Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Modern varieties no longer in the price guide

Hi Friends,

Does anyone know why some recognized modern varieties seem to have been removed from the PCGS price guide? A few Lincoln cent examples are: PCGS coin #569360 1983-D FS#101, PCGS coin #380082 1984 FS#038/102, PCGS coin #38111 1995-D FS#041/103.

Thank you!

Comments

• Options
    RichieURichRichieURich Posts: 8,371 ✭✭✭✭✭

Those coins are still there but there are no values associated with them. There are very few certified for these 3 coins, except for the 1995-D in RD which has 45 certified and 6 sold at auction, not sure why they haven't posted values for that one. To see the pops and sales, click on the standard date in the price guide, then scroll down and click on "Show Related Coins & Varieties", then select the appropriate variety. Hope this helps.

An authorized PCGS dealer, and a contributor to the Red Book.

• Options
    davewesendavewesen Posts: 5,849 ✭✭✭✭✭

I went to COINFACTS and the first one has only 1 recorded sale

• Options
    TomBTomB Posts: 20,729 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't specialize in modern varieties so my opinion on this matter should not be considered well informed. However, might it be that some of these varieties are so thinly traded and/or have such small certified populations that any price data associated with them may be suspect? If so, perhaps PCGS is waiting until there is a more robust data pool.

Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file