Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

MLB stars you shouldn't invest in ... collect 'em sure but invest ?

MLBdaysMLBdays Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭✭✭

We know a bunch of boppers that are stars but are a bad idea to buy ~ for some reason this type of stud just doesn't turn the corner despite the promise and if/when they do~ it is not consistent enough.......At the top of my list are:
Gary Sanchez
Rhys Hoskins
Marcell Ozuna
Byron Buxton
Miguel Sano
Khris Davis
Michael Conforto....................

WHo Else ya got?

Comments

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭

Buxton certainly appears to be a huge bust. Not because he lacks the talent, but he is hurt all the time.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    VagabondVagabond Posts: 551 ✭✭✭✭

I would certainly add Krist Bryant onto that list. He fizzled out and lost his power a while back but will always be popular with collectors and fans.

• Options
    maddux69maddux69 Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭✭✭

I haven't followed the prices too closely, but I would like to see how Aaron Judge cards have fared.

• Options

This is a pretty good list. More could be added, but I think more importantly I am excited to see so many good prospects with a couple of dozen players who could continue on to greatness. I remember well, the 90's up to the early 2000's; there just was not a lot of players to be excited about. Let's keep the Hall of Fame, great!

Previous CU user: jmmiller777
    Baseball HOFer's-PSA6+
    Heritage Sets
    Kellogg's Graded-PSA 8+
    60's Topps Sets-Raw
    Anything that Catches My Attention

• Options
    GreenSneakersGreenSneakers Posts: 908 ✭✭✭✭

Bryce Harper. Popular with kids and lots of collectors. But the further away from 2015 we get the more it looks like a hype machine for investment.

• Options
    GoDodgersFanGoDodgersFan Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭

Carlos Correa. Injury machine. Got hurt while getting a massage, no joke here.