

It is crazy that PSA does not work first in first out on submissions. Guess they have to keep the heavy hitters happy. I've been a club member for 20+ years and have subbed just under 50 times. In other words: a loyal customer and an actual nobody to them.

I am just as much as a nobody. I could double my submissions or stop submitting altogether and they would not notice either way.

• Options
    thehallmarkthehallmark Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭

Rexvos I put together a 100+ card bulk order on the 10th. After a re-examination I pulled a couple cards last minute today. Now I login and can't find a way to display that order so that I can edit it. I would love to not have to start over from scratch. Any idea how to find my unfinalized order??

• Options

@thehallmark said:
    Rexvos I put together a 100+ card bulk order on the 10th. After a re-examination I pulled a couple cards last minute today. Now I login and can't find a way to display that order so that I can edit it. I would love to not have to start over from scratch. Any idea how to find my unfinalized order??

If you did not finalize you should be able to go in and edit. If you did finalize it then you can change up to a few days after it. Just go in like you are doing another order and it should give you the option.

• Options
    blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

Didn't want to start a new thread and just have a simple question:

Got a measly 2 card order that right now is in "assembly". When will the grades actually be seen? Woulda thought after it left the "grading" phase of the pizza tracker, but guess not.

• Options
    miwlvrnmiwlvrn Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭✭✭

@blurryface said:

Got a measly 2 card order that right now is in "assembly". When will the grades actually be seen? Woulda thought after it left the "grading" phase of the pizza tracker, but guess not.

It is entirely possible to have your order hung up in Assembly stage for a few months or more with no movement to QA/QC 1 & 2, so nothing to do but wait as the date of grade reveal is unpredictable.

• Options

so what stage is the grade revealed?

• Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

@blurryface said:

Shortly after it hits Shipping

• Options
    thedutymon11thedutymon11 Posts: 636 ✭✭✭✭

@miwlvrn said:

@blurryface said:

It is entirely possible to have your order hung up in Assembly stage for a few months or more with no movement to QA/QC 1 & 2, so nothing to do but wait as the date of grade reveal is unpredictable.

I have one in Assembly, that its either week 6 or 7 its been paused there! It went From R & I, through Grading, to Assembly in TWO days!

YeeHah!

Neil

• Options

@LarkinCollector said:

@blurryface said:

Shortly after it hits Shipping

So another 6 months. Got it.

• Options
    WalkinDudeWalkinDude Posts: 81 ✭✭✭

@AFLfan said:
    Here is an article that I posted to the PSA blog recently. It doesn't answer all of the questions in this thread, but it does give some ideas on how things can get delayed. I can also say that big investments (time, money and manpower) are being made in an effort to speed up turnaround times. We see the issues, hear your frustrations and are trying to find ways to improve the process. Whether you submit daily, monthly or rarely, your submissions matter.

https://blog.psacard.com/2020/07/15/the-challenges-of-ultra-modern-trading-cards/

Very Good article Todd - Thanks for posting it.

Patrick

• Options

@thedutymon11 said:

@miwlvrn said:

@blurryface said:

I have one in Assembly, that its either week 6 or 7 its been paused there! It went From R & I, through Grading, to Assembly in TWO days!

YeeHah!

Neil

Right there with you guys - skipped grading to assembly over a month ago on 136 card sub.

• Options
    olb31olb31 Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have been advocating for PSA to just shut down new orders for a month (August, maybe) and just get caught up. California has shut down so many times that it's hard to have all their employees there. Set up three shifts, so everyone can get paid and just grade what they have. They don't get paid until it's mailed out any way, so new orders at this point are doing them no good revenue wise (unless of course they are using the accrual method and just recording the revenue as electronic submissions are received).

Work hard and you will succeed!!
  • Options
    Kep13Kep13 Posts: 515 ✭✭✭

@AFLfan said:
    Here is an article that I posted to the PSA blog recently. It doesn't answer all of the questions in this thread, but it does give some ideas on how things can get delayed. I can also say that big investments (time, money and manpower) are being made in an effort to speed up turnaround times. We see the issues, hear your frustrations and are trying to find ways to improve the process. Whether you submit daily, monthly or rarely, your submissions matter.

https://blog.psacard.com/2020/07/15/the-challenges-of-ultra-modern-trading-cards/

good information -- thx

• Options

@olb31 said:
    I have been advocating for PSA to just shut down new orders for a month (August, maybe) and just get caught up. California has shut down so many times that it's hard to have all their employees there. Set up three shifts, so everyone can get paid and just grade what they have. They don't get paid until it's mailed out any way, so new orders at this point are doing them no good revenue wise (unless of course they are using the accrual method and just recording the revenue as electronic submissions are received).

Good in theory. Almost impossible to implement.

• Options

Update to say oldest order hit grading today. Glad to see it. Hoping to get several to log soon

• Options

@rexvos said:

@76collector said:

I will skip the discount for just a consistent fair grade on each card. I do not need anything to skate by. I just want a consistent fair grade. My last few orders I feel that it was not the consistency I had seen in the past. Maybe it is just bad luck.

Think I just got your recent grader. :'( Hoping it doesn't continue with my larger bulks there now.

• Options

@LarkinCollector said:

@rexvos said:

@76collector said:

Think I just got your recent grader. :'( Hoping it doesn't continue with my larger bulks there now.

I things have just tightened up across the board. Would have zero problem with super tight standards if that was the case historically but we all know it is a moving target.

• Options

@rexvos said:

@LarkinCollector said:

@rexvos said:

@76collector said:

I things have just tightened up across the board. Would have zero problem with super tight standards if that was the case historically but we all know it is a moving target.

Tracking flip numbers of this era to look for undergraded cards could be quite profitable in the future ;) Having subbed through a few of these cycles now, it seems whenever there is a surge of new graders, there's a higher percentage chance of complaints from grades being too tight.

• Options
    edited July 24, 2020 7:59PM

@LarkinCollector i was thinking the same. I’m not sure when these were graded but saw them on eBay and felt bad for the guy. Especially on the Ripken. Unless it has spider wrinkles how the hell does that card only grade a 5. Honestly the Rickey looks like a 6 and Murray a 5 at least and the Ripken a 7 or 8. I feel like they are killing you if you send in a semi-modern card like 75-87ish if they aren’t absolutely perfect. Corner ding ? That’s a 6 now. Used to be an 8.

I cannot hit curveball. Straightball I hit it very much. Curveball, bats are afraid.
    Collecting:
  • Options

Pic is too small. Here is a bigger one.

Collecting:
  • Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭

@olb31 said:

Shutting down for a month wouldn't do any good. All it would do is create another backlog once they "opened" back up.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    jradke4jradke4 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭

so here are my orders from the last year and a half.

the two bulk orders are in R&D as well as the first one listed. the second order is in assembly. the smaller bulk order nearly all of the cards in there have been graded previously, so one wouldn't think R&D would take too long. more likely just sitting in a back corner. we can see which bulk order wins!!

Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Player/etc. Auto Set
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Options
    swish54swish54 Posts: 688 ✭✭✭✭

I had a bulk order logged 2/7 finally get out of R/I and into Grading yesterday.

• Options

Just from your example you have a decent chance of getting a small regular order getting proceessed fairly quickly. Economy, bulk etc, you can pretty much forget it.

• Options

@JoeBanzai said:

@olb31 said:

Shutting down for a month wouldn't do any good. All it would do is create another backlog once they "opened" back up.

I would think shutting down any service below regular at this point makes the most sense. It is controlled by the electronic forms so it should be easy to implement. Looks like they just updated the order entry delay to 7 weeks. it was 3 -4. It is terrible when you wait 6 weeks on the 3-4 delay and then they announce 7 which means it will probably be at least 8 weeks to enter.

That said why would they slow submissions, it is all revenue sitting in the receiving room which they will realize eventually. Shutting down would potentially cost revenue, what if there is a future lockdown or the next crisis? they are insulated a bit if they have the revenue waiting and people can't change their mind once it is shipped if the world changes again

• Options

Updated 7/28/20. Had a package arrive there Friday via USPS tracking. Still not showing in package locator. Now that begs the question what is the lead time of them now scanning packages in that they receive?

• Options

@dustinspeaks said:
    They're supposed to scan it when they receive it? My page still says no orders found.

No the box tracker section where you enter the tracking number

• Options
    robert67robert67 Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭✭

I have a reholder that is in package received status since 6/29 but has not been logged.

I understand this is most likely the type of service that is at the bottom of the list. However, it certainly would provide peace of mind if it were to be logged in soon.

• Options

I really wish I had not renewed my membership and instead sent the 2 or 3 cards I really wanted graded via express service. I would have them back by now instead of not even being logged. Unless something changes I will never renew again. I agree they should limit orders to regular or higher with a maximum of 25 per package. People sendIng hundreds and thousands of cards in at one time is what is killing them, IMHO. Just my 2 cents.

• Options

@swish54 said:
    I had a bulk order logged 2/7 finally get out of R/I and into Grading yesterday.

Only spent a couple days in grading and now into assembly.

• Options
    thedutymon11thedutymon11 Posts: 636 ✭✭✭✭

@swish54 said:

@swish54 said:

Samo Samo...Now in Assembly for going on 8 Weeks!

YeeHah!

Neil

• Options

@beachbumcollecting said:

@JoeBanzai said:

@olb31 said:

I would think shutting down any service below regular at this point makes the most sense. It is controlled by the electronic forms so it should be easy to implement. Looks like they just updated the order entry delay to 7 weeks. it was 3 -4. It is terrible when you wait 6 weeks on the 3-4 delay and then they announce 7 which means it will probably be at least 8 weeks to enter.

That said why would they slow submissions, it is all revenue sitting in the receiving room which they will realize eventually. Shutting down would potentially cost revenue, what if there is a future lockdown or the next crisis? they are insulated a bit if they have the revenue waiting and people can't change their mind once it is shipped if the world changes again

Shutting down any part of the process doesn't make sense in any way.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options

@thedutymon11 said:

@swish54 said:

@swish54 said:

Samo Samo...Now in Assembly for going on 8 Weeks!

YeeHah!

Neil

Ugh....I was hoping since it was finally moving through a couple of steps quickly, then that would continue...

• Options

A couple of small updates this week. Hit QA Check 1 Thursday on my sub I mailed at the end of December. (Sad thing is I looked at this one and all of the nice stuff is actually my sons)

Also noted that my platinum renewal was logged into the system. I am ready for my other subs to get logged just to start the arduous process

• Options
    mbothnermbothner Posts: 761 ✭✭✭

I have 3 submissions just sitting in QA2 and 2 more waiting for loggage from a month ago but the one that gets me is that I have a reholder submission that is 5 months old and just sits in research and id even though there is no research or id necessary for a reholder submission. Reholder submissions are suppose to have fewer wait days than other submissions because less work is required.

• Options

@mbothner said:
    I have 3 submissions just sitting in QA2 and 2 more waiting for loggage from a month ago but the one that gets me is that I have a reholder submission that is 5 months old and just sits in research and id even though there is no research or id necessary for a reholder submission. Reholder submissions are suppose to have fewer wait days than other submissions because less work is required.

It is maddening to say the least, but the good thing is the hobby is incredibly healthy in that PSA, BGS, and SGC are all slammed. I would personally never grade anything with SGC or BGS but glad to see that the demand for graded cards is through the roof.

• Options
    Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 4, 2020 3:38PM

@rexvos said:

@mbothner said:

It is maddening to say the least, but the good thing is the hobby is incredibly healthy in that PSA, BGS, and SGC are all slammed. I would personally never grade anything with SGC or BGS but glad to see that the demand for graded cards is through the roof.

I'm going to take an opposite side for a second.....maybe re-holders are the worst subs and require the most amount of work and time??? The reason I say this- does anyone have any idea how PSA or any grading company gets the cards out of the holders for reviews/reholders and crossovers?? I know how we the collectors get the cards out....and at times it is not easy. I've often wondered if this is a reason why almost nothing crosses on a true crossover especially on expensive cards. JUST Wondering and have no idea.>

• Options
    mbothnermbothner Posts: 761 ✭✭✭

@Mickey71 said:

@rexvos said:

@mbothner said:

I'm going to take an opposite side for a second.....maybe re-holders are the worst subs and require the most amount of work and time??? The reason I say this- does anyone have any idea how PSA or any grading company gets the cards out of the holders for reviews/reholders and crossovers?? I know how we the collectors get the cards out....and at times it is not easy. I've often wondered if this is a reason why almost nothing crosses on a true crossover especially on expensive cards. JUST Wondering and have no idea.>

>
    The actual wait times that PSA lists has a supposedly shorter wait time for reholder submissions than the other submission types. My reholder submission was logged 3/5/20 and has sat in research and id for many months.

• Options

@mbothner said:

Is there a stated time for turn around (well, there is actually no solid turnaround times for anything) on reholders?

The last reholder I sent in took longer than the grading submissions that accompanied it. I assume PSA lets them "pile up" until there are enough to justify having someone spend the time to do them.

Makes perfect sense.

Still very frustrating when the card is a mechanical error and was PSA's mistake.

• Options
    thehallmarkthehallmark Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭

Rex I've got a small order that is finished and has been in the final Shipping stage for over a week. I would have thought that would be the fastest stage to get through?! Every day I check and every day is shows Date Shipped: N/A. How much longer before I assume something is wrong and reach out?

• Options
    Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭✭

@mbothner said:

@Mickey71 said:

@rexvos said:

@mbothner said:

>
    The actual wait times that PSA lists has a supposedly shorter wait time for reholder submissions than the other submission types. My reholder submission was logged 3/5/20 and has sat in research and id for many months.

Mbothner,

I totally hear you that your reholder is taking forever. And I agree that I would not like it. Their stated turnaround times are estimates....and at times those estimates are quite broad. Also, the tracker is at times not accurate at all. I had a group completely skip steps and when I emailed CS the cards had to go back 2 steps. They literally went from ID to assembly. CS confirmed the error. The point that I was really trying to make was...How do any companies get the cards out of the holders? What if someone sent them a box with 500 reholders? How long would that take to do? Is it a completely manual process? The last reholder I sent in was seriously damaged and PSA had to compensate me for it.

• Options

@thehallmark said:
    Rex I've got a small order that is finished and has been in the final Shipping stage for over a week. I would have thought that would be the fastest stage to get through?! Every day I check and every day is shows Date Shipped: N/A. How much longer before I assume something is wrong and reach out?

At this point who knows. This is really a strange run we have seen with everything. I am trying to wrap my head around everything with this hobby. Exploding prices. Shutdowns. Record subs. Delays in shipping. It is a brave new world. I mailed out about 30 packages this week. I print the labels at home and drop off. None have been scanned into the USPS system. First time that has happened to me ever. Everything is new everday.