Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Anybody pumped...Short Report!

joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 14,893 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 27, 2020 2:47PM in U.S. Coin Forum

Hi guy's, this Thursday starts the second leg of the Tinley Park coin convention. Anybody pumped to darken it's doors besides me? I'm only concerned for one reason. That 1943 jefferson I missed

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.

Comments

• Options
    JimTylerJimTyler Posts: 3,060 ✭✭✭✭✭

No

• Options
    goldengolden Posts: 9,069 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good luck!

• Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,540 ✭✭✭✭✭

Is Tinley Park near Vegas???

bob :)

Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    edited February 25, 2020 5:38PM

@AUandAG said:
    Is Tinley Park near Vegas???

bob :)

Lol, Tinley Park, Il. Tinley Park 's new slogan "What happens in Tinley, stays in Tinley!" :o

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

No, but I hope you find your Nickel and it is a variety.

• Options

My only chance is if that same vendor will be there. For the price he had on the coin was way too high for a common '43d Jefferson. If nobody seen what I seen on the coin, I have a chance that it'll still be there? The coin in it's condition, ms64, should only be priced at about $30 -$35. He had it priced at $90.

• Options
    amwldcoinamwldcoin Posts: 11,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

ANA show in Atlanta here. Hope the weather doesn't mess with the show up there.

• Options

@amwldcoin said:
    ANA show in Atlanta here. Hope the weather doesn't mess with the show up there.

Yeah, it suppose to be snowy here in the next 2 days.

• Options
    AlanLastufkaAlanLastufka Posts: 188 ✭✭✭✭

I used to live in Joliet, and if I still did I'd be there! But I moved to Oregon a few years ago.

• Options

@AlanLastufka said:
    I used to live in Joliet, and if I still did I'd be there! But I moved to Oregon a few years ago.

Wow, far from "The Blues Brothers" home! Lol

• Options
    2ndCharter2ndCharter Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭✭✭

No - I'll be at the Atlanta ANA.

Member ANA, SPMC, SCNA, FUN, CONECA

• Options

@2ndCharter said:
    No - I'll be at the Atlanta ANA.

Cool, a much bigger and important convention. Good luck and have fun.

• Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 25, 2020 8:59PM

What exactly is so special about the 1943 nickel that you missed? Grade, strike, steps, toning, mint mark, etc.? And how did you miss it in the first place? Did someone tell you about it and you're hoping it will be available this time around?
    P.S. From one Jefferson nickel guy to another......GOOD LUCK!

• Options

@Hydrant said:
    What exactly is so special about the 1943 nickel that you missed? Grade, strike, steps, toning, etc.? And how did you miss it in the first place?

It was a NGC ms64 1943d Jefferson nickel. The special aspect about the coin is the fact, to me, it appeared to be similar to the famous, 1943/2 variety! There is no 1943/2d. At least up until now? I let it stay on the owner's table
    I was hesitant to pull the trigger and buy it. Still am not 100% on the so called new variety? So I did not buy it.

• Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭

Let's hope you're right. Hope it's there and you snag it!

• Options

@Hydrant said:
    Let's hope you're right. Hope it's there and you snag it!

Thank you!

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good luck finding it again... and while there, check out PM's and other aspects of the show, and give us a show report. ;) Cheers, RickO

• Options
    edited February 27, 2020 3:56PM

Yep, "He who hesitates, is lost!" I just came back from the show. Unfortunately, the show was set up way different than last show. I couldn't find what table or owner that had the 1943 nickel! Oh well? My loss. I did scour the whole room though. Many new faces. Many new tables. Not as big as the previous. I must of searched through 50 slabs of the 1943d Jefferson nickels. Not one did have the 43/2 I seen a couple of weeks ago. Although, some did appear to have traces. I might venture out tomorrow? I found a slabbed Anacs 1930 2-Feather buff. In a VF grade. The owner was asking $130! Did not buy, just curious on the price. Kedzie Koins had the longest table. Steve is such a nice guy. He told me it is 50 years he's been at the same location. How many B+M shops hang around that long nowadays? Wow
    I like the fact that he uses the letter "K" to spell coins like I do in my name.

• Options
    edited February 28, 2020 3:43PM

Went back today! Had to buy something? What do ya dink?

Sorry, bad pics. Bought it for the cameo jefferson and the toned quarter. $17.

Even Kennedy has some slight toning. Anticipating to cut out of it's tomb? Should I? I know the coins will really POP!🤔

• Options
    edited February 29, 2020 12:24AM

They DID!!!

• Options
    yspsalesyspsales Posts: 2,232 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice... love me some proof sets!

BST: KindaNewish (3/21/21), WQuarterFreddie (3/30/21), Meltdown (4/6/21), DBSTrader2 (5/5/21) AKA- unclemonkey on Blow Out

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file