Home U.S. & World Currency Forum
Options

Does Anyone else play "Where's George?"

I started in 2001 with one $10.00 bill. I just got a hit on it tonight. The bill originally came from Germany to British Columbia, and then to me. I recorded it and then used it. Now 18 years 235 days later it shows up in Caracas Venezuela!!! It was a 1999 issue. It's my first hit. If you haven't played, try it. It is fun.

Comments

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am not inclined to deface any U.S. Currency. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options
    tomtomtomtomtomtomtomtom Posts: 535 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 24, 2020 6:45AM

you mark the bill with a where is george stamp/logo...then people enter where they found it...if people didn't see the defaced note, they wouldn't report it...unless everyone enters every bill that they ever have held in their hands

• Options
    KentuckyJKentuckyJ Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭

It's been a long time since I've seen a Where's George note. They circulated a lot more often back in the early mid 2000's. Fewer people use cash payments these days. Entering bills with no obvious WG marking seems rather pointless to me :|

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Bill Marking "If you choose to mark your bills"....it may not be illegal but as a collector and student of all things numismatic, I don't like it. That's all. Buh bye.

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall