Home U.S. Coin Forum

Coin Roll & Mint Set Hunting.

Comments

• joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 14,787 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just found in a Quarter roll.
    Toned or missing copper (annealed)?

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • In4apennyIn4apenny Posts: 298 ✭✭✭

Completed the first 25 dollar box of pennies today. 10 wheats 1940's and 50's, 15 2009's no errors only 5 are very good the rest soiled. 3 more boxes of 25 dollars to go. Opened up the second one and found 2 rolls with 2009 enders. I am separating all of them by decade and will check for errors/small/large/date when all of them are opened. There were only a few with light tones. Cheers.

• CoinscratchCoinscratch Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭✭✭

@In4apenny Were they fed rolls or customer wrapped? I went through 4 boxes this past weekend then another tonight, all customer wrapped. Out of which only two are gradable.
    It’s a numbers game. I’ll be looking for some new banks tomorrow :)

• In4apennyIn4apenny Posts: 298 ✭✭✭

All Fed rolled. The best 2009 had a nice small black spot on the reverse otherwise it would be gradable, the search continues.

edited January 26, 2021 6:37AM

I hate when that happens. Try asking for customer wrapped. It might take several trips of those type before you get into a nice hoard. But when you do you’ll know immediately by how clean they are, when they were saved, and if they were searched or not by the presence or non-presence of 09‘s and Wheaties.
    Good luck!

I’m overdue for some good ones and will definitely be on the prowl today.

• Mdcoincollector2003Mdcoincollector2003 Posts: 665 ✭✭✭✭✭

Went through 200$ in quarters and found 2 extra quarters, a 5 baht from Thailand, 2016 s fort moultrie buisiness strike, and a 2019 W San Antonio. Now I just need River of No return and I’ll be done with the 2019 Ws. Still need 4/5 of the 2020 Ws

• any of these the one??

@Poordollaz47 Could be! They are in good shape but you will need to pull each one that corresponds to a variety or error coin to check it. I would start with the 69 S simply because that one in a doubled die would be worth over 100k. Have you familiarized yourself yet with the PCGS price guide? It basically has all of the pertinent information you’re looking for. Every year that has a little box with a plus sign inside, click for a drop down.
    Good luck & Welcome to the forum.

Your welcome, feel free to ask questions anytime that’s just one of many reasons this place is cool for.
    The old guard resides here therefore you will find more knowledge here than you ever could in all of the books combined. I’m still at the novice level :-)

edited January 28, 2021 7:05PM

Wait to ya see what I got today! Actually, couple of days ago.

edited January 28, 2021 7:08PM

@WQuarterFreddie said:
    Hey look what I got today! Butterflies
    4 of the rolls are W enders! I think I got me a hot box😎

DUDE!!! :o
    You just hit the MOTHER LODE. Congrats. Let me guess 20 W's?

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • WQuarterFreddieWQuarterFreddie Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have opened 10 rolls so far and have found 7 W plus I still have my 4 unopened W enders😎

Congratulations! Hard work and persistence pays off!

@joeykoins said:

@WQuarterFreddie said:
    Hey look what I got today! Butterflies
    4 of the rolls are W enders! I think I got me a hot box😎

25 rolls opened...found 17 W and I still have my 4 W ender unopened rolls....🥳🥳🥳🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

edited January 28, 2021 9:13PM

@WQuarterFreddie said:

25 rolls opened...found 17 W and I still have my 4 W ender unopened rolls....🥳🥳🥳🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

You are the envy of the forum. Hope you find at least 17 more. ;)
    .I figure, find them NOW. Later, they'll be really unseen a couple of years from now.

@dagingerbeasttt said:
    A few years back I plucked an 84 ddo 1c out of a box in the wild

That must've been a nice feeling.

@WQuarterFreddie said:
    Congratulations! Hard work and persistence pays off!

I'm thinking 64 RD shot 63 :D what say you?

• dagingerbeastttdagingerbeasttt Posts: 784 ✭✭✭✭

@CoinscratchFever said:

@dagingerbeasttt said:

It was, I was really excited. The original thread is floating around here somewhere

@dagingerbeasttt said:

@CoinscratchFever said:

@dagingerbeasttt said:

It was, I was really excited. The original thread is floating around here somewhere

Very cool, I haven't found one of those yet...I'm hoping this ugly box has a few more surprises

@CoinscratchFever said:

@dagingerbeasttt said:

@CoinscratchFever said:

@dagingerbeasttt said:

Very cool, I haven't found one of those yet...I'm hoping this ugly box has a few more surprises

It just might, you never know.🤙

@CoinscratchFever said:
    So...I'm driving down the road and I've already been to like 8 or 10 banks, no luck, bunch of junk, no's , and hell no's. And so I'm thinking to myself, Self! You gotta be at the right place at the right time and todays just not the day... So, I'm steering the ship towards home and all of a sudden. Hey! There's another Chase bank!
    Next thing you know I'm standing in line...For like 20 minutes, thinking to myself wtf am I doing. :D
    So, I get up there and before I could give the speech I notice the teller has a bunch of rolled coins on the counter in front of him, that just got dropped off...2 boxes of Links and all other denominations (clue). Okay, so I says I'll take the 2 boxes of pennies and the several rolls of the nickels :)
    No big deal, I get home Yesterday and start tearing into a few only to find out that they look like run of the mill fed rolls, dirty and probably searched but...I find of couple of wheaties and then today a couple more. One kinda nice '42.

Tonight, once I finally get a chance I'm back on it and starting to find some really frosty moderns nothing perfect yet but still I have over a box left with possibilities right?! And out pops an 88D wide am....What! No question marks here. It's the real deal!

I have been looking for that variety of the 88 for a long time with no luck. That's an awesome find!

@dagingerbeasttt I got one for sale if you want it :) my beer is looking a lil heavy on the scale I’ll have to savor the flavor till tomorrow on the rest of that box :)

• koynekwestkoynekwest Posts: 10,048 ✭✭✭✭✭

Does that Whitman folder bring back some memories, Poordollaz47! That was my first encounter with numismatics when I started in 1961.

@koynekwest said:
    Does that Whitman folder bring back some memories, Poordollaz47! That was my first encounter with numismatics when I started in 1961.

Damn...I started in 67... sucking on a pacifier that is :) Ya'll guys had it easy compared to nowadays - Searching that is.

@joeykoins said:

@WQuarterFreddie said:

You are the envy of the forum. Hope you find at least 17 more. ;)
    .I figure, find them NOW. Later, they'll be really unseen a couple of years from now.

Joey, I found 27 W quarters out of 46 rolls plus I have 4 unopened W ender rolls for a minimum of 31 W. Interestingly, the most I found was 2 W in a roll. I would classify this as a warm box not a hot box.

My best box was last year RONR when I found 65 W and several rolls had 5 or more W with my best roll total of 8 W!

That was so much fun but it was also a curse because I haven't gotten another box even close to that number😂🤣

Not complaining, just explaining😎

This was my best 2020 new coin box though! 🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

@WQuarterFreddie sell them quick unless they grade 66 or better. I still have a box of Lowell early finds 65 and below I can’t give away. Now the 66’s sold but I didn’t hit any 67’s

@CoinscratchFever said:
    @WQuarterFreddie sell them quick unless they grade 66 or better. I still have a box of Lowell early finds 65 and below I can’t give away. Now the 66’s sold but I didn’t hit any 67’s

I will take your Lowell's if you are giving them away!😎🤣😂

• derrybderryb Posts: 36,112 ✭✭✭✭✭

@WQuarterFreddie said:

Joey, I found 27 W quarters out of 46 rolls plus I have 4 unopened W ender rolls for a minimum of 31 W. Interestingly, the most I found was 2 W in a roll. I would classify this as a warm box not a hot box.

My best box was last year RONR when I found 65 W and several rolls had 5 or more W with my best roll total of 8 W!

Different method of mixing the Ws in 2019 vs. 2020. 31 W's is about the avg. for 2020.

The decline from democracy to tyranny is both a natural and inevitable one.

edited January 28, 2021 11:25PM

You most certainly have the right name title! Except, you should change the Freddie part to "KING". LOL
    Congratulations

@WQuarterFreddie said:

@CoinscratchFever said:

Send me your address I’ll throw you a couple or 3. Happy Friday ⛳️

edited January 29, 2021 10:48AM

Yesterday I found 2 quarters in a bank roll. One Lowell W and this 2005d Kansas Statehood. For it being in the wild for 16 years. What magnificent eye appeal! The fields are almost unblemished. Check it out.

@CoinscratchFever said:

@WQuarterFreddie said:

@CoinscratchFever said:

Send me your address I’ll throw you a couple or 3. Happy Friday ⛳️

Thank you for your generous offer! PM sent about working out a trade😎

@joeykoins said:
    Yesterday I found 2 quarters in a bank roll. One Lowell W and this 2005d Kansas Statehood. For it being in the wild for 16 years. What magnificent eye appeal! The fields are almost unblemished. Check it out.

Yea No! I'm seeing a lot of marks happy... Funny how they look soooo good from afar. Remember what Mannie says...Trust, he isn't wrong.

• emeraldATVemeraldATV Posts: 3,960 ✭✭✭✭✭

Pocket change given last night.
    1970 D*?

Floating Roof with water damage, but I'll keep it.

• KurisuKurisu Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭✭✭

My favorite kind of difficult.
    All 2020 dimes...wish me... "69's"!!! :smiley:

Coins are Neato!

"If it's a penny for your thoughts and you put in your two cents worth, then someone...somewhere...is making a penny." - Steven Wright

Loving my Chase branches...I've got a handful to pick from which are only a 3 to 6 miles from the Denver Mint.
    Banking with them for a decades...
    Asked a favorite teller if they had gotten any possible 2021 coins yet.
    She said, "nope but I've got some nice new looking Loomis rolls...and a 4 rolls of small dollars...and call me later this week to place an order for small dollars, you might get Hubble Telescope ones!" ...How awesome would that be?!
    It pays to go to the same banks for a bunch of years for us life-long CRH's

This is going to be fun!

Coins are Neato!

"If it's a penny for your thoughts and you put in your two cents worth, then someone...somewhere...is making a penny." - Steven Wright

@Kurisu Must be nice living so close to the mint :) I went to the Federal Reserve Bank in Houston one day, thinking I was just gonna walk in a grab a box of quarters :D Wrong! That's not how that works!

@CoinscratchFever said:
    @Kurisu Must be nice living so close to the mint :) I went to the Federal Reserve Bank in Houston one day, thinking I was just gonna walk in a grab a box of quarters :D Wrong! That's not how that works!

Well, also, to argue against myself :wink: Loomis rolls near the Mint don't always mean so much... They are servicing a lot of branches in and around the Denver area...I actually have no idea which large bank branches or coin service locations get the coins coming directly from the mint.
    In almost 30 years in the Denver area I have only ever seen a few Mint rolls at my banks, none of those recently...although I did only start searching local bank rolls again just a few months ago after 20 years or so of never getting rolls from my banks.

Coins are Neato!

@Kurisu said:

@CoinscratchFever said:

Well, also, to argue against myself :wink: Loomis rolls near the Mint don't always mean so much... They are servicing a lot of branches in and around the Denver area...I actually have no idea which large bank branches or coin service locations get the coins coming directly from the mint.
    In almost 30 years in the Denver area I have only ever seen a few Mint rolls at my banks, none of those recently...although I did only start searching local bank rolls again just a few months ago after 20 years or so of never getting rolls from my banks.

You ever watch Drag Net or Get Smart? Stake it out but don't follow too close :D

The Good News

Picked up this surprise box from my bank today. All 2020 Rockefeller quarters!

The Bad News

Not ONE "W".
    Oh well. :'(

@CoinscratchFever said:

@koynekwest said:

Damn...I started in 67... sucking on a pacifier that is :) Ya'll guys had it easy compared to nowadays - Searching that is.

I wasn't born until 94😂 😂

@dagingerbeasttt said:

@CoinscratchFever said:

@koynekwest said:

Your 27 and I’m 27 years older ;)

@CoinscratchFever said:

@dagingerbeasttt said:

@CoinscratchFever said:

@koynekwest said:

27 with a lot of passion for the hobby and numismatic's,😊

@dagingerbeasttt said:

@CoinscratchFever said:

@dagingerbeasttt said:

@CoinscratchFever said:

@koynekwest said:

27 with a lot of passion for the hobby and numismatic's,😊

Edit to add: I feel I'm one of the younger members here

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file