Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

Delete

shagrotn77shagrotn77 Posts: 5,567 ✭✭✭✭

Delete.

"My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."

Comments

• Options
    orioles93orioles93 Posts: 3,463 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sweet Lebron. I have been considering doing the same exact thing. The prices they are going for recently make it hard not to consider doing it atleast. Good luck with whatever you choose!

What I Collect:

PSA HOF Baseball Postwar Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 77.97% Complete)

PSA Pro Football HOF Rookie Players Set Registry- (Currently 19.26% Complete)

PSA Basketball HOF Players Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 6.02% Complete)
  • Options
    DeutscherGeistDeutscherGeist Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭✭

You are not the only one that is contemplating similar with the prices these star cards/rookies are going for right now. Many on this board likely have a PSA 10 of some sky-rocketing card and it is tempting to cash in on a significant profit now. However, here are a few things to consider:

1. Would the money you receive be put towards much needed emergency need?
    2. Would the money go to some life-enhancing item (major car repair, new roof on house, new furniture, major home remodeling)?
    3. Is this one of your favorite players/cards that you searched for far and wide to finally find?
    4. If you have no pressing need for the money and things in your life are going well financially, do you just want to fatten the savings account so that you have several months to a couple years of reserve money to tap into in case of job loss or severe slow down?
    5. Do you have a duplicate of this card, so that it is easier to part with?

The most important thing is that you feel comfortable with your decision. There really is no right or wrong here. There are cards I have that took a lot of time and energy to find and have really gone up in value, but I really enjoy them and are the centerpiece of my collection. I also do not have a pressing need for an influx of cash, so I am going to hold. However, in my long collecting years, I have accumulated several duplicates of cards that I really liked and happen to have investment potential. I am contemplating selling a few of those to recoup some of what I already spent on the hobby and fatten up my emergency savings in case major car repair, medical need, etc. come up, I do not have to think about where the money would come from and simply look for the best place to get that professional service. Investing in peace of mind is part of investing in your health. Without health, you are limited to what you can do in life and nothing is worth compromising that. Having a hobby also enhances life by reducing stress, so do not part with one of your favorite cards if there is no urgent need to.

Good Luck! Feel free to keep this discussion going. It is always nice to get different viewpoints as it allows us to make a more informed decision and feel more comfortable with it.

"So many of our DREAMS at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we SUMMON THE WILL they soon become INEVITABLE "- Christopher Reeve

BST: Tennessebanker, Downtown1974, LarkinCollector, nendee
  • Options
    shagrotn77shagrotn77 Posts: 5,567 ✭✭✭✭

Thanks guys. To be clear, I'm looking for a trade partner or a buyer.

"My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."
  • Options
    GreedoguyGreedoguy Posts: 147 ✭✭✭

I'd be up, but I don't have anything that you would be interested in. Lebron is one of the few I put off buying and now, look at where I sit. I do have 10's of Duncan, Pierce, Nowitzki, Nash, Iverson....but no Lebron.

• Options
    DeutscherGeistDeutscherGeist Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭✭

Greedoguy, I am sure several of us still had cards we wanted but put off for one reason or another and now, it is practically too late. I mean, there is no telling if the peak has been reached and a correction will start, or if the prices will continue to rise and the following correction would not even reach the levels of right now. It may be a bargain to still buy now or it may be a set-up for disappointment in the near future.

"So many of our DREAMS at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we SUMMON THE WILL they soon become INEVITABLE "- Christopher Reeve

BST: Tennessebanker, Downtown1974, LarkinCollector, nendee