Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

"Auction" Ends For Louisiana Quarter.

wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,688 ✭✭✭✭✭
I am "auctioning" off right here on this thread a freshly graded 2002(p) Louisiana State Quarter grading PCGS-MS68!! Opening bid $10.25 with no reserve. Please bid in at least $1 (or more) increments. Feel free to bid for the coin right here on the thread or via PM to me and I'll post your bid (if you would like to be ananomous). "Auction" closes tomorrow (Saturday) morning at precisely 11:30 a.m. EST. If any confusion at all takes place, I reserve right to decide who wins the coin and my decision is final. Free shipping anywhere in the US. Let's have some fun! Does anyone open the bidding at $10.25? Wondercoin. P.S. I also posted an identical coin on ebay and that auction closes on Monday night.

PSS: This coin will be in the new PCGS FLAG HOLDER displaying a state flag of Louisiana on the front of the coin holder and all grading information and cert #s will be on the reverse of the coin.
Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.

Comments

• Options
    JJacksJJacks Posts: 759

Just for the fun of it, I will start the bidding at $15.00image

JJacks

Always buying music cards of artists I like! PSA or raw! Esp want PSA 10s 1991 Musicards Marx, Elton, Bryan Adams, etc. And 92/93 Country Gold AJ, Clint Black, Tim McGraw PSA 10s
  • Options
    BRdudeBRdude Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭
    I'll raise to $17.50 as a special gift to my Cajun Budimageimage
    AKA kokimoki
    the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed
    Join the NRA and protect YOUR right to keep and bear arms
    To protest against all hunting of game is a sign of softness of head, not soundness of heart. Theodore Roosevelt
    [L]http://www.ourfallensoldier.com/ThompsonMichaelE_MemorialPage.html[L]
  • Options
    braddickbraddick Posts: 23,112 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll raise it to $100.00.

peacockcoins

• Options
    Braddick: Thanks for the "big jump" bid. To make it interesting, I'll close this auction tomorrow morning (Saturday) at 11:30 a.m. EST instead of Monday night. And, to make it more interesting, I'll also toss in a 2001(p) Sac in PCGS-MS67 and a 2001(d) Kennedy Half Dollar in PCGS-MS67 as my free bonuses. Thanks guys. image Wondercoin. P.S. The new high bid is $125.
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options
    TWQGTWQG Posts: 3,145 ✭✭
    $136
  • Options
    dbldie55dbldie55 Posts: 7,719 ✭✭✭✭✭
    $8.75 -- face + plastic I missed the free bonuses. Better add $1.50 to that.... ( or an extra $17 for the plastic fee for the dollar and half) so... $27.25. Any more is robbery ( a crime for those law enforcement officials on the board)
    Collector and Researcher of Liberty Head Nickels. ANA LM-6053
  • Options
    dbldie55: Except when you are bidding $8,000 for a common date Jefferson nickel on ebay. Then the PCGS plastic really adds up fast and is well justified-hugh!! Did you ever figure out what you were thinking when you placed that $8,000 bid for a common date Jefferson nickel? Oh, let's not go there again. Wondercoin. image
  • Options
    I did not meet the reserve....the auction was meaningless...to all but you.....what this has to do with a state quarter I do not know...enlighten me.
  • Options
    I offer $150 + Paypal fee.

Edson
  • Options
    How long til this auction is over? Can someone snip it?
    Bill

The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.
  • Options
    Bill: New title says it all (11:30 am EST ending). Anyone can "snipe". Time will be recorded here. I decide who won. image Wondercoin
  • Options
    Thanks Edson. image Wondercoin
  • Options

<< <i>$8.75 -- face + plastic I missed the free bonuses. Better add $1.50 to that.... ( or an extra $17 for the plastic fee for the dollar and half) so... $27.25. Any more is robbery ( a crime for those law enforcement officials on the board) >>

-This from a collector who outbid me on a couple of PCGS MS67 State quarters on eBay just this week! And, your bid was much higher for a 67 then you are willing to go for this MS68? :confused::

peacockcoins

• Options
    "This from a collector who outbid me on a couple of PCGS MS67 State quarters on eBay just this week! And, your bid was much higher for a 67 then you are willing to go for this MS68? :confused::"

Pat: Don't you just love it!!

I also remember when I was selling those "silly" 2001 $5 Gold Cap Visitor Center (PCGS-MS70) coins on this board to forum members around 9-10 months ago at less than $450/coin for most. I think approx. (19) of them in total(?). A collector was nice enough to consign one back to me last week to post on ebay where it just ended at $1,625 delivered. Let's see: (19) x $450 = $8,550. vs. (19) x $1625 = $30,875. Braddick: Do you notice that no one EVER talks about modern coins like this one (and it appears even the MS69 coins are trading up to 3x-4x the govt. issue price now)?

Any other nice collectors out there care to consign one back to me? image Wondercoin.

• Options
    Moderns are an easy target. I've learned that those who make a hobby out of ripping into them is the equivalent to a Numismatic coward.

peacockcoins

• Options
    I will guarantee that I did not bid on a MS67 state quarter this week. Better double check your records. I did bid on MS66 state quarters. I paid $10 for the plastic, 25 cents for the quarters and a couple dollars for shipping. (aka: I bought the plastic, I do not consider the coins of any value higher than a quarter)
  • Options
    I apologize for calling them MS67's. So, they were MS66's? Do you have the auction LINK? I thought they were higher then $10.00 as the price is what keep me from bidding (that, and seeing you as high bidder I didn't want to bid on the same coin(s) you were competing for).

peacockcoins

• Options
    Braddick: Your point was still as valid (even more valid). He bid more for the MS66's than my opening bid on the MS68!! image Wondercoin.
  • Options
    I don't want a MS68 or MS67, considering the high bid listed was $136 when I responded, obviously my bid would not be accepted. I am building a MS66 set. I am not competing with anyone, I just want a matched set of plastic. I do not consider the coins to be worth anything over face. I am knowingly losing money buying them, but it is my choice. I do have complete sets of all "modern" circulating coins. I have nothing against these coins.

And this from someone who will pay more for a Poor coin than one in much higher condition:: confused::
  • Options
    dbdlie55- Do you know where I can find one of these that'll grade out at PCGS PO01??! I'd be happy to pay MS68 money for it! I'll even take one that'll grade out as AG03 or even GD04. See, I can buy these all day long and then some in MS66. So my PO01 is really a challenge. And, isn't that what a good part of collecting is? A challenge? I'm confused on the challenge of an MS66 set of these, if you feel the value is only .25 and your "buying the plastic" at $10.00++ a pop.
    We've dealt with each other before, so you know my address. My offer stands on paying MS68 money on any 2000 or 2001 or 2002 State quarter in VG08 (to make it even easier) or less.

peacockcoins

• Options
    "I am knowingly losing money buying them, but it is my choice."

I don't see anyone here chastising you for it. Wondercoin.
  • Options
    MarkMark Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Braddick:

If I am in your shoes, I'd put a time limit on your offer for a GD04 state quarter at 68 money because otherwise I'm off to buy a rock tumbler and dump a bunch of quarters into it. ( image!!!)

Somewhat more seriously, I was nosing around the population figures for modern coins and I noticed someone has encapsulated a XF45 1988-P dime and someone else has an AU55 1997-D dime. My only comment is that I sure hope these were the grades the collectors wanted...because otherwise I would sure be irritated by receiving these grades if I had submitted these coins!

Mark
    Mark

• Options
    Mark, I'm always amazed at some of the junk in PCGS holders. It isn't that PCGS didn't get it right, it is the submitters fault on most of this stuff. An XF 1988 dime? What was he/she thinking?
    Now, regarding the rock tumbler. I own one. You'll get AG coins out of them, but not gradable, PCGS (or NGC for that matter) AG coins.

No time limit on the VG/MS68 offer!

peacockcoins

• Options
    keithdagenkeithdagen Posts: 2,025
    Braddick,

Ever tried one of those tumblers that they use to clean spent brass at the gun ranges?
    Keith ™

• Options
    No, but that's the opporative word, "clean". No good for encapsulating these babies.

peacockcoins

• Options
    cladkingcladking Posts: 28,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Braddick:

As a child I'd walk around with a coin in my shoe for awhile. They'd lose
    a couple grades per week- - might be a little slower now. Surely a rock
    tumbler with a little sand in it would do the trick. And a coin carried as a
    pocket piece will lose about one grade per month.
    Tempus fugit.
  • Options
    Secret: I've got a submission going in this week to test it all.
    Remember that thread about rock tumblers a few weeks back? Someone linked the website and I bought one along with the kit.
    We'll see how it all goes.
    The only 'flaw' is the coins, well worn, have NO flaws!
    Also- when was the last time you saw a 1974-S 40% silver Ike in FN12?

It'll be interesting to see what happens (they all ship to a Service on Monday)...

peacockcoins

• Options
    pontiacinfpontiacinf Posts: 8,915 ✭✭
    oh boy do i wanna see this go...i think it will all be baggage as the rims will suffer damage also.

Go BIG or GO HOME. ©Bill