Home PSA Set Registry Forum

Calculating Grades within a registry set

Scooter261830Scooter261830 Posts: 55
edited May 26, 2020 1:13PM in PSA Set Registry Forum

I recently started a 1948 Bowman football set seeing I had 6 graded and was looking to add a badge.
When i added them to the set,my grade total was 3.816.How does PSA caculate the actual grade?
I thought it would be the cards total grades divded by the number of cards entered.
My grades were 4,6.5,3,5,5,and 6 when I divde the 6 cards by 29.5 i get 4.916.
Does it have something to do with the total amount of cards the set requires?

Comments

• DBesse27DBesse27 Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭✭✭

That’s a weighted GPA. The more difficult cards are weighted more heavily. If you go to the standings for that set and click on the composite link, it’ll show you the weights for each card.

Yaz Master Set
    #1 Gino Cappelletti master set
    #1 John Hannah master set

Also collecting: 1964 Venezuelan Topps, Patriots team HOFers, Andre Tippett, 1968 Venz Red Sox, 1974 Topps Sox

• ohhhhhhhhhh I see now...click on the checklist and each card has a weight assigned to it.
    So for a card weighted a 10 like the Sammy Baugh..because i have a 3 it becomes say 3?
    Does any grade get the same weight on some cards? A weight of 1.00...how would that weight change acording to a grade seeing the weight is so low? Man..this is harder to figure out than I thought :(

• Ok..I found a site where it explains it all out for me....each grade that goes up it gets times the weight.
    A grade 3 times 8=24 and so on.Thanks for responding :)

• DBesse27DBesse27 Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭✭✭

Right. So if you had a 3 with 10 weight and a 4 with 1 weight, your GPA would be 34 divided by 11

Yaz Master Set
    #1 Gino Cappelletti master set
    #1 John Hannah master set

Also collecting: 1964 Venezuelan Topps, Patriots team HOFers, Andre Tippett, 1968 Venz Red Sox, 1974 Topps Sox