Home U.S. Coin Forum

eBay $25 supplies credit promotion 6/08 till 6/30/2020

jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 31,614 ✭✭✭✭✭

I received an email on one of my eBay counts offering me a $25 credit on eBay shipping supplies. The coupon code is "thankstoyou"

On a whim, I tried it on my other eBay account and it worked there as well even though I hadn't gotten the email on that account.

I don't know if it will work for you, but it's worth a try. There's no minimum purchase, so you can get some free stuff if it works.

Comments

• TreashuntTreashunt Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭✭✭

Is this just for supplies?

Sorry to sound stupid.

Frank

BHNC #203

• jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 31,614 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Treashunt said:
    Is this just for supplies?

Sorry to sound stupid.

yes

• U1chicagoU1chicago Posts: 5,552 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks like one needs to have an eBay store for it to work (didn't work for me). It's a useful coupon for those that do have some sort of eBay store.

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/ebay-store-owners-25-150-in-free-shipping-supplies-thankstoyou-thanksalot-thanksaton/

@U1chicago said:
    Looks like one needs to have an eBay store for it to work (didn't work for me). It's a useful coupon for those that do have some sort of eBay store.

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/ebay-store-owners-25-150-in-free-shipping-supplies-thankstoyou-thanksalot-thanksaton/

Yes. that's possible (likely). I have stores on both my accounts.

• amwldcoinamwldcoin Posts: 11,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm about ready to go into the box business! I'm not going to turn down free boxes...since I figure I'm paying for them in a round about way. But my basement is starting to fill up! Since the free shipping supplies started...I've accumulated 1000's of boxes!

@amwldcoin said:
    I'm about ready to go into the box business! I'm not going to turn down free boxes...since I figure I'm paying for them in a round about way. But my basement is starting to fill up! Since the free shipping supplies started...I've accumulated 1000's of boxes!

LOL. I have hundreds of bubbly envelopes. But they don't spoil. So I got 200 more for a total of $4.84. Pretty hard to turn down.

• ctf_error_coinsctf_error_coins Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sitting on over 700 bubble envelopes and will order 200 more when the ebucks promo kicks in ;)

• joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 14,787 ✭✭✭✭✭

Garbage!

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.

LOL! Until you need a box or whatever and have to pay for one! I actually got $50 worth!

@joeykoins said:
    Garbage!

• Cougar1978Cougar1978 Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looked over what they had nothing I wanted.

So Cali Area - Coins & Currency

That's strange! Those 4x4x6 boxes come in very handy. I use a lot of them!

@Cougar1978 said:
    Looked over what they had nothing I wanted.

• JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,767 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 14, 2020 6:40AM

You guys are pretty lucky!!! Good for you guys.

• TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,795 ✭✭✭✭✭

Free from eBay ? That's some funny stuff there.

• LanceNewmanOCCLanceNewmanOCC Posts: 19,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 14, 2020 6:59AM

here is the link to the supplies - https://www.ebay.com/str/ebayshippingsupplies

$25 credit for basic store owners with promo code THANKSTOYOU
    $50 credit for premium store owners with promo code THANKSALOT
    $150 credit for anchor store owners with promo code THANKSATON

New coupons will be available on the first day of each quarter (Jan 1, April 1, July 1, Oct 1).

<--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

• TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,795 ✭✭✭✭✭

@LanceNewmanOCC said:
    here is the link to the supplies - https://www.ebay.com/str/ebayshippingsupplies

$25 credit for basic store owners with promo code THANKSTOYOU
    $50 credit for premium store owners with promo code THANKSALOT
    $150 credit for anchor store owners with promo code THANKSATON

That's strange. I don't typically click on links but when I did , it took me to this page ( see screenshot) in my eBay app.
    No spam intended. A shameless promo, though :blush:

@amwldcoin said:
    LOL! Until you need a box or whatever and have to pay for one! I actually got $50 worth!

@joeykoins said:
    Garbage!

He's just throwing a tantrum because I suggested he put "garbage" coins all in one thread rather than start multiple threads. He's not commenting on the eBay supplies.

Since I start so few threads, this was the only recent one he could find.

• JimTylerJimTyler Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭✭✭

I got a free box of boxes and tape once. Still in the basement.

• derrybderryb Posts: 36,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 14, 2020 12:20PM

@joeykoins said:
    Garbage!

No, free poly padded envelopes that can also be used as bubble wrap packing.

The decline from democracy to tyranny is both a natural and inevitable one.

And on July 1, ebay stores will be eligible for the normal quarterly shipping supply coupon.

@TwoSides2aCoin said:

@LanceNewmanOCC said:

That's strange. I don't typically click on links but when I did , it took me to this page ( see screenshot) in my eBay app.
    No spam intended. A shameless promo, though :blush:

probably an ebay app thing. i've had some odd experiences with the app.

here is where the catapult shoulda sent ya. :D

<--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

• OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

Unfortunately, I could not find any PADDED poly envelopes on their website.

"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • bigjpstbigjpst Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭✭✭

They are out of stock on the air jackets it seems. That link shows pre sale?

@bigjpst said:

Yes, they are all back-ordered. I didn't interpret what @OPA was saying to mean that, but I suppose it could. Free's free. I'm willing to wait.

@jmlanzaf said:

@bigjpst said:

Yes, they are all back-ordered. I didn't interpret what @OPA was saying to mean that, but I suppose it could. Free's free. I'm willing to wait.

"0 available." Offer expires June 30. Free's not free when they are not available. Hopefully they will be available before then.

@derryb said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@bigjpst said:

"0 available." Offer expires June 30. Free's not free when they are not available. Hopefully they will be available before then.

When I ordered them they were just back-ordered though pre-sale. The order went through but they just haven't shipped.

@jmlanzaf said:

When I ordered them they were just back-ordered though pre-sale. The order went through but they just haven't shipped.

So, you got my envelopes?

@derryb said:

@jmlanzaf said:

So, you got my envelopes?

Lol. Not yet. Still pending.

I wonder if they are having trouble with the supplier due to the shut down. I've never seen them unavailable before

• OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

@derryb said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@bigjpst said:

No longer on a back order status...Will not allow you to order, but you can add it to your "watch list" :s

"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."

@OPA said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@derryb said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@bigjpst said:

No longer on a back order status...Will not allow you to order, but you can add it to your "watch list" :s

When I ordered them, they had sold 13,000. Now they are over 68,000 boxes of 100. Looks like the promo worked!

That's what y'all get for ignoring my posts. ;)

@OPA said:

No you can't

• thebeavthebeav Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭✭✭

I use my quarter order for supplies about every 5 quarters. There's only so much of this stuff that you can really use.
    I've never been one of those people that runs to get something just because it was attached to the word 'free'. That word doesn't even belong in the English language.
    Nothing is 'free'.....Not a thing, a cigarette, a doughnut, a cup of coffee or a shipping envelope.
    I suspect this promo will run it's course after the abusers trash it.

Nothing is 'free'.....Not a thing, a cigarette, a doughnut, a cup of coffee or a shipping envelope.

Well, that's sort of true. But you get the benefit for paying the store fees. So NOT taking them is like throwing money away.

And I'm sure if you listed them on ebay at half price or more they would sell! :-D

@jmlanzaf said:

Well, that's sort of true. But you get the benefit for paying the store fees. So NOT taking them is like throwing money away.

Air jacket (padded) envelopes now available in all three sizes (presale) for those with the $25 offer. Promo ends Tuesday night. You gotta commit to buy before you can plug in the $25 coupon code during checkout so be sure you got the emal from ebay that you are eligible. Email will take you to the coupon code. I believe it is for ebay stores only.

ebay shipping supplies to choose from

• ms70ms70 Posts: 13,946 ✭✭✭✭✭

I wonder if there will be eBay Bucks promo tomorrow to end the quarter.

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

if someone would take a moment and show me what i'm missing. aside from a couple thank you stickers, what is on the ebay supplies list that i cannot get for free from the USPS?

maybe there is a chance some of the odd size boxes could be used but anything really numismatically related that those size boxes could be used for would go into a flexible usps bubble flat rate or a small flat rate box.

i'm itchy to get something as you guys got me all excited about missing out~!

don't know why but i am NOT in love with the stuff with ebay all over it. partially a personatlity thing as i like thinks w/o a bunch of advertising/logos etc.

let me have it!

• jt88jt88 Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 28, 2020 10:53AM

I ordered some by June 12. It showed arrive by August 3. Wondering why takes so long?

Are you kidding? I use the 4x4x6 boxes every time I have an order of 2 or more slabbed coins. They have been a Godsend for me since I started selling my shell collection. I also use them when I have a group of coins that would stand out in a padded envelope(which I never use on the outside) because the box doesn't scream coins inside like a padded envelope! They don't weigh too much either. 2 Slabbed Barber halves in a padded 9x12 envelope inside the box weighs 6 ounces on the dime!

@LanceNewmanOCC said:
    if someone would take a moment and show me what i'm missing. aside from a couple thank you stickers, what is on the ebay supplies list that i cannot get for free from the USPS?

maybe there is a chance some of the odd size boxes could be used but anything really numismatically related that those size boxes could be used for would go into a flexible usps bubble flat rate or a small flat rate box.

i'm itchy to get something as you guys got me all excited about missing out~!

don't know why but i am NOT in love with the stuff with ebay all over it. partially a personatlity thing as i like thinks w/o a bunch of advertising/logos etc.

let me have it!

@LanceNewmanOCC said:

bubble wrap envelopes that can be sent first class.

ty guys for the tips!

@jt88 said:
    I ordered some by June 12. It showed arrive by August 3. Wondering why takes so long?

They were out of stock at one point. I ordered on the day I posted this (June 11th). They are scheduled for delivery tomorrow.

@derryb said:

@LanceNewmanOCC said:

That is what I usually buy. But they do have things like tape and other packing equipment. It is a bit overpriced by itself, but if you have the free credit you might as well use it if there is nothing else you want.

I was just cleaning up a bit and discovered that I have 600 eBay bubble envelopes piled up. LOL. I need to sell faster!

Because they are "free", I sometimes use two at a time to double wrap slabs. Because it is free, it is actually cheaper than the giant roll of bubble wrap that I have.

You could also use the small boxes to go 1st class for light things. USPS free boxes are automatic priority.

• airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 21,881 ✭✭✭✭✭

@derryb said:

@LanceNewmanOCC said:

Yup. I use a few of the eBay supplies:

1- Small padded mailers are great for raw coins which don't need significant protection so much as they just need something better than an envelope. I still use higher quality padded mailers for slabs, but I've saved a ton over the last few years by not needing to pay for the mailers that raw coins use.

2- The larger padded mailers come in handy for bulkier items that don't fit in the padded mailers I pay for, but are light enough to qualify for First Class mail. I could use a Priority Flat Rate padded envelope, but I can save a few bucks by using the eBay padded mailer, and maybe an additional piece of bubble wrap for a bit more protection.

3- Fiberglass-reinforced paper tape. It's the same stuff you get anywhere else, but here it's free.

4- I don't use a lot of shipping tape, but I haven't had to buy any in a long time since I get theirs for free. Even if I use extra to be absolutely sure the package is secure, I have a ton of it and it's not costing me anything to use.

I wouldn't fight to get the free shipping coupons if they weren't provided, but as long as they're there, they're well worth using.

JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research
    edited June 28, 2020 1:26PM

you guys don't have concerns about having ebay plastered all over the tape and boxes?

for some reason it "seems" to me to have please steal me written all over it. But if you guys haven't have any problems with that, knowing between you all, quite a lot of things get shipped, i guess i could just be paranoid.

tx again for the explanations and ideas.

• U1chicagoU1chicago Posts: 5,552 ✭✭✭✭✭

@LanceNewmanOCC said:
    you guys don't have concerns about having ebay plastered all over the tape and boxes?

for some reason it "seems" to me to have please steal me written all over it. But if you guys haven't have any problems with that, knowing between you all, quite a lot of things get shipped, i guess i could just be paranoid.

It's not too large, so you can tape over it (with dark tape) if you don't want the eBay logo to be seen.

@LanceNewmanOCC said:

I cut out my shipping labels so they are large, then cover "ebay" with them.

A package is a package and is used for nothing but merchandised. It's not like it has "Rolex" stamped on it.

@LanceNewmanOCC said:

98% of ebay items are not coins. An ebay envelope is more likely to contain office supplies than coins.

Why would you think an ebay package is more likely to bf ev stolen than an unlabeled identical package. In either case, a thief ignored iit's not a Christmas card, but also doesn't know what it is.

edited June 28, 2020 7:44PM

@jmlanzaf said:
    Why would you think an ebay package is more likely to bf ev stolen than an unlabeled identical package. In either case, a thief ignored iit's not a Christmas card, but also doesn't know what it is.

idk, notiriety? same with amazon etc. i'm logical most of the time but now and then.....

kablooop!

edited to add. i would have jumped on the bubble mailers, especially if they had around 3 different sizes but really the one thing i wanted. ugh

• airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 21,881 ✭✭✭✭✭

@LanceNewmanOCC said:

I think a small bubble mailer with an eBay purchase is much more likely to have a $3 piece of crap than a $300 coin. If anything, it's kind of the opposite of "steal me." That very nondescript package is probably more likely to contain something exciting. All of my labels say "Photographs Do Not Bend" on them. I guess that doesn't work for the occasional one that has something oddly shaped, but for a small package with a slab or two? Could just as well be photos with a piece of cardboard.

JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file